What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My spiderweb grill along with the fighter scoops and inserts came in. So I painted them up and they are now drying.

Great work on the scoops!, very little prep work. they sit a little bit wider. about an inch and a half.

Thery're painted up gloss black. The inserts and the grill were chromed. I have this anadizing paint that looks kick ass over chrome. I put several coats of the red over it. So it matches the red accents on the rest of the bike.

I'll post pics when I get it all back together tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing the anodizing paint KJ....sounds nice! :punk:

KJ, i could have made you a spider web grill!might be a little big ,but you get your moneys worth, kidding ,I made this for my cousin,cant wait to see your bike,and ditto what patmax said, watch those cagers, theres already been a fatalitythis season just a few miles from my place,BE CAREFUL,and post pics soon!

Great work Rick! :thumbs up:

KJ, i could have made you a spider web grill!might be a little big ,but you get your moneys worth, kidding ,I made this for my cousin,cant wait to see your bike,and ditto what patmax said, watch those cagers, theres already been a fatalitythis season just a few miles from my place,BE CAREFUL,and post pics soon!

That looks fantastic. I'm going to stay up a little late tonight cause my only class tomorrow is a night class so I can sleep in, so there might be some pictures posted tonight :biglaugh:

That looks fantastic. I'm going to stay up a little late tonight cause my only class tomorrow is a night class so I can sleep in, so there might be some pictures posted tonight :biglaugh:

:th_favorites24:

Looking forward to seeing the anodizing paint KJ....sounds nice! :punk:

The paint I used on the chrome is Krylons X Metals. I've used it before on chrome and it adheares real sweet. If you put it over a shiney silver it looks good. but when you spray it over chrome it comes out fantastic. mirror gloss. looks just like its polished anadized.
http://www.krylon.com/products/xmetals/

The paint on the scoops is still soft, so I don't want to screw with it and have to do it over. But here is the pics of the chome inserts I hit with the x-metal paint.

It's as smooth as glass. You see in the first picture a 24" stainless ruler, the second it the top of my claymore thats hanging on the wall about 30" away. The last really dosn't look all that smooth, but its the texture on the ceiling thats in the reflection. Tomorrow I'll take some more pics after final assembly.

Attachments

• P1030113.JPG
    P1030113.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 20
  • P1030114.JPG
    P1030114.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P1030116.jpg
    P1030116.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 17
The paint I used on the chrome is Krylons X Metals. I've used it before on chrome and it adheares real sweet. If you put it over a shiney silver it looks good. but when you spray it over chrome it comes out fantastic. mirror gloss. looks just like its polished anadized.
http://www.krylon.com/products/xmetals/

The paint on the scoops is still soft, so I don't want to screw with it and have to do it over. But here is the pics of the chome inserts I hit with the x-metal paint.

It's as smooth as glass. You see in the first picture a 24" stainless ruler, the second it the top of my claymore thats hanging on the wall about 30" away. The last really dosn't look all that smooth, but its the texture on the ceiling thats in the reflection. Tomorrow I'll take some more pics after final assembly.

Looks GREAT KJ!!!!!!:clapping:

I can hardly wait to see it all together:eusa_dance:

I put it together this afternoon. Here it is, nothing too radical but it works for me. I'm loving the fighter scoops. They stick out a little wider, but it fits the bike well.

Attachments

• P1030117.JPG
    P1030117.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030118.jpg
    P1030118.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1030119.JPG
    P1030119.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P1030122.JPG
    P1030122.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 27
  • P1030123.jpg
    P1030123.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 31
Looking pretty sweet KJ. Now you just got to get rid of all that freaking snow!

Thanks Mike. I hear ya on the snow, just need some warm weather and a good wind and it will be gone in no time.

I love the first pic, you have on BA bike KJ! That paint tint idea will included on my repaint list!!:punk:

Thanks brian, I'm tickled that it turned out as planned. using the Xmetal paint as a tint was tits. Tough stuff too, I dropped one of the inserts and it didn't phase it.

I finally rode the thing today. It's the first time since mid November. Started and ran like I put it away yesterday. Three things I recommend to winterize....full float bowls, Seafoam in the tank and Odyssey battery.

I like it ,especially those NOS cylinders,im gonna do that someday! nice work KJ!

SHES FINALLY ALIVE....all back together and test drove this evening! One word sums it up......SCWEETTTTT!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4841.jpg
    IMG_4841.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4839.jpg
    IMG_4839.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4836.jpg
    IMG_4836.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4837.jpg
    IMG_4837.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4840.jpg
    IMG_4840.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 31
Looking good KJ:eusa_dance: But, listen to your Vmax and do it one favor. Please eliminate those radiator reflectors. :ummm: With the time and money you've invested, they really need to disappear.

Looking good KJ:eusa_dance: But, listen to your Vmax and do it one favor. Please eliminate those radiator reflectors. :ummm: With the time and money you've invested, they really need to disappear.

That will be done, I'm looking at a few new side covers to flat out replace all of that stuff.

Latest posts

Back