What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rode into work. blipped the throttle as coming to a stop and the bike died. weird. thinking it has to do with a cold morning and running with vboost always open.

Hopefully fixed a oil leak from stator wire/ grommet area last night. I will know for sure when I take a good ride tonight. If all is good then changing oil + filter and installing EB headlight relay. Also installing a cigarette lighter plugin so I can run my GPS. I has a SAE connector so I will be able to use it to plug in battery tender as needed.

Started the bike up and took it up the freeway about 15 miles
but, it ran like crap probably cause it sat too long without being ridden I guess so I guess it`s SEA FOAM time even though it`s only been a couple weeks.
<<Dave>>

Took off two possibly damaged spacers on my front left brake caliper and replaced them with fresh ones Jedi sent me (FOC I might add - thx Steve!)

Then I took off the Fatmax bags and the seat and started (at last) fitting that custom rack Richwrench made me, so I can mount my top box. Got it all in place, drilled the rack, decided to use M8 bolts and went off to Advance to get some and the correct drill bit for a hole to be tapped M8 x 1.25. Got the bolts, but no drill bit - Advance only sells AF - no metric. :bang head:

So off to Sears and guess what - Sears don't sell no metric bits either :damn angry:

So on my way to work I stopped by Ace Hardware and guess what, they don't sell metric drill bits either! :damn angry::bang head: WTF!? :damn angry::damn angry:

Where the hell does one have to go to get a 6.75mm drill bit?!? :ummm::confused2:

So anyway, did a bit of math and worked out that 6.75mm = 0.2657in, and that a 17/64 drill bit is close enough to that so I got one of those and will have a go tomorrow. If anything it'll be a wee bit tight, but I'm tapping in aluminum so it should be ok. Wish me luck..

I almost dropped the damn thing! I hopped on and realized I needed something out of my car, I went to set it back over not realizing I had already put the stand up. I was already past the point of no return, so I slowly set her on the peg and muscled her back to vertical.

Holy crap she's heavy!

I almost dropped the damn thing! I hopped on and realized I needed something out of my car, I went to set it back over not realizing I had already put the stand up. I was already past the point of no return, so I slowly set her on the peg and muscled her back to vertical.

Holy crap she's heavy!

Don't feel bad Caleb... Most of us have done something similar.

Holy crap she's heavy!

YIKES!!!!

Glad it all turned out OK:eusa_dance:

+1 ,
Iv`e had a couple oh shit moments myself.:bang head:
One resulted in a broken mirror and, the other in a custom clutch handle LOL.:rofl_200:
<<Dave>> We gots to be more careful.

Today the Jardines arrived (thanks Kaboom!!!):th_image003: and I finished mounting my rear luggage rack (thanks Richwrench!!!) for my top box. Also found some leftover professional paint polish compound from my car detailing days and boy, what a difference does that stuff make to the shine! I didn't even use the waxing compound yet.. :worthy:

Check out all the fresh pix in my new album: http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=284 :thumbs up:

AND it didn't rain today, so I actually got to ride it! I LOVE my new Jardine slip-ons - that is the perfect sound for me. They're nice n quiet at idle (neighbors friendly) and when cruising, but when you bury your right elbow they get this angry bark that only gets more full-on as the revs climb - brilliant. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Bloody POS Tboost still ain't happening though - 6k is fine but 3k is no go, WTF..

I put the windshield back on too, it looks way more balanced with the top box and is so much more comfy to ride with. Solid motor mounts are going in next!

Got up this morning and its a beautiful day so i decided to ride round the block .
Wairarapa - Rimutuka Hill range - Wellington - Kapiti Coast - Palmerston North - home . In all 380 kms . Heaps of bikes on the road , heaps of those non waving Hardley riders to (wankers) we all out doing the same thing . Came up and blasted past a Boulevard and he wanted to know what the fuck this thing i was riding was . He said it sounded like thunder coming (exaust decapped and debaffled) and in a lightning flash you were gone . Ah so thats the Vmax he said and in that he offered me a swap plus cash . I politely turned him down .

I was tinkering last night, I pulled the grills off my scoops and shot them with some flat black to clean them up, then cycled my v-boost and disconnected it open. :)
Today - Oil and filter change, bleed brake lines, shotgun carbs then synch.
At some point I need to ride.... perhaps I'll change the oil first, then go for a scoot :D

Just changed the oil and filter and the final drive oil. Took her down to gas her up, first time with full time Vboost. WOW! Holy Shit, WOW! Talk about fun!!
Now to pour some seafoam into her, give her a nice polishing, then to tear into the carbs :)

Oh wait.... I need to mow the lawn... :(

i've been running full time vboost for a while now. it runs rich, but fun as hell. getting 32 miles /gallon ish.

oh ya! I think I'll reconnect for highway runs though, no need to burn that extra fuel. lol

I'm about to start taking stuff apart to get the solid mounts installed. First, bathroom break.....

You gonna take pictures? I was thinking of doing that soon and I think it would really help to have a pix walk-thru..

Yeah, I'll take pictures of the actual mount install. I have already removed the rear wheel, final drive, swing arm, covers, air box and exhaust system. Those pieces I won't document since they are outlined nicely in the Clymer. The only things I have left before beginning are the u-joint/plate, carbs, engine guards and radiator covers/mounts.

Latest posts

Back