Turbo my Max ? And update on Shinko tires.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
So I have all these extra turbo parts that came with my Busa..... got me thinking of putting a turbo on my Max.

I would just be concerned at how much power a stock motor could take. Could you see 175-200 hp without breaking the trans, bending rods or snapping parts?

I think nitrous is a better bang for the buck myself. But since I know have a turbo bike. I can only say from the few burnouts I ve done inside the shop ( while watching the snow fall outside at 10 degrees temps ) that its BAD ASS.

I just ordered a Shinko Reactor drag slick for my Turbo Busa and an extra stock wheel to put it on.

I have to order a new Shinko for the rear of the Max as well. I might order a new front and just switch them out also. I still have some life on them, but they are cheap enough to just replace. Plus my front is cupping a little. All in all I have around 5800 miles on them roughly and I think I could get another 1000 out of them. And thats with about 60-70 drag strip passes on them.

I am very pleased with the Shinko tires on the Max. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who wants the best traction you can get out of a tire and have it be a little wider. I have the 170 on the rear and stock on the front.

Todd

If you were doing a complete build then a turbo would be awesome but trying to make one work on a mostly stock engine always seemed like a daunting task to me... To me turbos work better on modern fuel injected bikes like your busa, not saying they can't work on carbed engines but nowhere near as efficient... If your planning on building the bike around the turbo then it would kick ass but for the majority of people I agree and think nitrous is the way to go... My experience with the Shinko's has also been the same as yours, they are sticky and give great traction and are cheap :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

A safe 5 psi would net you about 170-175hp.
Are you thinking of a draw-through or blow-through?

Pistons won't take enough to get you to 200. 5-6 psi without intercooling and maybe slightly more with intercooler. 170's is about the max i'd say. Racefuel might let you raise it a little more but not sure if it will take that even.

can't comment on turbo but i love shinko's. cheap and sticky. don't last as long maybe but i'd rather be stuck to the road.

I wondered what was going on in your shop, the light is always on late at night!:clapping::punk::rocket bike:

Me? Im not here my friend :D

Pistons won't take enough to get you to 200. 5-6 psi without intercooling and maybe slightly more with intercooler. 170's is about the max i'd say. Racefuel might let you raise it a little more but not sure if it will take that even.
I would say rods will go down first.

Also are we talking about rwhp or fwhp?

Latest posts

Back