What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went from the east coast of Fl up into the pan handle. All back roads, and no highways. I was a bit west of Panama City Beach before I turned back around.

I woke up to a sunny, most beautiful day. Take the dodge to school, forget it. I decided on reaper day.

I put on my tourmaster coat, my gloves and helmet, fired her up and off I went.

About 5 min into the trip to the university It was a little chilly. It turned out my thermometer on my back porch lied to me. It wasn't 15deg. I pass one bank sign. 4deg f./-16c. I hit the second sign, the same reading. I make it up to campus, 1deg f.

My hands were cold cause I was wearing my summer gloves. but the jacket was tits!, I just had the shell over the summer mesh and that was it. I was toasty and more than comfortable. I'm thinking if I put in the winter liner I could snowmachine with it.

All and all, reguardless of the single digit temps It was an awesome ride. only problem is the LCD display on the speedo really didn't like the temps.

I was concerned about starting my bike after leaving it out in the cold for over 3 hours but, it fired up just fine.

It's now 16deg f. I'm thinking about putting on some different gloves and going back out. :biglaugh:

I wouldn't say hardcore biker material. There are several up here that ride in the low temps. We aren't nore will ever be a fair weather rider.
If I feel the need for a ride I go, rain or shine. I've been out in the snow before, that was a little hairy when we got caught in that crap wile
on a ride. Basically, I got the max to ride, not to just sit around and be a conversation piece :biglaugh: It's just a matter of what your used to and you'd
be amaized what a person can get used to.

here's the weather now and a shot of the Arctic Cam.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=99701&wuSelect=WEATHER

If your into skiing and snowmachining, combine the two at over 90mph. Thats just how we roll up here. :punk:
http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_...its-25th-anniversary?instance=home_lead_story

Attachments

• imageCAJBNG64.jpg
    imageCAJBNG64.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
put the vmax on the back burnner ,to work on the vmax "project"its getting there!

Went for a couple of rides this morning and afternoon. Took some helmet cam footage of around town. Burned up the tank I topped off last year and a good portion of the refill.

Reaper is getting loads of attention. "I've never seen anything like it" seems to be the popular verbage. Even had a guy argue with me saying that it wasn't a Vmax. A lot of stares and pointing.

I didn't like looking through a bunch of little holes so I removed the screen from my face shield. It gave me a wierd feeling. hard to explain but I didn't like it. So then I took off the helmet cover, so its back to the same looking unit I ran last year. not that there's anything wrong with that.

put my vmax up on my bike lift and gave her some tender lovin cleaning and attention feelin bad that second gear is trashed but letting her know she is getting ready to have a big operation and will be tearing up the streets before ya know it ;-)

Bike was running like shit..You know...running on 3 cylinders unless the choke was on..

Step 1 put down the beer
Step 2 Perform Pea Shooter
Step 3, Pick up beer..Drank it, Scratched head, Open another Beer.
Step 3 Performed Shotgun Method..
Step 4 Perform Victory Dance for the Vmax Gods.
Step 5 Changed Fuel filter

Not sure why I caught a blockage, Not enough sea foam I guess.

I scored 3 cans of BG44K on FleaBay for 36.00 Bucks.
Will add this to the Maintenance Routine I guess.

Runs like it should now.

got to ride a little bit today,first time since I changed out the pick up unit,its a new bike ,prolly the best the ignition system has worked since BEFORE i bought the bike.the previous owner and I blamed alot of the poor running on the efi system,but im thinkin some it could have been a weak pick up.that finnaly died when I disturbed it to do the starter clutch.bikes runnig well, my dyno guys gonning to be at a local open house next saterday,Im thinkin Im gonna have him make a couple pulls just to see......

I'm changing over to COP's so I removed the stock coils in anticipation on reinstalling my engine soon. I also changed over to motion pro throttle cables and speedometer cables.
Our local Advance Auto has seafoam on sale for $7! Time to pick up 4-5 cans for the summer season.

got to ride a little bit today,first time since I changed out the pick up unit,its a new bike ,prolly the best the ignition system has worked since BEFORE i bought the bike.the previous owner and I blamed alot of the poor running on the efi system,but im thinkin some it could have been a weak pick up.that finnaly died when I disturbed it to do the starter clutch.bikes runnig well, my dyno guys gonning to be at a local open house next saterday,Im thinkin Im gonna have him make a couple pulls just to see......

whats the deal on the open house rick?

flamingo motorsports in palmer,open house -swapmeet and robs dyno service will be there,Im gonna have him rerun my max,I always thought there should be more hp,maybe I finnly figured out why it wasnt there.might be a good time for you to use you gift card thing.

Well yesterday I went over to the parents house to grab my truck out of storage, so I also grabbed my faux tank so I could get it wet sanded and polished for the end of May ride out.

I had it painted at the beginning of last summer, but wanted to let it completely set up so that it was as hard as it could be before working on it.

Gotta say that 2.5 hours, 4" buffing pads on my drill and on my Porter Cable D/A polisher made it come out BEA-utiful! Flawless now! No holograms, no micro scratches... 2 coats of Adams Americana and BAM!

Need to take photo's! Although photos don't do it justice IMO.

Chris

flamingo motorsports in palmer,open house -swapmeet and robs dyno service will be there,Im gonna have him rerun my max,I always thought there should be more hp,maybe I finnly figured out why it wasnt there.might be a good time for you to use you gift card thing.

cool. saturday 10-3 the website says. maybe i'll go.

Back