What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true, more'n a hundred of them fire breathing, tire shredding, blacktop wrinkling V max's....right here in Center City Chatham.

There is a great deal of apprehension at 1 Police Plaza over this situation and the town fathers are meeting to discuss contacting the NYS Div. of Military & Naval for ground troops to assist One Adam Chatham with crowd control.

Local news reported that a representative from the town supervisors office left early this morning for Brownie Run Central, (the name of the hideout where these dangerous felons congregate), in an attempt to persuade their leader, a guy who calls himself Dannymax, (a giant of a man....easily 8 feet tall, and weighing in at 8 or 9 stones!!) to call off this meet.

The representative has not been heard from since and there are concerns for his safety.

:yelrotflmao: im just glad to be a part of that mayhem :yelrotflmao:

Bought a "Harlan" shift light. Waiting for it to come so I can install it! Also gonna adjust my head bearings with the custom adjusting wrench I bought from Dingy. Got some 147.5 jets from CaptainKyle, but I am a little hesitant to put them in until I have some true A/F readings from a dyno....now if I could only find one around here! Looks like UFO might be my only option, unless I can get the local Harley shop to run it.

i have good news and bad news.

good news - rev limiters works

bad news - harlan shift light doesn't work above 4k rpms. ( i tested at 2k and 3k before setting it to 9k)
You're running COPs and Dyna, do you think either of those may have attributed to the issue? I run COPs but no issue with my Harlan. I haven't installed my Dyna yet and not sure if I really want to now.:ummm:

Fixed the clutch master cylinder I "jacked up" hey no more sloppy lever (more on that later). Ordered all new braided lines....bye, bye OEM.

Has anyone bought Holeshot Shocks from Dale Walker? like the look and would compliment my holeshot exhaust...but are they work 80 bucks more then Progressives?

Oh ya and made a new Army post sticker plate that mounts under my engine guards.

Happy wrench turning to all,
Darren:punk:

Agreed! Save up and buy some GOOD shocks. 418's or higher...

You're running COPs and Dyna, do you think either of those may have attributed to the issue? I run COPs but no issue with my Harlan. I haven't installed my Dyna yet and not sure if I really want to now.:ummm:

no COPS brian, stock coils right now

NOOOOOO! Don't say that!! After all the research I did, I thought Harlan was the best bang for the buck....

me too, i emailed him no response yet!

no COPS brian, stock coils right now

me too, i emailed him no response yet!

sent mine back and also no response after 2 months......... funny he will answer mail to sell shift lights but no customer support......F i dont even have my"broken" light to try and fix it.....:damn angry:

sent mine back and also no response after 2 months......... funny he will answer mail to sell shift lights but no customer support......F i dont even have my"broken" light to try and fix it.....:damn angry:

i hear ya. i'm not sure what i'll do if he doesn't answer.. the raptors run like $150 i think

did he ever respond at all?

I just sent him a email asking him for help. I don't know if this will do any good but I can say I at least tried. I will wait to hear from him as I expect a vendor that has a product on the market to support it.
I have always talked up his product but that is no good if there is no service behind it when there are problems. This may not be one of his product's main target audience but I think he has sold a dozen lights to members here and that should stand for something!

I just sent him a email asking him for help. I don't know if this will do any good but I can say I at least tried. I will wait to hear from him as I expect a vendor that has a product on the market to support it.
I have always talked up his product but that is no good if there is no service behind it when there are problems. This may not be one of his product's main target audience but I think he has sold a dozen lights to members here and that should stand for something!

whats wrong with yours?

i hear ya. i'm not sure what i'll do if he doesn't answer.. the raptors run like $150 i think

did he ever respond at all?

after 3 weeks he answered and was asking what was wrong with it, then a little longer said to send it in, i did and nothing since, i know it got there.........dont feel like spending 150 just yet, think i will put the bike back together for now......real disappointed, really like the light.

its too bad sean isn't a dealer for him or something.

whats wrong with yours?
Nothing is wrong with mine, I just wanted to help if I could. Plus I have always talked up the Harlan, the guy is from Michigan, a GM guy, and it just peeves me off thinking that he's lacking in the customer service side of things for you guys. I didn't know if he knew all of us Vmax guys knew each other and how many were using his product. I hope he will pay us a little attention and get you guys fixed up.

Got home from work today to find my Harlan shift light waiting for me! Hope to get it installed sometime this weekend, I hope it turns out to be a quality product like I thought it was when I ordered it................Tom.

Dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and added a Gorilla alarm. Had the rectifier replaced as per the recall. Looking forward to some riding this weekend!

Blaine

Removed my stock exhaust, found a leak to fix at my t-stat too. Could use some paint in the tstat area too. Can't believe how much less Marks exaust weighs. Can't wait to get it on.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back