Transferable parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadian_guy

Reaction score
I heard that the Yamaha Venture final drive assembly will fit the V-max. I am hoping that someone can confirm this. I would like to extend the range of my Max when on a longer trip. Is there a site where you can cross reference bike parts? Are there other parts that can be used?
Thanks for the assist.
Steve

certain year venture's can and they drop rpms by 10% ish

I heard that the Yamaha Venture final drive assembly will fit the V-max. I am hoping that someone can confirm this. I would like to extend the range of my Max when on a longer trip. Is there a site where you can cross reference bike parts? Are there other parts that can be used?
Thanks for the assist.
Steve

Steve,
I have an 86' venture rear diff on my bike. The housing looks identical to the Vmax. even has the shock mount too!:clapping:
G

Yes, they can. Seem to remember hearing early (pre-Max) Ventures wouldn't work, but since the Max was based largely off the Venture in drivetrain, all the later ones used the same housing and stuff with just slightly different gears inside.

From what I've gathered, it drops RPM by about 400 at 75mph. With a venture drive, I turn ~4400@75mph in fifth, where stock bikes are more like 48-4900 or so. I routinely get 115-120mi to the fuel light, and average around 37-40mpg.

The trade off is your acceleration will be slightly weaker. The motor has plenty of power to turn the higher gears, but lined up against a stock diff you'll be a tad slower.

I'm sure Sean(one2dmax) knows exactly which years are compatible.

86-93 (Some years will need the shock mount bored and tapped). We have them on hand including a chromed diff. it's 10% reduction compared to stock.

Sean

I've been working on a parts compatibility list vs VMax years for a while. I should add this type of info to it. Someday it will be complete. Everyone seemed to be interested to start with but haven't given me any inputs for a while....

I've been working on a parts compatibility list vs VMax years for a while. I should add this type of info to it. Someday it will be complete. Everyone seemed to be interested to start with but haven't given me any inputs for a while....
I don't think it's that were not interested Dave, I think it's just our short attention span disorder that we Vmaxers have. Everytime the mod monkey shows or tells us about some new shiney gizmo that we NEED for our Vmax our attention is immediatly diverted. I have been wearing my anti-mod monkey sunglasses since riding season so I've been mostly immune, I've only been looking at what is absolutley, positivley, won't run without it type things this mod season.
:icon_rolleyes:
:eek:h yeah:
:blink000:
:eusa_liar:
:blahblah:
:th_signs42:
And if you believe that I have some great property for sale just west of you!:biglaugh:

welcome to the forum my canadian compadres, part of the deal is pics, pics of the bike man what she look like

They will work (96 and up a few years I think) but need the shock mount drilled and something done with the digital speedo sending unit. Either leave it or plug the hole.

Sean

Hey there;
Hey thanks for the great response! Appreciate the help. I added some info to the member profile and will add some more pics. We had the annual bike show here ( inside ) and have been going crazy waiting for riding season to come area again. Very envious of those who can ride all year! We are only a snow fall away from setting a new record this year. I was up on the roof last weekend shovelling it off as there have been several roofs collapse in the past week. No one has been hurt, as of yet, thankfully.

Back