Which Vmax to Pick?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxer-4-Life

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in a situation but a good one:
My dad is going to pull the trigger on an 09-10 vmax and is giving me a chance to pick my max ('88 with 31,5xx miles) or his ('96 with 17,8xx miles).
Which would you choose?

96 all the way, unless the 88 is compleat custom, but if they are both stock go with the 96 thats my opinion any with sight unseen any way. You Lucky Ba****d

Hi all,
I'm in a situation but a good one:
My dad is going to pull the trigger on an 09-10 vmax and is giving me a chance to pick my max ('88 with 31,5xx miles) or his ('96 with 17,8xx miles).
Which would you choose?

If all else is the same......the 96. Less miles is better.......usually.

Yup...'96 for sure. It has the bigger forks (43mm instead of 40mm), better brakes, better tranny....quite a few upgrades that don't really show, but make the '96 a better bike, IMO.

Hell the spin on filter is worth it for me! lol

All things equal I'd jump on the '96.

Chris

Hell the spin on filter is worth it for me! lol

All things equal I'd jump on the '96.

Chris

Agreed on the upgraded forks and brakes, but spin-on oil filters are highly overrated. I simply don't have a problem with the good, old hairy-chested, man's cartridge filter . . . (it certainly wouldn't be of primary concern for me).

Agreed on the upgraded forks and brakes, but spin-on oil filters are highly overrated. I simply don't have a problem with the good, old hairy-chested, man's cartridge filter . . . (it certainly wouldn't be of primary concern for me).

I was kidding...

But... I can go to any auto store and get a filter on Sunday... That's a plus! :eusa_dance:

Ok, update need new opinions..
My '88 has: Kerker 4-1, Stage 7 Jet kit, UFO fork brace, frame braces, DD clutch fix, and K&N pods but 31,XXX miles.
The '96 has SuperTrap slip ons and 18,XXX miles.
And I gotta add an additional $500 on to what i sell mine for to trade up, opinions?

why not move the kerker and jet kit over to the '96?

Definitely go for the '96. You could take most of the cool things you have on the '88 and put them on the '96 before selling it. Like keep your braces, and if you like them, swap the exhausts and the full carbs rack (easy to do).

The '96 gives you so many good Yamaha upgrades (fatter forks, beefier front brakes, electronic ignition etc) and it has less miles to boot.

Latest posts

Back