UFO dragstar pipe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No clue, but I imagine they can't be too far from the Marks, as far as carb settings go. You should be able to look at what other people are running at your sea level, and adjust close to that. Or give Sean Morley a call and get one of his muscle jet kits, and some good advice from him for a baseline.

Damon from Michigan claimed last yr. and had a Dyno sheet to show picked up almost 10.5 HP with jetting set for it , I think that was over the Kerker pipe or what ever pipe he had before it. Later Kurt

Kurt,
Thanks! I'm getting ready to call Jon. I wish I didn't have to drop a grand - but no other pipe has that vette sound! Still 2x the price of the V&H Pro pipe I had on my last ride. Now I'm thinking jet kit? I got 10hp from a K/N filter with modified stocked exhaust & tune. (115hp/80tq) I'm thinking 123-126hp after tweeking with it a bit.

yankee

It's basically a straight pipe and not worth a grand. I've heard one a couple of years agi in Topeka. Take off stock mufflers and run with open headers and that's what it sounds like.

Thanks - I think he already sold it but it was a 4/2 I'm interested in the 4/1 exhaust. Still giving it some thought...

It's basically a straight pipe and not worth a grand. I've heard one a couple of years agi in Topeka. Take off stock mufflers and run with open headers and that's what it sounds like.

Agreed 100%

Damon is also VERY good friends with Jon.

I heard all of the popular exhausts this past weekend at Thunder and my favorite 4 into 1 sound comes from a Kerker exhaust. It has the top fuel dragster sound and sounds especially sweet under full power with the comp baffle.
A friend of mine has the UFO 4 into 1 and to me it sounds "raspy" which hurts my ear when reved way up, it registers at 112 db. He put in a baffle that takes away some of the "ear cracking" sound that it originally made but the sound is kind of hollow. My Mark's 4 into 2 system also registered at 112 db's but has a deeper, full sound to it. I really like the sound of the Mark's 4 into 1 but from what I heard the Kerker has the sweetest sound for a 4 into one(with a comp baffle). Both the Mark's and Kereker will be less expensive than the UFO.

I will report back on this later. I have a Dale walker on my girlfriends 85 right now & am not crazy about it & love the look & sound of the UFO megaphone so I bought Spyders. I had her bike on the dyno & it was way off just the way I bought it & I knew it was not right. I am not gonna do any thing to it except bolt the UFO on & take it to the dyno & see where it stands we will see if I lose power or gain it. I will admit its in a poor state of tune right now but is is my girlfriends bike so I have not worried about ultimate HP I have actually not tuned it good for that reason. On top of this I have never dealt with Jon at all & am not the kind to jump on every one else's band wagon rather it be true or not I dont know & I treat every one equally untill they personally do me wrong.

??????Kyle, did you drive over there and pick them up already???:confused2:

I've gotta go to Sarasota tomorrow, RMW is building a 45 Win Mag Upper
for one of my AR's. Ron wants me in on the design so I'm there...:ummm:

??????Kyle, did you drive over there and pick them up already???:confused2:

I've gotta go to Sarasota tomorrow, RMW is building a 45 Win Mag Upper
for one of my AR's. Ron wants me in on the design so I'm there...:ummm:
I plan on having a long day Friday leaving here at 6-6:30 heading to Rockledge & help ninjaneer get his flywheel off & then heading to Daytona to get exaust & then heading home.

I heard all of the popular exhausts this past weekend at Thunder and my favorite 4 into 1 sound comes from a Kerker exhaust. It has the top fuel dragster sound and sounds especially sweet under full power with the comp baffle.
A friend of mine has the UFO 4 into 1 and to me it sounds "raspy" which hurts my ear when reved way up, it registers at 112 db. He put in a baffle that takes away some of the "ear cracking" sound that it originally made but the sound is kind of hollow. My Mark's 4 into 2 system also registered at 112 db's but has a deeper, full sound to it. I really like the sound of the Mark's 4 into 1 but from what I heard the Kerker has the sweetest sound for a 4 into one(with a comp baffle). Both the Mark's and Kereker will be less expensive than the UFO.

Ding Ding Ding!!! Agree across the board... The UFO literally hurts my ears. On rides with owners of the pipes, I won't ride next to them.

Before I buy the UFO pipe I want to gut the insides of the fatory mufflers any advice?

Probly won't do much for you Bill, loud for sure but doubtful on power gain....the real power blockers are the front headers....get rid of them and throw in a jet kit. Go to the dyno and GRIN! :eek:h yeah:

OR, and I know you are well aware of this.....there is the squeeze, the juice....the GAS, man!!! Just one blue bottle away!! :punk: :rofl_200:

That might not be a bad idea.... Just heard a gutted set of Supertrapp's on youtube that didn't sound too bad and I could probably find a set for a decent price.

Back