Wheelie poll: Who has brought the front end up?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever brought the front end up (wheelie) on a V-Max?

• Yes

Votes: 106 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.9%

• Total voters
Ya, I was riding with a R6- friend from school.

Since trying to guess bikes from behind is a little game I play when I ride, I tried to figure out what you were riding. From a distance I noticed it was a shaft-drive cruiser- Must be Japanese. Dual exhausts-My first guess was a V65 Magna, but as I got closer I saw it had round blinkers, Magna's had square ones. Little closer, slid over a bit and I saw the "stripes" on the heads....it's another Max! I immediately wondered if it was anybody from this forum. I was going to pull up next to you and give salutations to a fellow Max rider but you took off at the stoplight before I got a chance.

I'm at school in Potsdam at Clarkson. Send me a PM or something if you want to go for a ride.

You ever go riding on ---? The section between the intersection with --, and -- is known as the "autobahn" around here. I hit 138 with the Max there, and didn't go below 100 once. No place for cops to hide except for one rest area, and excellent visibility- you can almost always see at least a mile in front of you. It's a great place to let Mr. Max stretch his legs.

Last edited:

Since trying to guess bikes from behind is a little game I play when I ride, I tried to figure out what you were riding. From a distance I noticed it was a shaft-drive cruiser- Must be Japanese. Dual exhausts-My first guess was a V65 Magna, but as I got closer I saw it had round blinkers, Magna's had square ones. Little closer, slid over a bit and I saw the "stripes" on the heads....it's another Max! I immediately wondered if it was anybody from this forum. I was going to pull up next to you and give salutations to a fellow Max rider but you took off at the stoplight before I got a chance.

I'm at school in Potsdam at Clarkson. Send me a PM or something if you want to go for a ride.

You ever go riding on 458? The section between the intersection with 30, and the bridge is known as the "autobahn" around here. I hit 138 with the Max there, and didn't go below 100 once. No place for cops to hide except for one rest area, and excellent visibility- you can almost always see at least a mile in front of you. It's a great place to let Mr. Max stretch his legs.

All I knew was I had a couple other bikes behind me......If I had only known........

I have never gone on
???.....I will have to check it out.....:punk:

You ever go riding on ? The section between the intersection with , and the bridge is known as the "autobahn" around here. I hit 138 with the Max there, and didn't go below 100 once. No place for cops to hide except for one rest area, and excellent visibility- you can almost always see at least a mile in front of you. It's a great place to let Mr. Max stretch his legs.

i play that game too. its fun. found another max that way a couple times, never able to catch up.

also another 'forum' rule of thumb, is to not mention street names, as it then alerts the popo about where people do things that aren't quite legal. they are around searching thru forums.

Damm, reading all these posts make me really realize how crappy my bike with cobras on it is running and how off the jetting is from the PO.. Holeshots are coming next week and it will be interesting to see how much better this bike runs after I tweak the jetting a little. Will most likely end up going with Seans jet kit down the road but for now I'll have to work with what I have and see how that works out. Hopefully I'll be able to get her up now...I know I've had her lightened or maybe an inch or 2 off the ground when hard on throttle between 1st and 2nd but thats about it..

I'm about to take the bike out for a test run. I just trimmed the very green oxidized end off 2 of my plug wires. I think I'll add +1... or +3 to my wheelie count :D

One day at the drag strip i ramped the timer on my nitrous to low and got a little clutch happy.At launch it 9:00 clocked with nos spraying ,grab 2nd wheel still up nos full spray still up.Did not go down till third almost went the whole 1/8 on back tire.Loved it JOHN

i will have to say after riding a fzx700 fazer for 2yrs i underestimated the power of my new max. i was in first gear at about 4k rpms and said hell "ll crank it. well i twisted back as far as i could and i pulled a foot wondering y i was looking up at the sky. So to those who keep calling my bike a cruiser " f u" lol

Put an ME880 tire and put at least 40 PSI in. It's not a very stick tire and I can smoke the tire with ease.

My buddy just bought a 97 max and didn't tell me. Told me to come over. Pulled into his driveway and could only see the front of the bike and new right away. " you bastard" I was thinkin til he told me to take it for a spin since my Max is in boxes at the moment.

Yes the front end comes up easy. Especially with my wife on the back.

I can carry mine for a while. i stopped doing it about 2 years ago cause every time I hold it too long the puke tank for the stage 7 fills up with oil. Plus, I just redid my fork seals and want them to last :biglaugh:

two years ago on the wisconsin ride we got rained out only did about half the ride on the way back to the hotel i was trying to have some fun ended up doing some wheelies in the rain. does anybody remenber that :ummm:

I get a kick watching stunters on you tube. I used to be able to ride a wheelie forever on a dual purpose when I was younger without all my injuries. I cant seem to find any stunters on the Vmax though. Iv never had the balls to Wheelie my max to the balancing point and always in second gear.

Anyone have a vid of someone stunting a Max??

Back