What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a 1994 Kawasaki KX 80 motorcross bike for my son. Has a few issues, blown base gasket, bad bearings (all of them), leaky forks seals, etc... But for $400.00, it's basically a diamond in the rough.

My son wants to get into motorcross racing and there's a great motorcross park nearby to learn at. So I figured we would get a project bike to do frame up rebuild. This way, he also learns how to wrench on bikes!

At this point, bike is stripped down completely and parts cleaning begins.

Oh yeah, as for what I did to my vmax, I moved it out of the way!

Mike

Attachments

• 8655-KAWASAKI  DIRT BIKE.jpg
    8655-KAWASAKI DIRT BIKE.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 17
I took off the scoops, air box and seat to give it a good bath and replace some hoses that looked old and put it back together again , I still have to charge my battery back up again oh well, maybe tomorrow I`ll get a battery tender for it.(no more poo jokes, I was dared to post it.)
<<Dave>>:punk:

Ordered an LED tail light and put on LED rear indicators

Can I toggle my rear running light and brake light?

Lemme try that again...:bang head:

Last pic is an idea of the paint scheme i'm going for. Rough, but should give ya'll an idea.
Forgive the mess. Not done with everything...

Attachments

• 100_1932.jpg
    100_1932.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1935.jpg
    100_1935.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1936.jpg
    100_1936.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 38
  • vmaxlinedrawingred.JPG
    vmaxlinedrawingred.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 38
Center stand mod for Dale Walker pipes. I use this for working on Bike only.
picture.php

picture.php

installed t-boost, static test worked good, so first thing in the morning going for road test and grin factor test...... who am i kidding there is always a grin :punk:

thanks 2stangs..

just dropped my baby off. sean's kit/tuned/dyno'd/etc. can't wait. feel like a kid on christmas.

Mike, I was talking about the little 1 1/2" square pad you push down on with your right foot when putting the bike up on the C/S.

Bike went down hard on the left side and bent up a lot of stuff, the C/S foot lever was pushed inboard enough to just barely touch the very outside of the can on the way up & down. I tried bending it back out but that didn't do much so out came the Makita 4" grinder.

Plenty of clearance now! :eusa_dance:

danny

OOPS. Worst part about this whole thing is I know better. Hell, I think I discussed this with ya in a PM before you bought the pipes. Musta been a brain fart day....I've been doing bad in this dept lately.

Got out of the office and went out in the field to do a job on Friday with one of the guys. Had to replace a propane line feeding a 60kw generator. I was there about a month before to take a look and bid the job. First mistake was that I forgot to take my bid notes to the job. My notes had the combination to get into the gate. (had to call office and have someone get it for us) Second mistake was that I did not take my keys so we couldn't unlock the generator door to run it thru a test cycle! Normally, it shouldn't matter cause all the trucks are SUPPOSED to have the key in it but this trucks genset key was broken! It was a far ride too. Ended up taking the generator apart to get access to the control panel. It wasn't too bad. The cordless impact with a socket had the whole top panel off the genset in about 2 minutes. Lifted it right off and "Hit de switch" At least the day ended well, it fired right up and ran without issues.

I grazed the city for a while, trolling for a meal. Found one at a light...snuck up and put that bike out of its misery. Maxine rode home with a full stomach.:th_biggun:

Attachments

• Moore park Aug 2 2008 (30).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (30).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 38
^ that's a very clean max.

I installed my oil pressure gauge from ebay (it's a cycle one off)

It was way too easy to install.

^ that's a very clean max.

I installed my oil pressure gauge from ebay (it's a cycle one off)

It was way too easy to install.

a lot of us have used subaru crush washer instead of the supplied cardboard one. if it starts leaking shoot me a PM and i'll send you a crush washer. i have a few extras.

a lot of us have used subaru crush washer instead of the supplied cardboard one. if it starts leaking shoot me a PM and i'll send you a crush washer. i have a few extras.

I have a Subaru! Send me a few... lol

Chris
:biglaugh:

Installed new engine guards (thanks Garrett!)

Attachments

• IMG_6242.jpg
    IMG_6242.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6243.jpg
    IMG_6243.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 26
Took the bike for a ride down the freeway and up into the mountains
(about 60 miles) and the bike runs great but I`m still grtting only 27 mpg.:bang head::confused2::ummm:
can`t figure it out, I know that I should be getting at least 6 more mpg.
<Dave>>:punk:

just got a call! the bike is done, but only got about 116. going to go talk to the guy & call up Sean sooner or later.

Back