What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some spy pictures from the installs today!

Attachments

• 2011-02-26 17.25.00.jpg
    2011-02-26 17.25.00.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 2011-02-26 17.25.19.jpg
    2011-02-26 17.25.19.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 2011-02-26 17.25.44.jpg
    2011-02-26 17.25.44.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 52
Looks sinister...................I like it!

thnx
I am not sure about the backrest/luggage box looks kind of big to me & needs to be black.:rofl_200:
yea dude the powdercoater (who i've just given up on and started signing paychecks over to) said his oven doesn't have a 'cardboard box' setting! hahah
Kinda lethal looking!! :th_smilie:

What color is that anyhow.....almost looks black!! :hihi:

almost black!

looking at the bike now i think the inside of the rotors need to be black!

It's a good thing we all don't like the same thing. Would be pretty boring...

Finished installing Mark's 4-2 stainless exhaust and Sean Morley flat braced swingarm. Plenty of clearance with the flat brace and Mark's pipe. The pipes sound great. The motor ran great as-is. I actually had to turn the idle down a bit, it gained a couple hundred RPM, after installing the Mark's pipes.

Finished installing Mark's 4-2 stainless exhaust and Sean Morley flat braced swingarm. Plenty of clearance with the flat brace and Mark's pipe. The pipes sound great. The motor ran great as-is. I actually had to turn the idle down a bit, it gained a couple hundred RPM, after installing the Mark's pipes.

The flat bracing requires a ton of cut and weld work for us but I think it's a very good looking setup when we get done. How much extra room did you end up with? Please send me some pics and i'll post them up to my facebook too!

Sean

To much black as it goes with my taste but, very nicley done as it goes with the rest!

thanx prez!

so i stayed true to my word and went and got my front wheel and taped off the inside of the rotors for some black paint. i actually tapped and died the rotor bolts and threaded holes with how easy they get gummed up with the loctite.

thinking of maybe doing some SS regular hex-head mounting bolts with some washer spacers. i dunno though...

The flat bracing requires a ton of cut and weld work for us but I think it's a very good looking setup when we get done. How much extra room did you end up with? Please send me some pics and i'll post them up to my facebook too!

Sean

Will do Sean. I have a good inch of clearance. I did something wrong in reinstalling the differential. I'm getting a rattling noise when I pulled in the clutch and shifted into first gear. I immediately shifted back to neutral. It also rattles when the bike is rolled. It seems like the drive shaft is not in the u-joint. I have to pull the rear wheel off to fix it. I'll get some good photos then, and send them along.

hey is anyone near their v-max? can you get me a measurement of how much room there is between the front forks and the rotor bolts?

I just keep taking more and more parts off. The weather is slowly starting to turn around. I think I need to stop removing stuff and put it back together soon!

2011-03-01_00-21-20_807.jpg

Well I sold Naughty G & RichWrenches vmax to the same person Yesterday. Today I will be doing a lot of bead blasting & prepping stuff for powder coat on an 89 a customer brought me. Once again the paint job on my 85 is getting put to the side in favor of a customers bike. Oh well mine dont make me money.

Back