What's your MPG?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard they're so well tuned u could shove a burrito in one carb and the rest would pick up the slack.

I wish! Next project is to put Mikuni 150's in for the main. Still a bit rich.

I wish! Next project is to put Mikuni 150's in for the main. Still a bit rich.

wish i had your knowledge man. one day maybe. still understanding the basics...

i may ask for some advice to get the house shitkicker bike going again at some point, little GS500, it hates starting, but once its warm its ok. gotta do all sorts of starter fluid and whacking the throttle for it to start. ANYWAYS. sorry!:hijacked:

Right now, I'm 42mpg on the highway, and 38 around town. I'm running Kerker headers with a Kerker carbon can, stock carbs with 150 mains and the stock needles 1 shim.

It really depends on how you drive. I also get around 42 mpg on the highway. Went to the dragstrip last weekend and the low fuel light came on at 85 miles. Let's see... 70 miles highway @ 42 mpg = 1.66 gallons. 15 miles at the strip using the other 1.44 gallons(3.1 gallons to fill at light)=10.41 mpg!

I seem to be getting only 24-27mpg.
It goes about 85-90 miles till the light comes on and I haven`t pushed the reserve past 8 miles, I`m tempted to take out a slider to see if the needles are shimmed but I don`t want to play with it any more `cause it`s running so good and the plugs look pretty good too.I don`t even know if the jets are stock or not and, I can`t get ahold of the original owner.
<<Dave>>

I get right around 41-42 by myself not being an idiot and about 39 with my fiance on the back.

I definitely like to get on it from time to time but I'm not a hooligan.

Running good is relative. If you don't know what running "perfect" is then when the run decent you have no idea. Every Vmax tuned properly should get somewhere in the mid 30's to low 40's on the highway and not terribly much less around town. I think most (not all) people with my jet kits get great power range as well as 38+ mpg (many reporting well into the 40's).

Sean Morley

I normally run in the mid 30's although when i rode to the Spring Icebreaker I did avg in the high 30's and one fillup was 40mpg. I have a Mark's exhaust and need to get Sean's kit installed (still need to purchase).

My low fuel light always comes on between 80-95 miles. I don't do any highway riding. Very minimal steady throttle cruising too. Mostly blasting as fast as I can till I need to slow down before I hit a turn, LOL. MPG averages in the low 80's...

I have marks 4-2, seans kit, 162.5 mains, two shims on needles, stg 7 springs, undrilled slides.

"I was reading a posting where this guy got 85 miles before he filled up. I was completely shocked but then again it depends on what you've done to your bike so this is what I'm asking... What have you done to your bike and where do you have to fill up? All I've done was replace the exhaust to a Super Trapp (BTW is totally awesome but I have to be in the back of the pack cuz its so loud hehe) and I don't have to fill up until I'm at 115 miles. This is where my light comes on. What do you fill up at??"

See this thread, it asks the same questions basically:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8555

Well, converted in US gallons - I get between - 39 - 43 mpg or about 125 miles b/4 reserve light comes on.

Mike

my light usually comes on between 125 and 135 miles. i get 42 to 46 mpg. on hyway trips.

not so good rippin around town:rofl_200:
also....i fill my tank till i can see gas in the filler neck.

dang my bike is a gass hog lol. I get between 33 to 40 depending on the way I am riding. On trips I usualy get 102 to 110 ( 110 with my harley buddies lol) before the light comes on. I am not little and I ride at a pretty good pace probably doesn't help matters either.

God.. am I driving this thing too hard... I can barely get 80 miles before the light comes on... then again I'm doing about 100mph to work everytime I get on it. I just can't help it. I know I said I'd take it easy.. my first two tanks on this bike I was getting well over 125 miles to a tank, but now... well lets just say the Vboost is very addictive....

well just took it for a out of town trip(first one :punk:) and at 120km/h or at about 4600-4700 rpm on one leg 100 miles/160km before the light came on so about 33-34 us mpg. you guys getting 40+ what speed are you driving at??

you guys getting 40+ what speed are you driving at??

Yea that's something I've been wondering too.

Also note the pattern, all the guys getting those figures are running '06 and '07 models..

Having said that, today my fuel light cam on at 69 miles (!?!?) I know I've been having this misfiring problem and strong gas smell at idle, but after a shotgun today both seem to have gone away. I'm getting more puzzled by the minute, but will check all my gas connections too.. :ummm:

are the 06 and 07 jetted or set up differently?? guess it also depends on how big/heavy you are, im not a small dude so the wind resistance must be a factor. im going to fill up and see how much i used on the way home, light not on yet but should be close, did end up driving a few hundred rpm more once and a while but had to use all my might to resit going past 5000 all the time.

well, filled up and coming home defiantly used less fuel, it was really windy last night so from 33-34mpg i got 40.5mpg same speed same road probably went a little faster, maybe fuel was better who know???

Back