What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my scoops off then i sanded and sanded and sanded and so on and so on and so on ....... :bang head:
Been there brother, but it'l be worth it in the end! Keep sanding and then buff the hell outa it! Then put a nice coat of wax to keep your handiwork protected then go show it off!:punk:

Going outside to instal a 3 1/2" tachometer that my wifes son gave me yesterday but I have to remove the fly screen (it`s up for grabs) :eusa_dance:
I need the aluminium crown that holds the front turn signals (anybody wanna trade ?) reply or pm me.
(the pics of it are in my gallery pics)
<<Dave>>:punk:

Going outside to instal a 3 1/2" tachometer that my wifes son gave me yesterday but I have to remove the fly screen (it`s up for grabs) :eusa_dance:
I need the aluminium crown that holds the front turn signals (anybody wanna trade ?) reply or pm me.
(the pics of it are in my gallery pics)
<<Dave>>:punk:

whats wrong w/ur crown bud?

Installed a manual fan switch so I can turn the fan on before the bike does if I so choose.

Attachments

• 1242939456897.jpg
    1242939456897.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8
Nice, and job well done, but on the wrong side.

I did that myself, ended up swapping it across so I could reach it without taking my hand off the throttle..

I will have to give it a try before I decide to move it. Considering I will only need it in stop and go traffic, there will always be plenty of time to reach down and turn it on when sitting still.

I bought the "Gear Wrench" wratchet wrenches with swivel heads, I can`t live without em`you have to turn em` over to change directions but, I can use them at almost any angle and at only $40.00 for a set of seven.:eusa_dance:
Good shit Manyrd.
Dave>>:punk:

Yeah, I bought the big 16pc set of these things.. awesome!.. they take such little movement to move the head..

Been there brother, but it'l be worth it in the end! Keep sanding and then buff the hell outa it! Then put a nice coat of wax to keep your handiwork protected then go show it off!:punk:

Got sore fingers to prove it and only done the 320 grit so far . Was going to use the sander , i started but didnt like how it was going so went back to doing it by hand as i should get a better finish that way . :punk:

Finally installed the correct bolts and nuts for the Mark's cans, checked all the fitting for tightness, cleaned and polished exhaust and other metal bits. Fitted up the tail bag for the 5 hour trip to Mt. Holly Demo ride. Weather looks great, mid 80's/ partly cloudy. :thumbs up:
I hope they have brownies there, probably not as good as the fellas are going to have at Danny's! :bang head:

I installed the tach. and it looks good (I`ll post pics tomorrow) but now my bike runs like shit again.:bang head::confused2:
I installed it using the stock wire connections and set the cylinder setting to "2" for multi coil ignition. don`t know what went wrong.:ummm:
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. S.O.S.
<<Dave>>

I installed the tach. and it looks good (I`ll post pics tomorrow) but now my bike runs like shit again.:bang head::confused2:
I installed it using the stock wire connections and set the cylinder setting to "2" for multi coil ignition. don`t know what went wrong.:ummm:
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. S.O.S.
<<Dave>>

Put the OEM tach back in and see if that helps. If it does than you know it is your tach, if it doesnt than something else is wrong.

Got it fired off last night. Having some trouble with the starter now. With actual compression, the 1985 starter is turning over so slowly, it eventually went "pop" and won't turn over no more. (kinda like my ex) Anyway, time for a new 4 brush starter, anybody got a good one for sale or trade?
p.s. where's the kicker?

After taking my scoops off the day before yesterday , you guessed it more sanding , more sanding and more sanding and then all of a sudden buffing and buffing and buffing then polishing and polishing and polishing but then there was nothing left to do ...
Came out better than i expected and after that i am gonna have a drink or 2 , after all it is my birthday . :happybday::th_image003::th_party33: :punk:
Sorry bout the Quality of the pic as its the glare off the light as weather is really dark and glommy outside .

Attachments

• polished 008.jpg
    polished 008.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 22
I'm a new member and look forward to our conversations. I Just bought a 2002 a few weeks ago and have been wrenching on it a little bit every day.
The goal of this bike is a little different from my previous ones so I really appriecate the words of wisdom. Yesterday I finished modifing the stock exhaust. When asked I say I say it's a "Black and Decker exhaust - 1/2 drill
3/4 bit"! Ride safe.

Y.I.T.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 17
I think I may have figured out my problem.
After going through the electrical system, I found many corroded plugs and wires that were shorting against each other so, I changed all of the bad ones and cleaned up the good ones and the bike started right up (carb #3 is still a bit off though.) and I re connected the tachometer.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 101_2845.jpg
    101_2845.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 13
  • 101_2848.jpg
    101_2848.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 101_2847.jpg
    101_2847.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 101_2846.jpg
    101_2846.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 16
WELL,...i finally gave up waiting for the exhaust and decided to install the 3" over swing arm i got from Sean.
Looks great ,..1 problem ,...In all the forums and all the sites I've read on a stretched swing arm.....none said anything about the OEM fender tail light assembly not fitting ,..no tire clearance........hits liecence plate and tail light.

I was all set to join up with a Vmax group in Alberta for a ride on the 30th,....looks like prolly not....by the time i get a new light and bracket fabed up..."which i have no time to do now since they put us on 12 hr shifts at work all next week",..I'll just hope to be on the road come early June....sigh.

SO,...anyone planning to do the rear swing arm,..beware..other mod's to be taken in to consideration. A shorter fender perhapes. And a shorter kick stand.

R1 calipers installed ...look real good ,....gotta get me a set of braided lines from Sean,...rear one looks sooo kewl.:punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back