Where Did You Go On Your Weekend Ride?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out early Sunday a.m. We have been having tropical depression related heavy showers for the last several days, and Sunday we had a respite. The humidity and temps were lower than normal for July-summer, so I took advantage of it.

I cruised thru parts of Ft. Lauderdale on finger canals, homes have docks which connect to the Intracoastal Waterway and the ocean, so there are a lot of boat owners along there. Interesting cars I saw were a red Delorean and what appeared to be a Bradley GT, which is a Ford GT-40 VW kit car. No signs of Marty McFly, or "Doc."

I also ran my bike a bit on the 595/I-95 merge, and it pulls really-nice on its fresh head job, undercut tranny, COP's, Stage 7 carbs, Dyna 3000 box, and UFO 4/1. Running hard to close to redline for the 4/5 shift, radials keep the weave away, PS shocks help there, and my FZR1000 calipers pull it down quickly. Finally I feel justified in the $$ I have been spending. The bike is about a sneeze from rolling-past 24,000 miles. I have owned it since '93, it's a '92, I got it from the Yamaha dealer w/~1700 miles showing. Already had it for awhile, gonna have it awhile more.

I need to strip it down to paint the frame, swingarm & brackets, and then I think I can leave it alone for awhile. That's my last major task.

Attachments

• 2013 summer solstice VMax.jpg
    2013 summer solstice VMax.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 12
Great weekend, I rode up to NH and had a real good time. The ride up and back was a breeze. I hit the city in the wee hrs and got right through easy. I want to thank Wayne-o and his wife Gina for their hospitality. They are two people that do the Vmax community proud. I wouldn't miss an invitation if possible in the future. We had a few Vmaxes, and a couple of others, on our ride, great people. We got to meet some of the local bike croud, including a Gen 2. And, a real down home swamp Yankee in a one horse town. Gas station, general store, old geezer included that likes to yell at everybody....lol Hasn't been off his property in 80 years.
Our friend Ron and his wife Leaha came in the cage. The drive belt broken on their bike unfortunitly. Too bad, second engine and nothing but issues for poor Ron. I pointed out the stock Vmax for sale there with 8k on it. You can lead a horse to water........
NH has some incredible scenery and roades. Wayne-o is a blast to hang out with.I'm ready to do it again.
Steve-o

Went for a ride out in Maryland countryside around MT Airy and Westminster (BALTIMORE RAVENS ) area with mike vmax2extremes and some other good folks from MD . Real nice back roads !!!

I just had a quick blast down to Lake Ozark early yesterday morning before the heat and tourists turned up. Cup of coffee with my wife at Starbucks (She's the manager there) and back home. Not much to report on that 60 mile jaunt apart from the fact that my Max definately prefers sub 90 degree temperatures. No popping or banging whatsover :)

Chris.

Rode what we call the "Irish Loop" on Sunday. 180 miles of coast line twisties through a bunch of small towns. 50mph speed limits between towns. Slow going in the towns. Great ride! Max was great on fuel too.

Rode through the a very foresty part of Ct on Sunday. Wife took the baby and went shopping with her mother so I took full advantage. Nice 140 mile ride

It was a great ride. I left my subdivision & made it lie like 3 miles on crackiricans bike & it started sprinkinling & I said I don't want t0 have to clean all this chrome & I hauled ass home.

Cruised around NH Sunday, had lunch at a nice spot. Despite the heatwave here the riding was nice and my bike ran beautifully. Saw lots of huge snapping turtles sunning themselves on the shoulders. Barely been riding since Laconia. Very slow year.

Last edited:
300 Mile loop around Clear Lake on Friday.

Attachments

• Clear Lake Trip.jpg
    Clear Lake Trip.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 10
I went on a 386 mile ride to my family home town farmville, va.

It was all about - me the bike and the wind.

Went on an awsome VMOA ride on Sat, we hit SW Mich pretty good, 22 or so in attendence............Had a blast!............Tom.

Latest posts

Back