ufo 4-2 system clearance issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radar-4460

Reaction score
please help. the problem i'am having is the left rear head pipe is touching the rubber boot that goes around the drive shaft output.:ummm:

That is not the first time I hear something bad about UFO products.

What can I say...return it.

Talk to Chris/4gasem about some experience with UFO :rofl_200:

I'm really interested in how this plays out, keep us informed, k? Great looking system, but lots of bad press. I'm hesitant
Steve-o

please help. the problem i'am having is the left rear head pipe is touching the rubber boot that goes around the drive shaft output.:ummm:

thanks. i have been messing with it a few hours now near as i can tell the left rear head pipe has the wrong bend in it. i can get it on but like i said its touching the rubber boot and a bolt near the boot. i'am not going to mess with it any more until i talk to jon.

thanks. i have been messing with it a few hours now near as i can tell the left rear head pipe has the wrong bend in it. i can get it on but like i said its touching the rubber boot and a bolt near the boot. i'am not going to mess with it any more until i talk to jon.
That sounds like the best path to take, especially if something looks wrong. Talk to Jon and find out how to resolve the issue. If it's brand new he should stand behind his product and make it right for you.

i talked to jon he said to trim a little off the bottom of the left rear pipe wedge a piece of wood where its touching and tighten the bolts it did'nt work. i talked to him again today i quess i'am going to send the whole system back to him so he can figure out whats wrong. i did run it once its kinda loud but man my bike runs good seems like it has more power then with my kerker. has anyone else changed from kerker 4-2-1 to ufo 4-2 slash cut? thanks.

i talked to jon he said to trim a little off the bottom of the left rear pipe wedge a piece of wood where its touching and tighten the bolts it did'nt work. i talked to him again today i quess i'am going to send the whole system back to him so he can figure out whats wrong. i did run it once its kinda loud but man my bike runs good seems like it has more power then with my kerker. has anyone else changed from kerker 4-2-1 to ufo 4-2 slash cut? thanks.

Once again please keep us posted on the whole deal.......

I LOVE the looks of the UFO 4 into 2.....but I hear lots of bad stuff.....let's see how it works out for you:confused2:

I have the UFO 4/2 with the slashcut mufflers and had no problems installing it. 1985 Vmax with venture carbs (they were $79 off ebay) 150 mains with factory pro needles and puts out 112 hp with 69 fp torqe. the pipes are really loud and deafening when the v-boost kicks in. No one wants to ride behind me.

I had a hard time getting my older style ufo system on the bike also, thought I was going to have to pull out the pipe stretcher. Me and a buddy finally got enough muscle behind it to get the damn thing together and now when I have to take it off it goes back together easier.

I had troubles with jon and the length of time it took to get the exhaust shipped after I had paid him, there was even a 1 week delay because they were checking the "fitment" on a mock-up motor. They must have a 1 inch smaller motor than mine?

Good luck.

I had a hard time getting my older style ufo system on the bike also, thought I was going to have to pull out the pipe stretcher. Me and a buddy finally got enough muscle behind it to get the damn thing together and now when I have to take it off it goes back together easier.

I had troubles with jon and the length of time it took to get the exhaust shipped after I had paid him, there was even a 1 week delay because they were checking the "fitment" on a mock-up motor. They must have a 1 inch smaller motor than mine?

Good luck.

:rofl_200:LOL I have only bought one thing from Jon. I will probably never buy again either. It is not that I had bad luck with him the first go around. It is just that I am nervouse about all the bad press he has gotten in the past. I think he needs to put forth alot of effort before his reputation will change.

Gannon

i have the ufo quadzilla on my bike right now. mine has the same issue you describe about it hitting the shaft housing. not sure how old my system is but its at least 18 mos old

I went from a Kerker on my 85 to a HMF system on my 02 i like the looks of the HMF over the kerker but i dont think you will notice any performance gains unless on a dyno.

I have 4/2 UFO Megaphone's went on just fine.its to bad you're having problems. love these pipes... Jon has always taken my calls and emails , he's always been a great help.

Unfortunately this is a consistent installation and fit problem with the 4/2. I also see it is an issue with the 4/2/1. Myself and others have had to grind off the bolt to clear. I saw 4/2 last weekend with still a fit issue with that bend. John will have to make a new down pipe with a better clearance. If you think it is loud now, wait until the little bit of packing burns out about 100 miles later. Very Very Loud. I have them on my Gen 1 and gen 2 bikes. Looks cool! Loud! Performance about same as Kerker. I think the reduction or absence of exhaust back pressure reduces the torque. rick

rick52. i tried calling jon a few more times no call back don't know if i will ever get this issue strightened out. on a side note i rolled my quad yesterday it went end over end down a hill man is it ever screwed-up. i also went end over end domn the hill what fun.

Sounds like you have the same luck i do i was hillclimbing down at hatfield mccoy trails in W Virginia a my banshee rolled from 3/4 down the hill lucky for the atv only went once over then on its wheels back down the hill me not so lucky fuck up my right wrist bad will live with it for the rest of my life. Now i have a built in rev limiter in wrist. LOL be safe and stick to 2 wheels.

update. talked to jon he sent me a left rear pipe to try fits great so i sent it back to him today so he could coat it and send it back. its took some time but he has been real good about the whole thing.

:punk: Email Jon, he will answer that night normally. He's a great guy, he just gets a lot of crap from a couple of the guys on this site. Good Luck, Spurs

Back