what makes this vmax rare????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it........I'm headed down to the garage to paint my scoops black!

I think I found the document he was referring to, I had to hack into Yamaha Japan's mainframe to find it. If Corporate attorneys approach any of you, for your own safety disavow any knowledge of my whereabouts.

Attachments

• limited ed 1997 joke.doc
    64 KB · Views: 57
As for the fastest, the year is not what makes them the fastest, it's the color! I have many witnesses that on June 6, mid morning a officer of the law clocked a Red Vmax, while in the middle of many Vmaxs, going the fastest! He even pulled us all over to tell us so!:punk:

At least the guy wasn't asking like 15 grand or some outrageous number for the bike. And everyone knows the 04 with the racing stripes are by far the fastest....

ya funny, 97 with black scoops, black rear grab bar and if those are red line rimes........and i think not for the 97, nice try dude hahahah

gotta be the carb chains for sure lol

I think I found the document he was referring to, I had to hack into Yamaha Japan's mainframe to find it. If Corporate attorneys approach any of you, for your own safety disavow any knowledge of my whereabouts.

Now THAT is funny stuff!! And you even posted a photo to go with it. You sir, have way too much time on your hands!!

I can't believe, with all the expertise and knowledge contained on this forum, that you guys totally missed the one factor that clearly indicates this bike is indeed a very rare specimen....it's the red letter inserts on the scoops!! :punk:

The guy said the bike "was never messed with", so that's got to be factory....right?

I mean, the guy wouldn't exagerate.......would he?? :ummm: :eusa_liar:

im freakin belly rolling here guys. i knew this would get you going but i never thought it would go this far. the bike is actually near me. im debating if i want to go take a look at it and see what kind of trouble i can stir up.

I can't believe, with all the expertise and knowledge contained on this forum, that you guys totally missed the one factor that clearly indicates this bike is indeed a very rare specimen....it's the red letter inserts on the scoops!! :punk:

The guy said the bike "was never messed with", so that's got to be factory....right?

I mean, the guy wouldn't exagerate.......would he?? :ummm: :eusa_liar:

Yep, that bike is rare! From what I hear the ones with the the red lettering have special linked carb chains that connect to the doors that open up in the ram air that bypasses the airbox and even advances the ignition AND cam timing!!! Those buggers can make HUGE horsepower numbers, but they are very few and far between!!!:rofl_200:

im freakin belly rolling here guys. i knew this would get you going but i never thought it would go this far. the bike is actually near me. im debating if i want to go take a look at it and see what kind of trouble i can stir up.

oh man i'd do it if i were you. see these 'official' docs, ask for copies to show your 'dmv' buddy.

thought about riding mine up there since i have the same black scoops and wheels. oughta be fun!

thought about riding mine up there since i have the same black scoops and wheels. oughta be fun!

Oh man you have to do it!!! AND as yours is an 05 show him your special edition badge and ask him where his is just to see what he says. Should be good for a laugh or two..... or ten.......:rofl_200:

If you're close you should definitely go by there. He was supposed to scan and email the documents to me when he got to work today but much to my surprise I've heard nothing from him.
I as him if he heard of this forum and told him he should check it out because we have a whole thread dedicated to his stupidity! He said he was going to sue me for slander for posting his private emails online. "He didn't get rich by being stupid".
I told him I was very jealous. He has a one-off limited edition EUROPEAN model Vmax AND he's rich!! (That little tid bit of information was added later after I told him I called the dealer and their parts department had no record of any year Vmax having any different cams or carbs for a limited edition model. His response was because I was calling an American Dealer and not a European Dealer)

Don't we all know the European tune is less than the USA model? Even in Canada they don't get the 145 hp model. This poor guy may yet find some sucker who will proudly boast of his 'hot carbs & cams' vis-a-vis the plain old everyday VMax owners. Why, this limited edition information is 'cold water' right onto the most sensitive spot of all VMax owners, to realize that we don't have the most-powerful limited edition model! That fact alone may cause 'shrinkage!'
george_costanza019.jpg

Back