What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday technically.

Installed an OEM sissy bar. To be honest... I didn't even mean to buy it. I have ebay searches saved for certain things and vmax sissy bar/rack is one of them. It e-mailed me in the morning, and at 6am with my morning cup of coffee I thought it was a swell idea and bought it. No bullshit, I don't recall doing it. Mod monkey snuck into my morning fog and forced me to buy it. My fully conscious self has been considering just putting it right back up on e-bay, but it will work for a sissy bar pack and my time/money is now all about getting me to North Carolina and back in May so... on it went.

Anyway, post install my wife decorated our bikes with Easter stuff and we spent the day on our machines.

His:
QKF7ZVl.jpg

Hers:
V4aoW24.jpg

I do have a recently acquired rack. They are hard to come by. It's chromed but the chrome is kind of crappy. Probably ok on a driver or to even have coated. Looking at $100 for the rack and brackets.

Sean

I do have a recently acquired rack. They are hard to come by. It's chromed but the chrome is kind of crappy. Probably ok on a driver or to even have coated. Looking at $100 for the rack and brackets.

Sean

How much to get it coated black? How is the pad?

Last edited:
This is the RACK and BRACKETS only to ADD to the upright of an existing backrest (does not include the backrest). I would think we can coat all three parts for the $30-$40 range).

Got this short fender with storage compartment from BRM in Germany. Delivery took about 3 week.
I cut the tail light piece out to fit the CBR tail light, & then had it painted.

Got CBR light wired up

Attachments

• IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 25
I got off my ass & finally pulled the oil pan off the tourmaster # 2 rod bearing is spun. I might pull it apart next week & take the Rod over to Falicon & have them resize it & throw another crank & bearings at it. Just need to make a little more cash first .

Just installed Garretts COP'S kit. GREAT!!! Very easy to install, couldnt get the screws for the coils out, so just disconnected the coils, and left them.

Just installed Garretts COP'S kit. GREAT!!! Very easy to install, couldnt get the screws for the coils out, so just disconnected the coils, and left them.

I swear that CoP mod is about the best thing you can do to a vmax for the money.

i'm garrett, the COP guy is gannon!

I'd like to see a good picture of them.

I love the sound but I'm not a fan of the exposed pipe. I'll have to figure out a cover of some sort.

Attachments

• 20130402_175053.jpg
    20130402_175053.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20130402_175045.jpg
    20130402_175045.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20130402_174934.jpg
    20130402_174934.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 34
  • 20130402_175142.jpg
    20130402_175142.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 34
Wrap it in heat tape like the Harley 'racers' do:rofl_200:

Those are some gloppy welds. Guess as-long as they hold, so-what?

Latest posts

Back