What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adjusted my steering head bearing this week with the wrench I ordered from Gary(dingy).Worked great! Put some bar end mirrors on and the visibility is much better than my short stems. Also put these V Max badges on my side scoops this evening. A big shout out to Gary for the steering head wrench and Sean Morley for the great video on how to adjust the bearing. This site and the people here are awesome!:clapping:Mike
IMG_0409.jpg

Removed Virage grab bar and put the sissy bar on. Now I can carry stuff!

Attachments

• IMG00163-20110407-1634.jpg
    IMG00163-20110407-1634.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG00165-20110408-1736.jpg
    IMG00165-20110408-1736.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 21
rebuilt my fjr master and tried a banjo bleeder. still have a 1/2" of free play. gonna swap out for my stock master to see if i can isolate the issue to the master or the 'rest' of the system.

Garrett, try lightly clamping the hose just below the master. If it gets better it probably isn't the master.

Garrett, try lightly clamping the hose just below the master. If it gets better it probably isn't the master.

i didn't think you could do that with braided lines?

plus i have 2 coming off the master.

i also had an idea of getting a small 10x1.25 bolt and sealing it up in there and seeing what the pressure is like and compare the fjr to stock masters.

i didn't think you could do that with braided lines?

plus i have 2 coming off the master.

i also had an idea of getting a small 10x1.25 bolt and sealing it up in there and seeing what the pressure is like and compare the fjr to stock masters.
I would not do it with the braided lines I would just get a bolt like you said & try it that way.

Morgan carb tune came in Thurs, finally got to give it a shot. I sure hope that is close enough, I was suprised about the noticeable difference in sound, sounded smoother.

Attachments

• starting out.jpg
    starting out.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 13
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 14
Went for a 100 mile ride!!! Man my hips are a little sore...sucks getting older. LOL

:biglaugh: I've found that riding faster helps with the pain... I too hate getting old... Hey, atleast we can still ride....

:biglaugh: I've found that riding faster helps with the pain... I too hate getting old... Hey, atleast we can still ride....

Faster does seem to make it hurt a little less, either that or smiling makes pain go away.

Amen to being able to ride!!

Well,there is good news, and bad news.

First, the good news. My paint stripper in a spray can works great. One good coat and some minimal hand work and the wheel lips are ready to polish.

The bad news. I assembled my triples with new bearings. Opened my box of bits from the anodizer and noticed that I never installed the spacer on my steering stem that goes under the new bearing. That means the bearing has to come off. Damn it :bang head:. Thinking I will get the stem pressed out and the bearing will come off at the same time. Hopefully without damage.

More bad news. My niece had to go to children's hospital so my wrenching was cut short since my wife and I went down for support.

More good news. They kept her a few hrs, ran some tests, gave some medicine and let her go home :clapping:

More good news. They kept her a few hrs, ran some tests, gave some medicine and let her go home :clapping:

I'm very glad for this last bit of news. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than a sick kid! I hope everything stays good.

And for all of your other news, I'm sure that the bearing can be pressed out without being damaged. And what brand of stripper did you use?

First attempt was a brush on gel made by jasco. "Premium paint and epoxy remover" it sucked. Second attempt was with mar-Hyde tal strip II. Its in a spray can. I was skeptical. Worked good though.

Installed the GSXR Denso COPs using Gannon's harness kit. Sweet. Cleans things up. Can't see 'em in the pic of course, take my word for it... LOL :biglaugh:

Those resistors in the harnesses get good and hot don't they?

Also installed my new Ohlins shocks. Mmmmm. The bling factor alone made them worth it! :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• vmaxohlins.jpg
    vmaxohlins.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 205695_153082214754514_100001582104083_336204_5209200_n (2).jpg
    205695_153082214754514_100001582104083_336204_5209200_n (2).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back