What's the main purpose of your vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
To me, the beauty of a vmax is that it can be set up for different purposes; streetfighter, highway cruiser, straightline rocket, show bike, etc...

So for shits and giggles, I thought I would ask you all what is your vmax is set up for. Just want to see what variation of riding styles that we have.

Mine is primarily set up as a hotrod highway cruiser. Tall windshield. highway pegs, throttle rocker, corbin seat, sissy bar, removable small and large saddlebags and touring gas tank.

What's your vmax used for?

Mike

Mine is set up to whoop my buddy's V65.
It goes fast in a straight line, that's pretty much it.

I do push corners with the rockets though. We have some really nice twisties in Ar.

Obviously if you own a Vmax you like to go fast. Mine is my everyday vehicle. Regular VMax setup (Muscle Cruiser) At least once a week I gotta get on the freeway and push it a little.:cheers:

Mine is set up to look sporty and intimidating! Most people are at odds not knowing what the heck it is. I like it because it gives a satisfying power band kick and looks unique. My canyon days are over and I'm not touring or commuting on it so for now it's a great choice.

Last edited:
Mine is setup for more of a sport riding style, Rear sets pegs, drag bars, radials etc.

What it REALLY needs now is a Sport tail section which will be my next major mod.

It IS a daily rider when it's not raining, I've put 21,000 on it in two years.

I also like to take it to the Hill Country as often as possible. Best twisties in the State of Texas.

It also gets drag raced at the strip 5 or 6 times a year.

Anyone who tells you a properly set up Max won't handle with confidence is wrong. I was dragging the side of my boots over and over again last week end running the three sisters in the Hill Country chasing a buddy on an FZ1.

Rusty

Attachments

• DSC005881.JPG
    DSC005881.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC006101.JPG
    DSC006101.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 28
Mine is setup for comfort, reliability and mileage. Mine isn't a "toy" but I sure have fun with it! I put more miles on it than my car....at least when snow isn't flying.

Mark

Obviously if you own a Vmax you like to go fast. Mine is my everyday vehicle. Regular VMax setup (Muscle Cruiser) At least once a week I gotta get on the freeway and push it a little.:cheers:
/agree, I use mine as a power(muscle) cruiser, commuter, hardley humbler, .... In the future I plan to fix the suspension, upgrade brakes, tighten up the frame, add Mark's exhaust, 18" carrozzeria wheels....in short, accentuate the hot rod that the Vmax is.:rocket bike:

Mine isn't the primary commuter I use it mostly for weekend street fighting and when the weather is good on the weekdays. I use it to eat V-rods and big V twins . I have the Artifas.com body setup (tail section,side covers,radiator shrouds) all black with cobra slip-ons and the dual headlight setup. I have alot of guys on sport bikes always trying to figure out what the heck it is.

Besides the obvious reasons like its a excellent, reliable old school hot rod. My Max is used to go against "motorcyclist pop culture" as a BIG F-U, I'm not gonna be like every other bike I see runnin down the road :)

I bought mine as a cruiser...:whistlin: I have a sport bike so I didn't really need something that went around corners fast... I even told people I wasn't going to change out the tires and such... Yeah right... :biglaugh:

I then proceeded to spend bucket loads of money on it fixing everything that I didn't like. Now it is more competent in the corners albeit lowered which kills that a bit. It looks 10 times better IMO as I am not a lover of flames (especially fake ones) and the wheels add that bit of Motogp I like to see... I am not a Harley/cruiser guy so I didn't want to put chrome on it and make it heavier than it already was. In fact I took off as much of it as possible and it weighs less now than stock...:thumbs up:

That was my take on it...

main purpose for me is..all fun..dont take bike to work get out every night to feel an arm pull and tweek my head....only bike left thats a real hotrod and is still the best looking bike out there and still has carbs....for over twenty years being on a harley..I seen metrics start to look less and less like motorcycle...what the hell good is a bike that you take for a ride sit down have a smoke and coffee..and cant even see the motor...seeing the motor has a lot to do with riding...its all a mind game...

the purpose of my 97 max is appently to end up parked next to the cardboard box i'll probably be living in before its done lol! i bought my first max in 89 an 85 off my best friends dad-always had to have another after i wrecked it. once i finally grew up i bought the 97, then the 89. i wanted something that noone else had, so i spent a fortune turning this bike into something that i would ride and people would like to look at. i like to kick back at the nascar races and just watch how many people check it out. if i have time to polish it nice, i'll enter it in a show or two here and there. took 1st in class at killington classic this past year. it's still a work in progress and who knows what santa has in store for me this year (clear carb diaphram covers and frame braces hint, hint). i know the ole lady will see this post later.

enjoy odieoh24

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 004 - Copy (3).JPG
    004 - Copy (3).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 30
another nice toy..can the max out pull the sv for a short time

There pretty even with equal riders...

The SV's best time by the rags is 10.90 and 0-60 is about 2.9... :thumbs up:

The bike is an absolute blast with the low end grunt and the sound...:worthy: It's my baby!

There pretty even with equal riders...

The SV's best time by the rags is 10.90 and 0-60 is about 2.9... :thumbs up:

The bike is an absolute blast with the low end grunt and the sound...:worthy: It's my baby!
must be a big weight difference....

Over the years, I've used my Max to:

Kick ass.

Get laid. (those were the days:whistlin:)

Pull a trailer.

Long distance tour.

Eat Harley-Davidsons(tm) for lunch.

BeBop around town, bar to bar.

Scare the shit out of myself.

Totally fall in love with it!

Meet the woman I married.

Was on it when I proposed to her.

It's been a great 22 years. Let's see. In 22 more, I'll be almost 80! Yeah, I'll still be riding it, but I'll make sure to get the extra heavy-duty Depends to keep the seat fresh!!!:biglaugh:

''

they figure thats about 12 ..13 hp :whistlin:..old max dont do to bad...must be the tranny

Hell no! The Max does great!

The SV is a 90? twin so it runs out of steam around 145mph. It's not about top speed though. It's about it's low rpm torque figure which squirts you out of the corner.:punk:

Back