What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would add...

Pulled those darn rubber dampers out of the rear wheel a couple days back. I recommend it for everyone to learn their bike more intimately...

Brian

I pulled it out then rubbed it down :rofl_200:
Checked all the fluids then fired it up, then put a shot glass full of seafoam in the tank. Not my ride, but put a trickle charger on a friend's Max I've stored over the winter so he can pick it up on sunday.

I have a ton of homework to take care of this weekend, I should have it done by Saturday, then it's house cleaning time. The plan is to take it for a rumble on sunday.

sarchin glad i could help and make sure your forks pass the 'bounce test', that might be what you're feeling.

I put it up on the jack and it was bouncing pretty good so I tightened it up. Brought the tire pressure up to 36 pounds instead of 28 too. Very nice out so I am getting a ride in before the cold and rain comes back.

Picked it up from PCW:clapping:, in the rain:bang head:,got her home took her off the truck and WASHED her:biglaugh:. Now I have to wait for the rain to go away before I can ride it:confused2:. John tells me it made 126 rwhp, so I didnt lose much at all (except the headaches) by getting rid of that EFI shitstem. Time will tell.

Got the bike out on a nice little ride today. At first the bike wanted to wallow back and forth and I thought I may have had the forks too tight, but after a few turns it was riding really nice. No handed she drives straight and she seems much more responsive now, and doesn't want to blow all over the road with the wind anymore. Once I finally got to some dry roads I ran the Max up to redline a few times and pulled the clutch in. Absolutely smooth as butter, no wiggles, no fork dive or anything.

I tell ya, Sean is a genius!

just installed a set of grip warmers :) time to go for a ride. warmest day soo far this year.

It was a Balmy 55 degrees here today. I found a few back roads were flooded and/or washed out and had to back track, but a good day riding anyway. :)

if your driving anywhere where there is a fall or spring time weather you gotta get heated grips for the bike, what a great feeling it is to have them on.......

takes a while sometimes, be patient you'll get it. might have to try reverse bleeding, do a search on the forum and you will find it. uses a syringe to push fluid back to the master.

100 miles today. felt great. 36 mpg. small oil leak on my stator hopefully some rtv will fix it (not even enough to drip or anything) and my banjo bolt bleeder is weeping fluid, but aside from that pretty f'n good. oh and i also remembered how much filling up with a corbin sucks

if your driving anywhere where there is a fall or spring time weather you gotta get heated grips for the bike, what a great feeling it is to have them on.......

Or gloves. I rode to Anchorage to take part of a charity event for the Shriners. The lower sections was fine but the high pass was raining with temps hovering just over freezing. My snowmobile suit kept me warm but my hands froze. Bought some heated gloves for the trip home. Even got a little pigtail that plugs them into the trickle charger plug.

The ride back was vastly less miserable.

Cleaned & painted the wheels on the 85,repainted swingarm & diff,bled the clutch & rear brakes,installed new tires ,new rear brakes, schyned the carbs & done some other mic cleaning on it & took it for a short ride it seems to run really strong. After all I knew it would since 85 is the fastest.:rofl_200:

100 miles today. felt great. 36 mpg. small oil leak on my stator hopefully some rtv will fix it (not even enough to drip or anything) and my banjo bolt bleeder is weeping fluid, but aside from that pretty f'n good. oh and i also remembered how much filling up with a corbin sucks

Yup, same here Garrett...100 miles! Just started sprinkling as I turned back into the driveway! Lots of bikes out.

Rode Mable for the first time since getting her back:biglaugh:.seams to hook better( although I didnt really launch her) pulls pretty good,dont know if vboost is working quite right , but its been years since I had one with vboost, Ill give it some more time. At least I have her back! since its easter, can you find the mods?( like an easter egg hunt)

Attachments

• 72 new mable LS.jpg
    72 new mable LS.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 75 new mable LS.jpg
    75 new mable LS.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 66 new mable LS.jpg
    66 new mable LS.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 69 new mable LS.jpg
    69 new mable LS.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 8

Are you sure our bikes weren't right next to each other on the assembly line? lol...seems like your bike has all the same quirks mine does.

Last time I was home I swapped out the regular "74x" leds in the speedo for the 74-HP3 ones. The regular ones were a bit dim and the middle of the gauge was tough to see at night. Definitely could have been a bit brighter. The HP3s are brighter and provide much more even lighting...it's not bright at the top and bottom anymore, it's bright all over.

I sometimes think about putting heated grips on the bike, but for the couple "early season" rides I go on, I just wear my snowmobile gloves and keep the rides fairly brief. 98% of the time on the bike I would have no use for them.

Back