Two 2009's on ebay from dealers.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earlzach

Reaction score
A VMOA guy from Rapid City SD drove his home yesterday. He only got in 8 miles due to weather.
Said 2nd gear rolling burnouts are no problem! :biglaugh:

A third showed up on e bay. Bid's at $15,220 with no reserve.
It kinda looks like some guys had to gave up their deposit and back out of the deal.

That shop in Laurel is about 30 min from me..I emailed the guy to see if someone backed out of the purchase and he would'nt tell me..might go take a look at it ..

I can tell you from working as a part time mechanic at a Yamaha dealer that some dealers are buying them to put on the floor and hoping to make a killing now that the special order period is over. This was not Yamahas intention for these first 2500 bikes. The Dealer's that have these bikes on the floor put the $1000 deposit down and ordered it under a friend or employees name. They have 30 days to transfer it to a new owner. After 30 days is up the waranty period on the bike begins. It is the Dealers that are making a killing on these limited edition models. Very few are going to be willing to make deals because they know they will get the listed price or more as time passes.

I can tell you from working as a part time mechanic at a Yamaha dealer that some dealers are buying them to put on the floor and hoping to make a killing now that the special order period is over. This was not Yamahas intention for these first 2500 bikes. The Dealer's that have these bikes on the floor put the $1000 deposit down and ordered it under a friend or employees name. They have 30 days to transfer it to a new owner. After 30 days is up the waranty period on the bike begins. It is the Dealers that are making a killing on these limited edition models. Very few are going to be willing to make deals because they know they will get the listed price or more as time passes.

Won't this situation actually put pressure on these dealers to sell before the 30 days elapse? :confused2:
I wouldn't want to pay full price for an '09 if the warranty clock is already ticking on it.

That's interesting insight on the warranty and good to know when looking at 09s on the dealer showroom floor.

Back