What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know Rich was selling his bike?! Did he get something else?
No he is just taking a break for a while. I bought his bike from him about 2 weeks ago its at another happy new home now. I still cant believe a guy came up started them & test rode them both & said there cool I will take both of them.

followed thru with my idea.

Attachments

• 2011-03-01 18.30.25.jpg
    2011-03-01 18.30.25.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 43
Rotor looks good G. Now you gotta do something with that fork brace/fender spacer. Sorry, had to say it!

I like Danny's setup with the new fork brace.

If you go with a USD front end I don't think you need fender spacers, LOL.

No usd for me, and I just can't stomach $100 for a frame brace. Its too bad I can't get one made that's solid out of delrin. Maybe ill ask jedi.

What did danny do?

Rotor looks good G. Now you gotta do something with that fork brace/fender spacer. Sorry, had to say it!

I like Danny's setup with the new fork brace.

If you go with a USD front end I don't think you need fender spacers, LOL.

No usd for me, and I just can't stomach $100 for a frame brace. Its too bad I can't get one made that's solid out of delrin. Maybe ill ask jedi.

What did danny do?

I'm just busting your stones a bit trying to plant some evil seeds for the next mod. I'm bored tonight, stuck in a hotel room. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, the bike is looking really good. I know you spend a lot of time on it and it shows. I'm digging the new carrozzeria (my favorite looking vmax wheels) and the detail paint on the rotors.

What did danny do?

Got a ufo brace and sent it to Phil. Just couldn't live with the oem one!

Attachments

• 100_2253.jpg
    100_2253.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 34
I'm just busting your stones a bit trying to plant some evil seeds for the next mod. I'm bored tonight, stuck in a hotel room. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, the bike is looking really good. I know you spend a lot of time on it and it shows. I'm digging the new carrozzeria (my favorite looking vmax wheels) and the detail paint on the rotors.

haha no problem man, its been bugging me too, just would rather spend the $$ elsewhere ya know? i'll talk to steve as maybe he has an idea!

yea the cazz wheels are awesome. i'm really really really regretting i just didn't get a pair years ago, esp the 'blemished' pair morley had. woulda been cheaper in the long run.

I like it. Its gonna look slick. Post em when you got em

gonna swap out the pivot cap covers for some red ones and gotta flush the coolant and change out to a clear water pump cover but aside from that i think i dare say shes just about done. both can wait 'til after a ride this weekend i hope!

no more leaks either so far which is good!

Attachments

• 2011-03-02 17.34.05.jpg
    2011-03-02 17.34.05.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 28
I finished stripping my other 86 parts bike & put chain & sprockets on an R1. I then thought about all Dave's adventures with his 89 & went out & bought me an 89. I guess I Have another project soon but have to work on customers bike's first..

Yesterday;

Put on a new set of Metzler 880s.:eusa_dance:

Put on a new set of Progressive rear shocks. Rear end 1 1/2 inches lower.:clapping:

Lowered front end 1 inch.:punk:

Did a 60 mile test drive in mid 60s degree weather.:rofl_200:

A good day!:thumbs up:

Jester 42

P.S. Attached thumbnail made before mods.

Attachments

• March 3, 2011.jpg
    March 3, 2011.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 21
Cleaned fuel filter, changed rear diff oil, sync-d vboost, carbs, mixture screws and went for a ride!

yea i dont' think it matters to me since i run vboost always open.

Exactly, I ensure they open all the way. If not, I adjust the set screw on cable
Junction box.

Picture 1....9:30 this morning

Picture 2....3:00 this afternoon

I sold Sallymax, got an FJR! :clapping:

Attachments

• 100_2327.jpg
    100_2327.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_2328.jpg
    100_2328.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 38
Back