What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that aren't aware. I do actually make lazer cut stainless inserts to replace the crappy aluminum ones. I even have a few chromed and ready to go.

Sean

For those that aren't aware. I do actually make lazer cut stainless inserts to replace the crappy aluminum ones. I even have a few chromed and ready to go.

Sean

Sean, inserts for what? Scoops? I am looking for those for the scoops. Let me know!

Mike

Inserts for the radiator covers. Haven't got around to making the scoop inserts yet.

Sean

They just double back tape in place like the original inserts (don't remember right now the price but want to say $20 for raw finish).

Sean

I have been doing a little polishing on the SS exhaust, scoops, footpegs and shift lever. My fingers are sore and raw but at least it's out of the way. The list is getting smaller with few items like finding SS allen head replacements, ordering front tire, vboost/ carb rubber joints and couple items to clean up the look.
Oh, yeah, one other little thing....install the Morley repaired motor!:punk:
The weather here has been unseasonably warm but I still think (shudder at the thought) more snow before mothernature gives up this winter weather and brings on the rain and spring.

I have been doing a little polishing on the SS exhaust, scoops, footpegs and shift lever. My fingers are sore and raw but at least it's out of the way. The list is getting smaller with few items like finding SS allen head replacements, ordering front tire, vboost/ carb rubber joints and couple items to clean up the look.
Oh, yeah, one other little thing....install the Morley repaired motor!:punk:
The weather here has been unseasonably warm but I still think (shudder at the thought) more snow before mothernature gives up this winter weather and brings on the rain and spring.

That polishing must be murder!! It looks great but I'm too lazy....rather shoot it instead! :biglaugh:

Check these guys out Brian....Tasty Nuts!....hey, I didn't name it!! :rofl_200:
They got everything! http://www.tastynuts.com/

That polishing must be murder!! It looks great but I'm too lazy....rather shoot it instead! :biglaugh:

Check these guys out Brian....Tasty Nuts!....hey, I didn't name it!! :rofl_200:
They got everything! http://www.tastynuts.com/
I have looked (and :drool:) at that site as they have some nice premade sets for the Vmax and also delicious looking titanium stuff. You can also find push on caps for dressing up the allen heads here too.
I need to find a powdercat color that closely duplicates the polished look of aluminum so I can stop the raw and sore hands spring ritual! :thumbs up:

Cleaned up my digs, then brought the reaper out around the block a few times. Then took some new pictures.

Attachments

• P1030128.jpg
    P1030128.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030129.jpg
    P1030129.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 31
  • P1030130.jpg
    P1030130.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
Looks great KJ
Mod Monkey has a Long Reach indeed
I love the new Head light Setup.
New Rear Tail..Red Scoop Covers.
Shit whole damn bike bro..Nice taste.:worthy:

rode her yesterday. left rear header came loose though, weird. now it won't seal 100%. looks like a new exhaust gasket is in the mix

wonder if the solid mounts caused it. basically the two nuts that hold the flange on came loose so it wondered out of the Y fitting. about 3 miles down the road, it got REAL loud, REAL quick.

I concur with Chris and Danny, one mean looking Vmax! Very tastefully done and you won't find another one pull up next to you at a stoplight, that's for sure!

Installed new Progressive 412's in the Rear. Big improvement over Stock. Washed and Waxed and put just under 100 miles on the Clock.

rode her yesterday. left rear header came loose though, weird. now it won't seal 100%. looks like a new exhaust gasket is in the mix

wonder if the solid mounts caused it. basically the two nuts that hold the flange on came loose so it wondered out of the Y fitting. about 3 miles down the road, it got REAL loud, REAL quick.
Maybe it was the loose nut that installed it! :rofl_200:

Back