What year vmax is the best

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro.betterley

Reaction score
I know the made minor changes over the years, 98 changed the oil tube to help prevent o-ring bulge, 99 change shift segment, MY QUESTION IS what was the year that seemed to have the most bugs worked out? 2000, 2001?

Im thinking of selling my 1992 and getting a newer one?

I had an 85 developed a low end Knock, so i bought a 02 but i wanted carbon fiber so, If i was you just mod it up unless you ride a stock bike. JIM

I found a 2001 with 23,000 miles mostly stock for $4000, was wondering if this was the year that the last of the updates were done.

OR, I could build you a newer engine (and more CC's) and let you keep the 92!
Sean

So if the shift segment and the oil pickup were fixed before 2000, what are the remaining issues with the 2000 year models?

At least 99 couse the shifter segment update which of course can be done at any time.

I think Yama updated v-max with the fork shields in 2003.

Think this was '02 Przemek. I have '02 forks on my '99 and they have seal protectors.

bro.b...get any of the carbon fiber ones '99 - '02...they're the best!! :biglaugh:

Just kidding...as mentioned, get the newest one you can afford, they're all good. Look all prospects over carefully, how a bike is treated and cared for is far more important then the year it is.

Look for shredded rubber under the rear fender, acid spills around the battery, scrapes underneath the pipes, rash on footpeg ends...ask for a maintenance log....stuff like that.

I would say that 1997 was the best year for Vmax's by far and away, but Toxic is now quite confused over its age, make, model etc.......... Toxic is now a Yamasaki as the entire rear end is Kawasaki (swing arm from a ZX12R and rear wheel is a Kawasaki racing 17x6" wheel for a ZX6R) and of course the front end is off of an 03 R1. I think I may have FINALLY modified the LAST stock part with its recent frame mods......:bang head: No longer a Mod Monkey, have Mod KONG!!!!!

I would say that 1997 was the best year for Vmax's by far and away, but Toxic is now quite confused over its age, make, model etc.......... Toxic is now a Yamasaki as the entire rear end is Kawasaki (swing arm from a ZX12R and rear wheel is a Kawasaki racing 17x6" wheel for a ZX6R) and of course the front end is off of an 03 R1. I think I may have FINALLY modified the LAST stock part with its recent frame mods......:bang head: No longer a Mod Monkey, have Mod KONG!!!!!

correct me if i'm wrong but u r running a stock headlight?

damn. i'll think of something.

gas cap?

Consider that a part of the gas tank assembly and as we have all seen, that aint stock anymore LOL. Just realized that I have stock coolant hoses!! Mod Kong is howling, where is that Visa card:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back