VBOOST MAG for public Sale?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the insight on how to set this up.

picked this from another thread

icon1.gif
Re: Do we have a poll feature in this forum?
Hi Firefly: Yes, there is a poll feature. When you start a new post, title it accordingly as your poll. Add your text to the reply box. Scroll down to the next box "Additional Options" There you will see a box to check to start a poll. You can have up to ten poll options. Hope this helps.

G Man

Was going to do it myself, but since there are so many options I`m not sure what you would like

I'd buy it, but that's because I've ridden Vmaxs my entire adult life. I can't picture someone who rides a Harley, sport bike, or touring bike buying it though.

Not a good idea in my opinion.......you are asking the wrong people if they would buy it as well.

Why would this be the wrong group to ask? This forum alone is over 8000 members strong. The VBoost is a magazine written by VMAX owners FOR VMAX owners so this is the correct group to be asking their opinion.

I'd buy it, but that's because I've ridden Vmaxs my entire adult life. I can't picture someone who rides a Harley, sport bike, or touring bike buying it though.

Not a good idea in my opinion.......you are asking the wrong people if they would buy it as well.

Why would this be the wrong group to ask? This forum alone is over 8000 members strong. The VBoost is a magazine written by VMAX owners FOR VMAX owners so this is the correct group to be asking their opinion.

I agree with mark, hence the comment"that's like asking a monkey if he wants a banana ". Of course we'd buy it, we're vmaxers! Why not just leave the extra vboost mags at local MC shops and hope that it gets some new members, I include them in most of my seats when I ship them and you (mike) said you just got a new member in a Similar way.

I agree with mark, hence the comment"that's like asking a monkey if he wants a banana ". Of course we'd buy it, we're vmaxers! Why not just leave the extra vboost mags at local MC shops and hope that it gets some new members, I include them in most of my seats when I ship them and you (mike) said you just got a new member in a Similar way.

What Rick said...LOL.

Personally I don't think you'd sell any........would you buy Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 Owners Quarterly?

I find this interesting since a couple dozen people have said they would buy them. So I beg to differ. Thanks for your opinion although.
This is a specialized magazine for vmax owners and has been very receptive so far.

What Rick said...LOL.

Personally I don't think you'd sell any........would you buy Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 Owners Quarterly?

What I'm observing from the different post is that there seems to be a difference of opinion based on motive. I looked at it as more of providing a service to the guys that aren't VMOA members, but might enjoy the Magazine, selling it around cost.. Some post imply to me, that the posters are thinking the motivation is more of a profit based decision. Questions like, how many would you sell or will that change the status of the organization. Or getting lawyers involved. Like itgoes said, Would you buy a Moto guzzi griso quarterly. Yes I would, but It would only because I owned one. I don't see a huge market opening up for the Mag, But there's no doubt there will be alot of interest with Vmax owners. It all depends on your motivation to make the Mag public. I would buy one :eusa_dance:

What I'm observing from the different post is that there seems to be a difference of opinion based on motive. I looked at it as more of providing a service to the guys that aren't VMOA members, but might enjoy the Magazine, selling it around cost.. Some post imply to me, that the posters are thinking the motivation is more of a profit based decision. Questions like, how many would you sell or will that change the status of the organization. Or getting lawyers involved. Like itgoes said, Would you buy a Moto guzzi griso quarterly. Yes I would, but It would only because I owned one. I don't see a huge market opening up for the Mag, But there's no doubt there will be alot of interest with Vmax owners. It all depends on your motivation to make the Mag public. I would buy one :eusa_dance:

Yes....I would buy one, I've already stated that. I'm no longer a VMOA member but would enjoy reading VBoost, especially if it had more Gen 2 content in it. ;)

I think it would be a mistake to market it to non-Vmax owners though....it would be a waste of time and money IMO.

I agree, if there`s any place to pop the question it`s here. Lots of forum members and even a lot of non-forum-members browsing around. So the question basically is, how many non-VMOA members would be interested in buying the VBoost even if they aren`t interested in becoming a VMOA member (which we should promote first and foremost of course :) )?

I received my first copy in the mail early last month or the one before and I really liked it!! The quality was fantastic and the articles I've read a few times already!! Getting it out to the public may also help some VMax Vendors, especially if they carry parts for other bikes as well..
Lee

This is all great to see how interested everyone is in the Vboost magazine. Right now for a $40 membership would get you 4 copies of this quarterly published magazine. I know once this decision is made and we go forward to publicly selling it would definitely cost more than $10 a copy. So the being a VMOA member is definitely a perk receiving this magazine 4 times a year free!!!

Would going public change the the basic charter of the VMOA from a volunteer driven non-profit to something else? Would the VMOA then need a lawyer and a tax attorney? What would be the expenses incurred? Would the VMOA then be incorporated business? How would that square with Yamaha Motor Corporation? Would the officers then start drawing a paycheck? Could get complicated legally but maybe that is the direction the VMOA needs to grow. How would the members feel, if the VBOOST didn't make a profit, having their dues support it. Since the VMOA now has a tiered membership why wouldn't members in the top tier reduce their membership to the lowest and then buy the VBOOST publically? Then too would members just stop their membership and simply buy the VBOOST?
If it does go public the editing would need to become more professional because there was way too many errors. Jasse sending a copy to the directors for proof reading obviously doesn't work very well.
Many questions to be answered. Maybe the most basic is; Is there a market for a magazine about a cult motorcycle?
David Tavares

I think I would buy it , But I have to agree with Dave that the Vmoa was set up as Non profit so if you sold the mag it would have to be at cost otherwise you enter the profit side and would have to pay tax on everything the Vmoa sells

I am not currently a VMOA member, but i will be as soon as I take the time to register. I just bought my VMAX and am very eager to read the magazine every quarter. But its like this....i wouldnt pay over $10 dollars to buy it from Early's Cycle Center (my local shop). I would rather pay VMOA $40 for the full subscription, access to the forums, and the comrodery (sorry if not spelled right) of all the other members. I say DO NOT SELL THEM PUBLICALLY. Everyone give old copies to dealers to hand out to MAX owners who buy or come in for parts. I feel sure they will join. Just my nooby humble opinion.:beer:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back