What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
License plate was still rubbing the back tire on hard kick up's , so i fabbed up a side mounted plate for the pumpkin . Spent a couple hrs polishing the back,
looks OK but will see how it works out in the next while.

oh man up. it was 100? here with 85% humidity!

Ya....howz about you call me the next time it's 30 below F where you are so I can tell YOU to man up.......

We don't get 90 degree heat very often and I.....and everyone else here ain't used to it.....Folks is dropping like flies from heat exhaustion/prostration/stroke....

It is below zero here WAY more often than it is 85+......

So I'll hide in my car with AC thank you very much.....

Y'all would both die down here. LOL
I used to live in Atlanta, Ga. and Kenner, La. (New Orleans) and I don't miss the heat at all. Living in the middle of the great lakes we still have the humidity, but it's a little more tolerable with lower temps we've been having this year.

Ya....howz about you call me the next time it's 30 below F where you are so I can tell YOU to man up.......

We don't get 90 degree heat very often and I.....and everyone else here ain't used to it.....Folks is dropping like flies from heat exhaustion/prostration/stroke....

It is below zero here WAY more often than it is 85+......

So I'll hide in my car with AC thank you very much.....

true that north country is vicious! remember i've been there. my limit for riding is 29?.

j/k man. it was hot as hell yesterday, i only did about 100 miles.

Y'all would both die down here. LOL

die and melt. def.

Drag racing yesterday:

Temps were in the 90's with humidty very high (it rained the night before and off/on during the day). Standing around in full leathers/gear will put a hurting on you. Drink lots of water for sure.

Sean

true that north country is vicious! remember i've been there. my limit for riding is 29?.

j/k man. it was hot as hell yesterday, i only did about 100 miles.

die and melt. def.

The coldest temp I rode in this year has been 27 degrees.....

The BEST riding weather will be here soon!!!!!:eusa_dance:

i did 22 last year, not willingly, haha. took like 1/2 hour for her to just get to like 1/4" off of the temp needle. 29 is what i can do comfortably around town (barely)

i did 22 last year, not willingly, haha. took like 1/2 hour for her to just get to like 1/4" off of the temp needle. 29 is what i can do comfortably around town (barely)

Any colder than that and I should be on the Phazer.......:biglaugh:

Haven't done anything to the Max since last week. Altho, I did just pull the trigger on some parts for the ol' CR500..... I gotta get this thing going. It's been torn down in the basement way too long. Spent too much money and I already have buyers remorse.

So, hopefully within a week or so I will have a box arriving with all new shift forks, some gaskets and seals, tranny thrust washers, and stuff to replace the fork seals. Hoping its a go for Friday the 28th. I want to ride that weeekend if at all possible

Popped open the carbs and pulled the diaphram sliders so I could take out and bag up the stage one needles for Fargo when he comes over Friday and then just sat and looked at her just sitting there, Damn I want to ride that thing as I`m starting to get depressed :bang head::damn angry::bang head::damn angry:
<<Dave>>:confused2::ummm::confused2::damn angry:

I did use the same watt bulbs all around. Temp is dim as is yours...

I tried to order the brighter led but they wanted a trillion dollars for shipping(!)
So I ordered some off ebay. 20 LEDS for 20 bucks. They work fine.
I am still waiting to see how much brighter the other bulbs are too
________
Ferrari 248 F1 specifications

Last edited:
Popped open the carbs and pulled the diaphram sliders so I could take out and bag up the stage one needles for Fargo when he comes over Friday and then just sat and looked at her just sitting there, Damn I want to ride that thing as I`m starting to get depressed :bang head::damn angry::bang head::damn angry:
<<Dave>>:confused2::ummm::confused2::damn angry:

Soon, very soon Dave. Just waiting on the jets. :biglaugh:

Soon, very soon Dave. Just waiting on the jets. :biglaugh:
I know , anyway I still haven`t gotten ahold of a battery.
It`ll run fine from a jump but, if I shut if off.......:bang head::bang head::bang head: LOL.
I`ll have to jump it to get it going again.
I`m trying to sell my PEAVY amp head to get one.
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

Once again, nothing to the Max but push it out of the way yesterday.

After painting the garage door, I put together some pieces in the basement to create the rolling chassis that once was a running CR500. Took that outside and scrubbed it up a bit in the dark. Put the exhaust pipe in the laundry tub and sanded off most of the rust. Looks kinda cool now, then oiled it. Cleaned up the outside of the gas tank and rad shrouds a bit. Never cleaned the carb on this bike for the whole time I owned it. I handled the max without much trouble so I tackled the 500 last night. Man it was filthy in there. Lots of sticky, dark brown sludge. Like nasty glue. Threw that in a ziploc bag and its ready to go now.

The cases are split sitting on one of the workbenches waiting for parts. Just got an email saying it will be 7-9 working days to get them :bang head:. Effers! While placing the order they said to expect 5 business days. I'm hoping to get this thing running so I can leave for a ride next Friday night. By the sounds of it, I may not even have parts till then. SHIT .

Crawled into bed at 1:30 AM and set the alarm for 4AM. Didn't crawl out of bed till around 4:30. Got in the car by 4:45 and drove near East Berlin, PA. I'll be on the road till 5PM or so this evening and back to some more painting and wrenching hopefully.

Nothing happening here either :( Bike's been in its capsule cover for last few days - it's storm after storm and I just don't feel like riding in those..

Having said that, that capsule cover (completely enclosed) is doing a grand job, and at $30 with free shipping, was a proper bargain!

Back