Vrod headlight and Windscreen opinions PLEASE!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latheboy

Reaction score
I have my Vrod headlight mounted and wired! Now I am mocking up a windscreen that I have had for several years and dreamed of putting it on the Max. I know ultimately it is up to me, but what do you think?
Note: The mounts are not finished and i am not exactly sure where the mini blinkers will go......

20111022155123.jpg
20111022155100.jpg

20111022155044.jpg
20111022155022.jpg

I like it!! I really like how the windscreen follows the contour of the bike. But is it gonna stay where it is in the pics? I was thinking of a similar headlight but have other things I wanna do first. Ed✨

+1

The only thing my eyes keep wandering back to is the way the windshield caps the headlight. I think it will flow better (from the front view, Side view is sweet) is to trim the windshield to mate with the top of the headlight. I'm liking the rider's view of the bike. It reminds me of my old snowmachine. It looks like your going to get a decent amount of wind taken off your chest. :punk: But the angle of it looks to be pretty steep which might equate to alot of wind at your head.

The windscreen is close to the final position. It may be raised a little bit. Definitely centered left to right better. I plan on just using two mounting points on each side, down low. Hopefully it says in place when riding. I may have to add support braces from the screen to the handlebars.

Yea... the windscreen doesn't follow the radius of the headlight very well... I will look into cutting it. Thanks!

Yea, on second look it's the same flow as the stock riser that's giving it that flowing design and I agree with KJ, trim the windscreen to fit the headlight better and that would look badass. Ed✨

Looks good Keith...
Did you have any trouble with the wiring?
The only thing i,m not crazy about is the silver brackets you used.
If you powder coated them black to blend in with the windscreen and headlight,i think it would look better (imo)

Just a little trick i learned from Garrett :whistlin:

Looks good Keith...
Did you have any trouble with the wiring?
The only thing i,m not crazy about is the silver brackets you used.
If you powder coated them black to blend in with the windscreen and headlight,i think it would look better (imo)

Just a little trick i learned from Garrett :whistlin:

the monkey is strong with this one.

Yep, the alum brakets are far from done. In the end they will be black and trimmed up smaller. Also will be using socket head cap screws.....
I left the brackets long until I decided how I want to add blinkers.

The wiring was easy. Bill sent me some handy photos. But whe I got to actually doing it yesterday, the nice ebay seller included the plugs from the Hardley wiring harness. So, I just clipped off the yamaha plug, and spliced in the new one.

Here is my finished product. I listened to each one of you that had input, but with the design of the windscreen and how it reinforced, I couldnt do much to match the curve of the headlight. I also added my turn signals. I included a shot of the whole bike. I havent ridden at all this riding season. I was waiting on my motor from Sean for some of the time. While I waited I stockpiled mods. In the last two days, I put in the Morley motor (upgraded trans), solid motor mounts, T boost, radiator fan switch, Headlight/windscreen, all 4 turn signals, MAXXGASSER seat, and a stainless bolt kit on motor. The mod monkey is alive and well!

20111108142311.jpg
20111108142323.jpg

That looks great. Have you had it out at night yet? I'm curious what kind of light that vrod headlight puts out...?
Nice black/ aluminum/ stainless theme too. In addition to the engine bolts, did you replace the bolts holding your brake and clutch masters on your handlebars too (per your earlier pics)?

One last finishing touch (is that ever truly the case?) Perhaps consider some vinyl cut letters for your scoops in a different color to give props to Yamaha for making an awesome machine :)

Back