What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4393087671_3550b72d6f_b.jpg

You can see the pinch bolt

4393087733_b05be8c092_b.jpg

Very Nice! :clapping:

Installed an carbon fiber front fender, now finished in black chrome.

This brings up an interesting delema. Do I paint fender black or do I get other body panels Black Chromed :ummm:

Mike

Looks great Mike!! Aren't there a few more black chrome parts where that fender came from?? :ummm:

Little 'Midnight Auto' perhaps?? :rofl_200:

I just got her back together this past weekend. Can't wait til spring!

Attachments

• vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 096.jpg
    vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 096.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 47
  • vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 098.jpg
    vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 098.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 46
  • vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 094.jpg
    vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 094.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 51
  • vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 099.jpg
    vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 099.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 53
Looks great Mike!! Aren't there a few more black chrome parts where that fender came from?? :ummm:

Little 'Midnight Auto' perhaps?? :rofl_200:

Good eye Danny,

Last time I was at Sheldon's, he begged me to take it - seriously

He no longer needs it because he went to a USD front end and this was his second attempt of black chrome - he didn't like the bluish tinge that it has and had the other body panels redone.

He practically begged me to take, as it was reminder of how much money that he spent on it.

Mike

Thanks! The fake tank is made by Fat Max. I actually got my tank from Sean Morley. He had purchased it and never installed it!

Good eye Danny,

Last time I was at Sheldon's, he begged me to take it - seriously

He no longer needs it because he went to a USD front end and this was his second attempt of black chrome - he didn't like the bluish tinge that it has and had the other body panels redone.

He practically begged me to take, as it was reminder of how much money that he spent on it.

Mike

I believe that Mike!! :punk:

Anything less than award winning perfect is unacceptable to ol' Shelly!! His dumpster has better parts laying in the bottom of it than the stuff I install!! :rofl_200:

Hey Lowmax,

What headlight are you using, it looks like a beast? Did it directly mount up and wire to the existing hardware/harness? Is it ABS plastic or real chrome?

Thanks , the headlight is a generic steel/chrome unit meant for an HD. It cost around $100.00 . Found it on ebay. I had to make a mounting bracket for it and wire it in.

I'm not sure what kind of rear rotor that one is, It came on the bike and seems to mount directly to the wheel with no adapter.

Looks like an EBC rotor. $156 retail vs $135 with shipping would be my sale price.

Sean

Looks like an EBC rotor. $156 retail vs $135 with shipping would be my sale price.

Sean

does EBC make 2 different types of rotors? here is mine and the only one i've ever seen for sale for a vmax....

Attachments

• SSPX0440.jpg
    SSPX0440.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 32
Actually, I think I should clarify. I think you have the MD2068 Garrett which is what I priced (my fault for not noticing the difference). BUT, The MD2068RS should also fit which has a slightly higher pricing $183 Retails vs $160 Shipped Price.

MD2068RS (a right side front from a 85-92 application which fits the rear).
http://www.cyclebrakes.net/md2068rs.aspx

MD2068 (non floating) - Fits rears all years.
http://www.cyclebrakes.net/md2068.aspx

HOWEVER, they do not look the same but I know the look changed some years past. These could also be a different brand (not Galfer).

Sean

Actually, I think I should clarify. I think you have the MD2068 Garrett which is what I priced (my fault for not noticing the difference). BUT, The MD2068RS should also fit which has a slightly higher pricing $183 Retails vs $160 Shipped Price.

MD2068RS (a right side front from a 85-92 application which fits the rear).
http://www.cyclebrakes.net/md2068rs.aspx

MD2068 (non floating) - Fits rears all years.
http://www.cyclebrakes.net/md2068.aspx

HOWEVER, they do not look the same but I know the look changed some years past. These could also be a different brand (not Galfer).

Sean

thanks Sean. that RS is a nice looking rotor and will be getting it next time. matches the front a lot better. too bad i didn't know about it when i was ordering (not from you, didn't know you carried EBC until i got the pads from you). a lot cheaper than a new OEM one too damnn. altho next time i may also consider a new, newer version front rotor with a jedi adapter. about the same price for OEM vs aftermarket.

Finally got round to polishing the front brake lever to match the clutch .
Came out pretty good . :clapping:

Attachments

• vmax 001.jpg
    vmax 001.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 27
  • vmax 002.jpg
    vmax 002.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 27
Took a break between homework assignments to drop the reaper key off at the locksmith to get ground. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow when I get home.

Latest posts

Back