What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned her up and went for a ride. Found a nice place for the reaper photoshoot with my friend's cobra.

I think its industrial enough for what I want, and yet still clean enough for both rides. Now just have to get ahold of the girls and its all set.

What I'm going for is a nastier version of the old Vmax ad that had the cobra in it. cept I wanted an industrial location instead of a garage.

Here is a couple of test shots I took. Imagine blending a black AC Cobra in the mix.

Attachments

• Inside 1.jpg
    Inside 1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Inside 2.jpg
    Inside 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 29
Looked at mine from the distance under its cover. Almost went to play with it but I had too many other things to deal with on my first day home and the bloody Crown Vic had to take priority. It was filthy after 6 months under cover, but it started first go! Thanks to SeaFoam, now I hope the bike will do that too..

Rode to work than looked at it from above while it got rained on a few times, than rode home.

got my blacked out swingarm covers from garrett, man they look awesome :punk:. Think i will put them on V1 here and if i like it I'll have to get you to make another set for V2. Will post pics later tonight, as i just got the bike fired up, cleared a path to get it out of the garage and now going riding. :punk:

just give me the word. put some pics on the cap thread when you get 'em on!

how 'nightrider' of you!
There is also a blue L.E.D. block that illuminates the whole inside of the scoop and shines a wicked glow through the face of the controls.:eusa_dance:
I too am thinking that it (the bike) needs an wicked and intimidating name for it.
I am also going to add a fuel guage to the other guages that are mounted on the tach also.
it`s going to look like a fighter jet/drag bike when I`m done with it.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>:punk:

just give me the word. put some pics on the cap thread when you get 'em on!

yup i like it, i'll send you a pm got a few questions about the next set. Sorry no pic yet, got too dark and was out having too much fun on the bike, been way too long.

There is also a blue L.E.D. block that illuminates the whole inside of the scoop and shines a wicked glow through the face of the controls.:eusa_dance:
I too am thinking that it (the bike) needs an wicked and intimidating name for it.
I am also going to add a fuel guage to the other guages that are mounted on the tach also.
it`s going to look like a fighter jet/drag bike when I`m done with it.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>:punk:

very cool, looking forward to seeing the final project.

yup i like it, i'll send you a pm got a few questions about the next set. Sorry no pic yet, got too dark and was out having too much fun on the bike, been way too long.

no problem, glad ur having fun bro!

Got my new motorcycle mods tail light to replace the smashed one and got the bike inspected.

Looked at mine from the distance under its cover. Almost went to play with it but I had too many other things to deal with on my first day home and the bloody Crown Vic had to take priority. It was filthy after 6 months under cover, but it started first go! Thanks to SeaFoam, now I hope the bike will do that too..

So what happened with that mirror adapter at the end? :ummm:

So what happened with that mirror adapter at the end? :ummm:

Well, I got the bike out of its cover yesterday, reconnected the battery, switched on and off waiting for the fuel pump to stop clicking about 3 times to fill the fuel bowls, went on full choke and then cranked it.

After almost six months of sitting outside in a capsule cover under a car port through the Floridian winter, the sub-$50 Panasonic battery cranked like it was new. :eusa_dance: The motor started no problem after a couple of seconds of cranking, and after about 10secs rose in revs as expected with choke on.

Warmed it up, checked tire pressures and all electric, and took it out for a near 100-miles ride. Brilliant. I can highly recommend storing your bike with SeaFoam in the fuel tank, and emptying the fuel bowls by running them dry with the fuel pump disconnected. Work like a charm for me. :clapping:

Oh and Przemek, I did get the mirror adapter you made for me, and mounted it yesterday. Fits perfectly, looks great, and now my right mirror is at the same level as the left. Thank you so much! :worthy::worthy:

Thats really cool you did not have to mess with it to get it running. I am fixing to jump on mine & head to Queaker steak they have a killer brunch today 14.95 for prime rib wings,country fried steak Yummy I am out of here.

Well, I got the bike out of its cover yesterday, reconnected the battery, switched on and off waiting for the fuel pump to stop clicking about 3 times to fill the fuel bowls, went on full choke and then cranked it.

After almost six months of sitting outside in a capsule cover under a car port through the Floridian winter, the sub-$50 Panasonic battery cranked like it was new. :eusa_dance: The motor started no problem after a couple of seconds of cranking, and after about 10secs rose in revs as expected with choke on.

Warmed it up, checked tire pressures and all electric, and took it out for a near 100-miles ride. Brilliant. I can highly recommend storing your bike with SeaFoam in the fuel tank, and emptying the fuel bowls by running them dry with the fuel pump disconnected. Work like a charm for me. :clapping:

Oh and Przemek, I did get the mirror adapter you made for me, and mounted it yesterday. Fits perfectly, looks great, and now my right mirror is at the same level as the left. Thank you so much! :worthy::worthy:

No problem G.

Glad to hear evrything went fine for ya!
:punk:

changed the mapp, -5% to 3500 rpm,air temp off, water temp on, lets she how she runs there,:ummm: I'll test her during the week!:punk:

I went for a chilly shakedown run today and stopped by my buddies house to prove I finally had it put back together. He was very impressed with how good the engine looks (even though it is still a little dusty).
While there we adjusted the carbs to correct a lean surge that's occurring between 3-3500 rpms and some popping on decel. Was set at 2.5 turns out (162.5 mains/ ~ 700' above sea level) now at 3.25 turns out. Runs much better lean surge is gone, as is most of the decel popping, just an occasional pop now. I am also getting some low speed back firing through the carbs but not all the time. It seems to be when I have just slowed down and maneuvering at small throttle openings. I will work on this throughout this upcoming week with fresh fuel and another sync.
I also need to readjust the throttle cable(new SS upper cables) that's either stretching (so soon???) or adjuster came loose (forgot to check when I got home).

I went for a chilly shakedown run today and stopped by my buddies house to prove I finally had it put back together. He was very impressed with how good the engine looks (even though it is still a little dusty).
While there we adjusted the carbs to correct a lean surge that's occurring between 3-3500 rpms and some popping on decel. Was set at 2.5 turns out (162.5 mains/ ~ 700' above sea level) now at 3.25 turns out. Runs much better lean surge is gone, as is most of the decel popping, just an occasional pop now. I am also getting some low speed back firing through the carbs but not all the time. It seems to be when I have just slowed down and maneuvering at small throttle openings. I will work on this throughout this upcoming week with fresh fuel and another sync.
I also need to readjust the throttle cable(new SS upper cables) that's either stretching (so soon???) or adjuster came loose (forgot to check when I got home).

what needles u running? maybe try another shim as well, 3-3.5k rpms is starting to get into needle range at almost any throttle position...

Went for a ride up the the university for my group meeting and symposium practice. Then went for a nother ride, weather's been pretty good lately so I thought I'd take advantage.

Returned home for some patened baked beans, mac salad, and some grilled brats.

Oil/filter change, new spark plugs, clean air filter, check brake pads, sync, peashooter/mixture screw adjustment, tested battery/charging system, tested boots/wires. Next, replace burnt out speedo light when they arrive, fork oil, lube steering bearings.

Back