Vmax virgin looking to buy - what should I look (out) for?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm official now, I just laid out the money on a VMax. Bought it at a local Harley shop of all places. 2002 Carbon Fiber, 19k miles, near stock, just has big windshield, back-rest, and highway pegs. The shield and back-rest will be going as soon as it gets home to my garage, I think I'll like having the highway pegs for an alternate foot location. Going to start with modifying the stock exhaust, and if that's not enough I'll probably move on to some Supertrap slip-ons - I like things pretty loud. Jetting will come too, depending on how it runs. Other than that, it just needs to be ridden. A lot!

first mod to do should be to get a new seat, the stock nut buster really sucks!!! go with a RMSportmax or UFO starfighter. the Corbin is like sitting on a brick.

Welcome acammer! If you're going to be riding any LD the front pegs will be nice, I may be looking to get some for my bike if I can find what I want.
If you end up looking for a aftermarket seat for more comfort there are two other very fine Vmax seats: Sean's Morley Muscle seat and Rick's Maxgasser seat. Both of these vendors are active members here and you cannot beat them for comfort, style and customer service!
I have a Morley Muscle seat on my '92 and I can easily ride over 500 miles a day on it and did 4 days @500+/day over a 12 day span last spring.

Back