UFO Sponsored Drag day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UFO Drag day

I could think there are a few possibilities around here. Cordova, IL, Cedar Falls, IA, Eddyville, IA (1/8 mile). It
sounds like there are a few from Nebraska, maybe a few Red Maple leafs (canooks).... Give a shout out as to where you are from and if you are interested in having a mid-west drag night or social gathering... I would be willing to try and set something up wherever. There are also some KC guys, so maybe Missouri would be a good centralized spot?

I could think there are a few possibilities around here. Cordova, IL, Cedar Falls, IA, Eddyville, IA (1/8 mile). It
sounds like there are a few from Nebraska, maybe a few Red Maple leafs (canooks).... Give a shout out as to where you are from and if you are interested in having a mid-west drag night or social gathering... I would be willing to try and set something up wherever. There are also some KC guys, so maybe Missouri would be a good centralized spot?

KC is 5-6 hours from here so that's not too far...

I just want to hook up with more GOOD maxers.

:thumbs up:

Chris and I have exchanged emails, he and I have a lot of things in common we are both nice guys we love Vmax's and we both have a huge dislike for Jon, like many of you out there that just don't know it yet.

Jon, turned on me like a Jekyll and Hyde thru emails, when it got to the point I was ready to show up on his doorstep he said he notified the authority's [the guy antagonizes the S**T out of me to the point I wanted to shake him around by the neck like a rag doll and then calls the cops??]
My first email to him was me wanting parts from him[i had spoken to him many of times by phone] the order apparently was not big enough for him[ slash cut Mufflers and a fork brace]
he chose to get very personal with me,I don't take crap of that caliber from anyone especially a long haired midget [he might be good in the quarter because hes the size of a Mexican horse jockey]He is so fake and is so arrogant the only reason some don't see that side of him because he wants their money,He was so worried about me telling everyone he gets his wheels from Ego Tripp, in Texas[talk to Jared or Greg great bunch of guy's]

They make the rear hub and all.

As for Sean Morley, he has helped me with my bike and continiusly answers my annoying phone calls, a VERY stand up guy,John Furber,another great guy and Bill Warner another.

We all love Vmax's and lets try to keep it all about our enjoyment of them. cause there will always be A-holes out there! And yes chris I would love to speak to Jon, face to face[or my chest to his face lol] but I know his type he would call the cop's so fast saying I threatend him.

My first encounter with old man on the HoustonVmax yahoo board I ended up having to tell him that the #2 by his name didn't mean shit to me and to lay off with the condescending attitude. That was about 3 posts in on my thread which tells how quickly it started getting stupid.

Rusty

While I hate to bash other people I will take an exception to this. When I first started the Yahoo group I stated that I was V-Max new owner and asked if it was common that my bike would 'jump' or 'creep' if I tried to start it in gear, clutch in, after it sat for awhile. 'Old Man' berated me that I was a punk kid, who bought a POS, who knew nothing about bikes, and that MY bike had been ridden hard and hung up wet and that the guy I bought it from laughed all the way to the bank. He Bashed ME and MY BIKE w/o knowing anything about me or my new ride. Needless to say I have added 11k to my bike w/o any probs and noticed that ALL V-maxers that I ride with put it in neutral prior to starting. He offers very little besides condecending talk, yet he is worshiped like a God on the Yahoo forums.

Last edited:

While I hate to bash other people I will take an exception to this. When I first started the Yahoo group I stated that I was V-Max new owner and ask if it common that my bike would 'jump' or 'creep' if I tried to start it in gear, clutch in, after it sat for awhile. 'Old Man' berated me that I was a punk kid, who bought a POS, who knew nothing about bikes, and that MY bike had been ridden hard and hung up wet and that the guy I bought it from laughed all the way to the bank. He Bashed ME and MY BIKE w/o knowing anything about me or my new ride. Needless tp say I have added 11k to my bike w/o any probs and noticed that ALL V-maxers that I ride with put it in neutral prior to starting. He offers very little besides condecending talk, yet he is worshiped like a God on the Yahoo forums.

Please don't but "Old Man Smith" in the same category as Cornel. Yes he can be an a** at times but he has never taken anyones money or ripped anyone off. You gota remember he is drinking Wild Turkey have the time he responds to the group. I have spoken to him several times over the phone and in person and he is harmless. Just an "Old man" from Texas.

Don't take Old man too seriously he's a good guy underneath the crabby exterior

I would seriously take some time off for a Max get together. The "brotherhood" feeling that is so apperent here makes me want to meet all you max heads!
I live in the Eastern end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula so I would want to hang out for at least a weekend. If the UFO weekend happens I would try to be there also. Maybe we could have our own annual event, open to all forum members and their friends.

Don't take Old man too seriously he's a good guy underneath the crabby exterior

I do agree, I'll be the first to say that if a Houston area Vmaxer needs help in a mechanical way he will devote more time to helping than most of would ever be able to.
Better leave your feelings at home tho'

I've talked to him a few times on the phone about a couple of mechanical things and he was of a great help. We just had to get past that initial putdown.

Rusty

I would seriously take some time off for a Max get together. The "brotherhood" feeling that is so apperent here makes me want to meet all you max heads!
I live in the Eastern end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula so I would want to hang out for at least a weekend. If the UFO weekend happens I would try to be there also. Maybe we could have our own annual event, open to all forum members and their friends.

Brian,

You live close enough, 2-3 hrs or so, you should come up to Kincardine, Ontario for our Spring Ice Breaker May 30-June 1st. We had 26 Max's last year and hopefully we get more than 30 this year. Contact me if you are interested.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

Sorry to be off topic, just pitching my ride:eusa_dance:

If you'all ever come down South I would love to attend an event down here. We have some good tracks in Louisiana and Mississippi and we are at sea level! Of course, it would have to be at a time when it isn't 100 degrees with 100% humidity...but there is a window when the weather conditions are good.

Mike

A UFO drag day is a great idea,because John is a drag racer he and the rest of the would be supporters should show their support and have the meet at an AMA Prostar event. Then all the B.S. can be set aset, and we can see who has the quickest VMax in any given forum (stock internals or modified) currently Daryl at PCW - slick, bar,chain and 1570 runs below 9.0

Update!

U.F.O. Day at the DRAGS!!!!!
I talked with Jon last night, and he gave me the go ahead to tell you guys that he rented out the track for July 20th as that was obviously the prefered date. It is a done deal, so mark your callenders.

Further, Jon explained that there has been a misunderstanding about the preregistration. The preregistration is so he can plan on how much food he needs, and how many trophies to get. You don't have to prepay to preregister, you can pay at the gate, but you must preregister to attend. No walk ons will be accepted, no exceptions. You preregister, and you can pay your $15 fees when you show up.

Sean, if these guys without computers are such good friends, I wouldn't see why you couldn't take responsibillity and preregister them???
smil3dbd4e29bbcc7.gif

Roger
smil3dbd4e5e7563a.gif

WHEW!!!

I already took the time off from work... So I'm glad to hear something...Just wish I could hear news directly from the source. I don't really understand that arrangement.

So who's going? Even if I have to drive myself I'm in(Hoping to ride with Mr Morley (aka TOTO) if he has room)...If not I need to get a ramp to load the max in the avalanche... I will have extra seating for anyone willing to ride along. I'll be heading out of Lincoln NE.
We'll have Navi, in dash Movies and XM radio...lol

Anyone else know for sure yet?

Frank

WHEW!!!

I already took the time off from work... So I'm glad to hear something...Just wish I could hear news directly from the source. I don't really understand that arrangement.

So who's going? Even if I have to drive myself I'm in(Hoping to ride with Mr Morley (aka TOTO) if he has room)...If not I need to get a ramp to load the max in the avalanche... I will have extra seating for anyone willing to ride along. I'll be heading out of Lincoln NE.
We'll have Navi, in dash Movies and XM radio...lol

Anyone else know for sure yet?

Frank

Pretty sure me and Hubeer are going... We may go seperate as he needs to go to PA afterwards. I wll be trucking mine there. No riding 10 hours for me thank you!

As it gets closer you'll have to give me an idea of your schedule. We can have a convoy...lol

I will be bringing down a group from Ontario to join in the fun. Also, I got an email from Tom at Cycle One Off and it sounds like he may be bringing a bike too. Should be a blast.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

PS: Sean, John @ PCW says their motor tuner is quite excited to see what kind of HP my 1428cc will make with your jet kit. Actually asked if it was ok to run at least 5 gallons through on the dyno once they run it in to see what they can get with it. Will post the dyno page here or send in an email to you.

I was waiting to see who would bring up the "Rubber Duck"...Figures it would be Sean..lol

Crap by making that reference we are kind of carbon dating ourselves.

I'm always down for a choke and puke... Wonder if there are any white castles along the way? :drool:

Hey Sean you still bringing the Dyno?

Glad to see people aren't scared off by the BS. Will be great to meet some of the other guys... even the Canadians (JK)!

Looks like crap weather here in NE this weekend...and I have to move a big ass toolbox...just great!!

Frank

Like I said earlier in this thread. I think it would be great to hook all of us here on the VMF at a certain point. Maybe at breakfast at a choke and puke and then we can get to know each other and head over to the drags...???:thumbs up:

Back