Whats your choice of radial tires and sizes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03max

Reaction score
I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I'm looking into purchasing some carrozzeria wheels. I was wondering what brand and size tires are you guys running? Any help would be much appreciated

Curently im running with 190/50R17 on the rear and 120/70R18 on the front.
With this setup max is a difrent bike, realy somethimes i feel like on gixer or something :rofl_200:
One thing still stops me with grinding my knee on the corner and its a footpeg :biglaugh:

Anyway i've had set of michelin pilot road 2 and IMHO those are the best tires that you can find on the planet.
For now i have metzeler roadtec on the rear and i must say its a little hard tyre and it needs some time to get warm.
Pilot sport is pretty warm about 2km of hard riding.

I am running a Metzler Me880 180/55/R18 rear and Metzler Roadtech Z6 120/70/R18 front and have had great success. Bike loves radials for sure.

I am running a Metzler Me880 180/55/R18 rear and Metzler Roadtech Z6 120/70/R18 front and have had great success. Bike loves radials for sure.

Diddo here and I'm running the Cars as well... :punk:

Great tires!

Chris

Attachments

• 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2398.jpg
    100_2398.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 58
I am rollin' Carzz.

I went with the Bridgestone G850, and G851, the deal was too sweet.

I like em'

I am going to use the Avon Cobra 180/55/18 for the rear and go with Avon Storm 120/70/18 on the front, will let you know how that works out.
Cheers

The storms are good for touring! I had a set of those on my UFO wheels before getting screwed by UFO. I gave them to a neighbor and he loves them.

Chris

The storms are good for touring! I had a set of those on my UFO wheels before getting screwed by UFO. I gave them to a neighbor and he loves them.

Chris

I do a lot of commuting/touring that is why I chose the Storm. Does it provide a good amount of cornering ability as well???:ummm:

I was looking at the Bridgestone BattleAx Bt021, their marketing seems solid enough, for the front but want to keep to the same manufacturer for consistency. If that makes any sense.

The 021's are good too. Most tires today are actually pretty good. I went with the ME880 because they seem to last forever and they have pretty good traction. They do take a bit to warm up though. Pretty normal for a touring tire.

I have a set of the zeds on my SV and love them as well.

Chris

I was looking at the Bridgestone BattleAx Bt021, their marketing seems solid enough, for the front but want to keep to the same manufacturer for consistency. If that makes any sense.

Aw, Crap I ment Bridgestone also, not Dunlop.

I have the G850, and the G851 in the front and rear, in sizes 180/55, and 120/70

Thanks for all the responses guy's. I was looking at the metzlers but I have some other options to explore as well. One more thing. Does anyone no how much shorter the 120/70-18 is than stock? Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for all the responses guy's. I was looking at the metzlers but I have some other options to explore as well. One more thing. Does anyone no how much shorter the 120/70-18 is than stock? Thanks again for the help.

I spaced my fender down about 5/8" or so and think it looks OK.

I buy race scuffs on Ebay in 180 or 190 and use a standard radial in 17" 120 on front.They stick like glue and only cost me around 100$ shipping. They only sell them in 17s want work for the old 15" rear max or new 18"new max rear.

I have carrozzeria's also.....

Front- 120/70zr18 Dunlop Roadsmart
Rear- 180/55zr18 Dunlop D207

Both work very well!

Spaced the fender about 7/8" looks Good IMHO.

I'm running an Avon Cobra AV72 200/55-18 in back

And an Avon Azaro AV45-ST 120/70-18 on front

I love 'em, they stick like glue in the twisties and I get about 4000-5000 in back and around 6000-7000 in front.

The thing about the one in front I really like is that it will actually let you wear it out instead of starting to act stupid due to cupping and feathering, it's the first front tire I've had that didn't cup and feather before the tread itself was worn out.

If I had it to do over again I would definetly go with a 17" wheel in back, you can get true sport bike rear rubber in 17's, the best tire you'll get in 18's is still gonna be a "cruiser/touring" tire unless you run a 160 width or less. but I'm still happy with what I've got, I've pushed them to the limit and never had them scare me, I just know there are better tire for riding like I do in 17"s

Rusty

Back