Well what do you think?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
vmaxlogoclutchcoverpicture-1.jpg

Finally cut one more clutch cover. Now my machine is broken down!

Had to replace $1300 worth of bearings ( 4 ) and now have to replace a ball screw and a bearing retaining block. Probably going to be another $2500 or so.

Sucks.... :bang head:

At the end of machining this, it started to make noise again. So atleast I got one cut before it died on me ( the machine ).

Todd

LOL I wish I could sell them for that much!

Honestly I wish the parts to repair my cnc weren't that costly. Which is honestly pretty cheap. But none the less, I don't have $2500 falling our my pocket....

Todd

Well once you are back up & running, what's the price for those?

They look great Todd!...........I like our customized ones better tho............:punk:..............You do stellar work my friend!.......:worthy:.........Tom.

WOW!!!! u do great work, but man but MAN u hard on the equipment LOL!!!!

It was a defect in the machine itself. They machined an end bearing block too loose and the bearing just slipped inside the shaft. Which in turned created excess backlash , thus destroying the bearings and the balls for the screws.

Thats pretty much what I figured out.

Todd

So, you use your machine to make better parts for your machine then!

vmaxlogoclutchcoverpicture-1.jpg

Finally cut one more clutch cover. Now my machine is broken down!

Had to replace $1300 worth of bearings ( 4 ) and now have to replace a ball screw and a bearing retaining block. Probably going to be another $2500 or so.

Sucks.... :bang head:

At the end of machining this, it started to make noise again. So atleast I got one cut before it died on me ( the machine ).

Todd
By making the cover flat, lasser cutting the inscription and gluing it to the cover you would not need a cnc mill. Yes it looks very good this way but I wonder if its worth it.

That's a sharp piece, looks great. Sure you wouldn't have trouble unloading a few if you tossed a listing on ebay.

the only thing that comes to my mind is congrats thats some fine work... Good detail. Next time you can try to anodize first and then resurface it to grind of the anodize... I prefer anodized rather than Pcoated... Nonetheless good job Todd...

Thank you guys for the kind words.

I have a few I am going to put on Ebay for the holiday to pay for some of the fixturing and tooling costs. Hopefully it will move me on to my next item.

Thanks
Todd

Looks fantastic! I can't wait until my Michigan Hooligans one gets here. :punk:

Sorry to hear about the temporary death of your machine.

Latest posts

Back