What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds interesting Gary. I'm ok with the reach and pull of the stockers but I would like the ball bearing pivot for a smooth pull and a different design just to be, well, different.

You're already there Brian!!! :biglaugh::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

But, you'll love the lever mod, put a kit in the slave, new fluid and it's better than new!!! :clapping:

danny

yesterday rode it. was behind a car and noticed my headlight went out. switched to low beam, and it worked, so i picked up a new headlight. sylvannia silverstar ultra. $28 at autozone, had a $20 credit so $8.

i was surprised to see it go so quick (7k miles this year) but i guess those probably aren't meant to have highbeams on all the time. i probably have my lows on less than 1% of the time.

will replace at some point today.

SHOULD do the oils.

I had the same problem with the Silverstar Ultra I bought. Hi beam went out after 3 months. Took it back and got another. 2nd one lasted 4 or 5 months. So I got a 3rd and the 2nd is in the 3rd's package and it's going back to the store to get my Money back. If this one doesn't last at least a year, I'm not going to buy sylvania again.
If they are going to make cheap junk, I'm going to keep returning it.

Well it was actually yesterday.
I got ready to head to our monthly Rally in Plant City. Spent all mourning polishing up my Max. Was ready to go at 2. But as I got my gear on the rain came, so I decided to wait it out, pissin and bitching about mother nature and Florida weather the whole time. It poured for 45 minutes. I sat and watched the radar. Finally 3pm all clear the storms all had moved to the east and it was clear sailing all the way to Plant City.
WRONG!!!
By the time I hit Kissimmee I got caught in a frigin deluge I couldn't even see the car in front of me.
So I park under an over pass to wait it out just north of Hwy 27. As I sit there a guy on a harley pulls up. We sit on the concrete wall jaw jackin for a bit. And out of nowhere a gust of wind comes along and blows my Max over into the wall.
Pushed my bars down, bent my brake lever, Shattered my windscreen, dented and scratched my airbox cover, and snapped my mirror off.
Do I need to say, I was not a happy motorcyclist at this point.
No matter what I do... I just cant frigin win!!!
:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Thanks Dan-o!
I installed the eastern beaver headlight relay kit yesterday, kit installed easily enough, though if I were to do it again I would get the faing kit and mount the relays under the faux tank. There just is barely enough room to fit it all in the headlight housing. I also installed a cigarette socket kit on outside of the airbox next to the radiator overflow bottle cap using the clip in the kit . The kit has a SAE connector that I'll be able to use with a battery tender to keep the new PC680 charged this winter. (see pic below)
It has improved the headlight output so now my silver star headlight is a nice bright white light. Riding next to my brother's FZ1 before my light looked pale compared to his silver star headlights. Now, after the relay mod, new battery, his light looks pale next to my new setup. I am still gonna get the hella 55/100w bulb but maybe a little concerned with melted wires with the higher output bulb and the cramped headlight housing. The headlight pattern is very pronounced with this set up as I can see the "lines or segments" clearly defined now.
Overall very pleased with this low cost upgrade. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Attachments

• Eastern Beaver cigarsocketkit_8961.jpg
    Eastern Beaver cigarsocketkit_8961.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
I got ready to head to our monthly Rally in Plant City. Spent all mourning polishing up my Max. Was ready to go at 2. But as I got my gear on the rain came, so I decided to wait it out, pissin and bitching about mother nature and Florida weather the whole time. It poured for 45 minutes. I sat and watched the radar. Finally 3pm all clear the storms all had moved to the east and it was clear sailing all the way to Plant City.
WRONG!!!
By the time I hit Kissimmee I got caught in a frigin deluge I couldn't even see the car in front of me.
So I park under an over pass to wait it out just north of Hwy 27. As I sit there a guy on a harley pulls up. We sit on the concrete wall jaw jackin for a bit. And out of nowhere a gust of wind comes along and blows my Max over into the wall.
Pushed my bars down, bent my brake lever, Shattered my windscreen, dented and scratched my airbox cover, and snapped my mirror off.
:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Damn Bro, sorry to hear that. Lets us know what we can do to help

WRONG!!!

Holy shit, that musta been one hell of a gust of wind! Sorry man, let us know if we can help.

I had the same problem with the Silverstar Ultra I bought. Hi beam went out after 3 months. Took it back and got another. 2nd one lasted 4 or 5 months. So I got a 3rd and the 2nd is in the 3rd's package and it's going back to the store to get my Money back. If this one doesn't last at least a year, I'm not going to buy sylvania again.
If they are going to make cheap junk, I'm going to keep returning it.

i hear ya. i was happy with 7k miles tho. do u run highbeam all the time?

WRONG!!!

that really really really sucks. i may have a lever and mirror, let me know.

Did the shotgun then synched. Now to test pilot it! :)

beautiful. lets hear how it works out.

WRONG!!!

Oh man, Robert....you can't steal a break. What do you need/want?

Today I mounted & balanced a pair of Shinko's....was gonna go back to Metzlers but....well, that's the way it worked out.

They test rode pretty well, little shake around 95 - 105 but then drove thru it....then I slowed down.

I hate new tires....feel like I'm riding on ice....friggin' mold release!!

Rode about 120 miles today and rode it hard through the RPM range and it ran like a champ. cranked it past a couple biker bars and got the "WTF is that look". That never gets old :biglaugh:

Motor mounts are done! Heretic and I got her all done. I just got back from a test ride and the difference is awesome. I notice increased vibes with full throttle or higher rpms but it's not bad at all. I can "feel" what the engine is doing. It's also rock steady in 70 mph curves while accelerating.

Mark

Rode about 120 miles today and rode it hard through the RPM range and it ran like a champ. cranked it past a couple biker bars and got the "WTF is that look". That never gets old :biglaugh:
iSN`T IT FUNNY ??,
As long as the bike has been around people still wonder what the hell is that or was that:rofl_200:I can tell a vmax is comming just by the sound of the motor that awesome rumble sounds like nothing else even with pipes on it the motor sound is distinct and, I can`t see how people can confuse it with a hardley ableson:rofl_200: I guess that "stupid is as stupid does".
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

Motor mounts are done! Heretic and I got her all done. I just got back from a test ride and the difference is awesome. I notice increased vibes with full throttle or higher rpms but it's not bad at all. I can "feel" what the engine is doing. It's also rock steady in 70 mph curves while accelerating.

Mark

can't wait for the write up.

beautiful. lets hear how it works out.

Hahahaha, as per usual, it was a comedy of errors, I'm like a bull in a china shop.:rofl_200:
I've never done this before so I took my time, also I made sure to bag and tag all parts from each carb. I blew the mixture screw out of carb 2 and bagged it, moved on to carb 1 and with the mixture screw in hand realized I hadn't opened the ziplock bag, plus those mixture screws look pretty brittle so I was holding onto it gently. I ended up dropping it INTO the bike! Found the spring under the rear wheel, after 10 minutes of searching for the screw, I was giving up, lifted my head and there is was stuck on the cylinder 1!
So this took my focus for about 15 minutes, then I had a victory smoke, then I started shooting carb clean..... followed by 150psi of air..... wait for it..... :rofl_200:I blew air through PAJ1 down into carbs 1 and 2 then moved onto carb 3 (still with me?), as I directed the air down into it SOMETHING shot out across my shed and landed on a bag across the room on the floor that held yesterday's oil filter... I thought to myself, holy shit that was dirty, no wonder it ran like doo doo.... ya, no. That was the mixture screw that I had backed out, but never removed :bang head:. So upon closer inspection, sitting on the bag was the mixture screw with the spring attached. Shit, where is the o ring and washer? Oh look, the o ring, SWEET! How the hell am I going to find that little tiny brass washer....???? Man, I felt stupid! Found the washer on the floor 6" in front of the bag :worthy:

This now ends the comedic interlude this evening.....

Won a set of Michelin pilot power 2 ct tires on e-bay for $ 227.00 sizes 120/70 & 180/55 zr 17 . Can't wait to mount 'em on the Kaw zr7 wheels next week. Hope to have everything buttoned down in time for the Gap ride.

We rode up to Estes Park, CO today. Went around the Stanley Hotel and took Devil's Gulch back to Fort Collins, great road to ride BTW.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

• DSC00747.jpg
    DSC00747.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00755.jpg
    DSC00755.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00771.jpg
    DSC00771.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00781.jpg
    DSC00781.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 21
iSN`T IT FUNNY ??,
As long as the bike has been around people still wonder what the hell is that or was that:rofl_200:I can tell a vmax is comming just by the sound of the motor that awesome rumble sounds like nothing else even with pipes on it the motor sound is distinct and, I can`t see how people can confuse it with a hardley ableson:rofl_200: I guess that "stupid is as stupid does".
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:
Hardley Ableson :rofl_200:

Damn Bro, sorry to hear that. Lets us know what we can do to help

Holy shit, that musta been one hell of a gust of wind! Sorry man, let us know if we can help.

i hear ya. i was happy with 7k miles tho. do u run highbeam all the time?

that really really really sucks. i may have a lever and mirror, let me know.

I don't have another good cover this time bro.

Sean

Oh man, Robert....you can't steal a break. What do you need/want?

Thanks Guys, appreciate the offers.
I had a set of red anodized levers and Obreron mirrors on it when it fell over.
I had a set of new levers laying around which I put on yesterday.
And I put on my old mirrors. Forgot how big those damn things are.
I'll order a new windscreen Tuesday, hopefully I'll have it in time for Deals Gap.
As for the airbox cover. Well that'll just have to stay fucked up till I get money for a paint job.
I'm off to change the oil and ground the kick stand stop down a bit, hopefully that'll give her a bit more lean.

Back