What's a good slip on exhaust? ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the board. You'll find a TON of information and even an exhaust sound clip thread in the exhaust section. No slip-on is going to make an appreciable increase in power. Cobras lose power but sound good. Supertrapps are popular as are Kerkers and, more recently, Delkevic. Sound clips are available on youtube for all of these. You could also just drill some holes in the end cap plate of your stock exhaust and reap all the same sound benefits (I actually preferred this sound to my supertrapps sometimes).

Others will chime in with the ones they like, but those are my thoughts.

Good luck.

Is there a write up to the drilling of holes in stock exhaust?

I'm sure there is somewhere. I'd look in "user mods" or the how-to section. Pretty much you drill out the rivets, drill 3/8" holes in the plate below between where the rivets were, then bolt the plate back on.

The OP has a GEN II, and so, the advice and video links to drilling a Gen 1's tail pipes aren't going to be much help here.

Some of the most free flowing exhaust tips I know of, I believe, are the OEM dual tips. They just aren't the loudest out there. I still run the OEM's on mine. My wife's 09 came with a set of Tailgunner's Jet pipes, and are about as loud a slip-on as I've heard, but Tailgunner no longer produces them, that I know of.

But if you're only interested in LOUD, you might check into a set of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ZsCYieFKw

:rofl_200:

Ok thanks every one...another question, is there anything out there that I can put on to eliminate the cat but still keep the stock mufflers??

Money aside I would leave stock alone and purchase full aftermarket pipes put stock on a shelf then talk with Tim Nash (Gurued Gear.com) for a reflash. best money I spent on mine so far.

Disregard for your Gen II. These are Gen I for anyone looking

CaptainKyle has a great looking set of Supertrapps for sale, very reasonable.....
Looked at them while I was there yesterday picking up parts (MaxGasser).

Back