What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past week...
1) Bike plastics converted from 97 silver to Tyga CF.
2) Added Sean's muscle seat - CF+flat with silver trim

The bike looks awesome right now and finally running great even with the hot weather. I need to snap some pix...it looks brand new with the mods. I've had some people ask me what type of bike it is.

In the past week...
1) Bike plastics converted from 97 silver to Tyga CF.
2) Added Sean's muscle seat - CF+flat with silver trim

The bike looks awesome right now and finally running great even with the hot weather. I need to snap some pix...it looks brand new with the mods. I've had some people ask me what type of bike it is.

Yeah you definitely need to post up some pics Brother. Not to mention we're neighbors, albeit distant neighbors. We'll have to meet up here soon.

--

mod monkey snuck up on me.
i bought a complete front end off of a 97 (forks,trees)
also got some rotors off a 93. now it's time to add the busa 6 pot calipers.
i've been hanging on too.
aluminum motor mounts are on there way.
all this should fix my 85's handling issues.i hope

The busa calipers won't fit with the newer forks (at least I have not ever made up any adapters to make them work).

Sean

The busa calipers won't fit with the newer forks (at least I have not ever made up any adapters to make them work).

Sean

ok so i just bought some 01 r6 calipers insted.

Sean want a set of Busa calipers? for r & d
i got them real cheap.

Got caught in a big ass storm on the bike today! This afternoon I had to hand deliver a couple of sealed bids for some projects and it was a nice ride to the drop off point. Decided to take the max since my house is only 10 minutes from work. BAD IDEA. Things were looking like it was going to be fine but 3/4 of the way there it started raining HARD and lots of lightning.

Only thing worse than getting caught in a big storm is wearing your half helmet riding down the highway in the storm. I was riding 70 mph with one hand covering my face going up the highway pretty much the whole way back.

Got home, took a shower and cleaned up. Ate dinner, hung out a bit and got called out to work on some "emergency" crap. Now I'm on my way to St. Clairsville, OH and Wheeling,WV to hook up some emergency generators to power up some cell towers that lost power during the storms. This day just keeeps getting better.

Yeah you definitely need to post up some pics Brother. Not to mention we're neighbors, albeit distant neighbors. We'll have to meet up here soon.

--
Sweet. Will do on pix. A few of us are getting together for MotoGP if you're interested.

I broke my finger and my ribs, in a dirt bike accident. The doctor wants me to forget about riding my Vmax for at least a month. Give me two weeks, and I'll be up a riding again.

went to ace cafe last night, streetfighter night, popped some wheelies and destroyed that 190 tyre :)) lost of fun !!!

Rode 180 miles down to the eastern shores on my newly replaced Morley seat. Much more comfy than the old one. Besides traffic, it was a nice long ride......Oh and the beach is nice too!!! Having added the GIVI windscreen a few weeks ago, it surely made for an easier ride being that hte air we going OVER me, not at me!

I rode it! Weee... God this year has been worse than last year was. It was only 40 miles but it was good to get out. First time in 3 months... Ugh...

Went to the local bike night and saw two other guys with vmax's there.

I took my other bike out yesterday for a 150 mile run. I started on 2 year old gas and MAN did it run horrible. lol

I got about 2.5 gallons of the 4 used up and put in 91 to bring the octane up to a reasonable level and it ran like a dream. Before that, it was knocking under heave throttle.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 31
During work yesterday I detailed my rear shocks on my Vgas Vmax. Everything else was nice and polished. Took it for a short drive before going home and crossed a bridge under renovation which was soaked with dirty water.:bang head: Bikes plastered.:damn angry:

So I get home and finally reinstall my front wheel with new tire on my stock Vmax. Went for a ride. Wow what a difference between the two bikes. It's much higher. But the clutch slips much better than my Barnett and the throttle pull is half the effort.

So what do I do?? I take the same way home and the dreaded bridge.:biglaugh: Talk about short term memory loss.

Oh well.. Guess I know what I'm doing today at work.:eusa_dance:

I cried when I realized that paypal had my old address and my stuff was sent and returned back to the sender!

Gannon

Installed aluminum motor mounts today.(1hour and 20 min. new record lol) no center stand makes it a challenge.
also tracked down why my fuel light don't work. now letting the silicone dry
that seals the header. No ride till tomorrow. But since I didn't get home till 230 this morning.
i guess i did ride today.can't wait to see how the mounts feel. hopefully no more wondering.
when riding at a steady rpm.

So yesterday I ride the max up to the RV dealer to check on the status of my camper repairs and in the lot, in some dude with a Harley. He has the bike half ripped apart trying to kick start the pile of junk. It was hot and humid day and he was a rather dirty and sweaty mess not making much progress. I wondered what he thought of the Harley life style as I cracked the throttle and flew by on my vmax.

So yesterday I ride the max up to the RV dealer to check on the status of my camper repairs and in the lot, in some dude with a Harley. He has the bike half ripped apart trying to kick start the pile of junk. It was hot and humid day and he was a rather dirty and sweaty mess not making much progress. I wondered what he thought of the Harley life style as I cracked the throttle and flew by on my vmax.
:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

I think its pretty lame you didn't offer a helping hand to a fellow biker regardles of what he is riding. Definitely not something I would be bragging about :confused2:

Ya` know it`s funny that you would say that.
Most harley riders bash the hell out of us for our "JAP BIKES"
and probably wouldn`t accept help from any of us any way.
Maybe I`m slightly bias in my opinion but most of my encounters with harley riders have not been pleasant ones. although it`s usually their atire that tells one what type of person they are, as far as I`m concerned, they can have their oil leaking,slow, noisy, rattl box over priced pieces of 1940`s tech. junk and spend all day kicking on them because THEY are the ones that need to realize that, our bikes are "real motorcycles too!!!" and that WE all ride for the same reason and that they aren`t any better than you or me just because WE don`t spend hours trying to kick start our bikes besides being better looking and smelling......
just my honest opinion.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Latest posts

Back