What mods to make a vmax comfy for a 6'2" guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st_pinetree

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have been learning lots of good Vmax stuff on here. I've always lusted after the V-max, and before I turn 40 (39 on Friday) I'm going to have one. I looked at one yesterday and it was the first time I've ever actually sat on one. I am tall and have long legs, and it wasn't great, and the seat didn't work for me at all. All of the aftermarket seats I've looked at lower you, which would make the leg space issue worse. I'm thinking forward controls in addition to a new seat might do the trick. I'm probably not likely to do long trips, but would like to be comfortable for a couple hours at a time. Any of you guys over 6' find the magic combo? Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome first off:biglaugh:
I am 6'4" and really like my setup. I have Sean Morley's muscle midcut seat and then I have riding pegs attached to my engine guards to stretch out my legs from time to time.
Enjoy your new ride:punk:

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 133
I believe there's a few sets of Forward-Mid controls that can be had. I have back problems to the max and have installed forward foot rests on the case guards. The problem with real forward controls is that the bike accelerates extremely hard and wind will hit your legs like they are parachutes, throwing your feet off of the pegs that are all the way to the front. I have to put my feet on the mid controls until I get up to speed.

You could have your seat professionally re foamed to your needs. shouldn't cost much to just re-do the front section.

Check out the maxgasser album in the gallery.ill be working on a seat for taller guys soon

I'm 6'5" and the first thing I would do if I were you is get a cut down seat....doesn't make sense in theory, but it works....you will not ever have a ton of leg room, but your buying a hotrod...not a Goldwing.....

-MK

Looks like the highway pegs available are nice looking and might do the trick. Twistedmax, how much for that seat, looks pretty sweet.

Hi and welcome first off:biglaugh:
I am 6'4" and really like my setup. I have Sean Morley's muscle midcut seat and then I have riding pegs attached to my engine guards to stretch out my legs from time to time.
Enjoy your new ride:punk:

nd4topspd do You have the Part Numbers for these pegs by any chance?
Thanks Ming.

nd4topspd do You have the Part Numbers for these pegs by any chance?
Thanks Ming.

I didn't keep any info but I did purchase them from my yamaha store localy. They are just a universal clamp style peg set. Shouldn't be hard at all to find.
Good Luck:biglaugh:

The peg mounts to the engine gaurds are Kuryakyn. Don't remember the part number off hand but I can get them for you.

Sean

CAN ANYONE WHO OWNED A GENERATION #1 V-MAX & NOW OWNS A GENERATION #2 TELL ME IF THE GEN. #2 IS MORE COMFORTABLE FOR TALLER RIDERS ? ... I'M 5'-11 & 1/2" , ( AND YES THAT 1/2 INCH COUNTS ) AND I FEEL LIKE I'M 8 FEET TALL ON MY GEN. #1 .. :confused2:

CAN ANYONE WHO OWNED A GENERATION #1 V-MAX & NOW OWNS A GENERATION #2 TELL ME IF THE GEN. #2 IS MORE COMFORTABLE FOR TALLER RIDERS ? ... I'M 5'-11 & 1/2" , ( AND YES THAT 1/2 INCH COUNTS ) AND I FEEL LIKE I'M 8 FEET TALL ON MY GEN. #1 .. :confused2:

I love it when 5'11&1/2 guys think they are worthy of the 6' club:rofl_200:
Actually I am only still 6'4" when when I take a deep breath,suck my gutt in,and really stretch my kneck out:rofl_200:
sucks to get old:biglaugh:

u know I'm just yankin your chain COP RUNNER:punk:

I love it when 5'11&1/2 guys think they are worthy of the 6' club:rofl_200:
Actually I am only still 6'4" when when I take a deep breath,suck my gutt in,and really stretch my kneck out:rofl_200:
sucks to get old:biglaugh:

u know I'm just yankin your chain COP RUNNER:punk:
" LOL " :rofl_200:.. AND SPEAKING OF CHAIN , I WISH MY MAX WAS CHAIN DRIVE SO I COULD GO UP 4 TEETH ON THE FRONT SPROCKET ! ... I HAVE HAD SOME RICE ROCKETS & I MUST SAY THEY WERE PRETTY COMFORTABLE , BEING STRETCHED OUT INSTEAD OF BEING KIND OF CRAMPED UP ! .. :confused2:... SOME OF THEM ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THEN THEY LOOK ! .. :punk:

Latest posts

Back