Who's still riding? Winter = brrrrr

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
true enough, i guess if youre gonna buy a sled, why get anything but the best... Yamaha

It was 22 degree's when I test drove and bought my Vmax about a month ago.
Waiting on spring......Best I can do in winter is My four wheeler.

wire

Seeing it's right in the middle of a good ol' fashioned noreaster here at the present time...halfway through a predicted 15-18 inches...I have officially ceased all riding of motorcycles for the foreseeable future...

But thanks for asking...

Seeing it's right in the middle of a good ol' fashioned noreaster here at the present time...halfway through a predicted 15-18 inches...I have officially ceased all riding of motorcycles for the foreseeable future...

But thanks for asking...

+1...and i'm up to my valve covers in maintenance & upgrades anyways.....no riding for me for awhile..........

But thanks for asking...
I hear ya OT, have been on a ride in almost 2 months here.:damn angry:
I would still like to hear about good rides that any of the fair weather friends are doing.
You know the rides that just trancend all time and you just forget about everything else that by the time you get home all you can do is just smile.

OH, I forgot, that happens every time we ride!:worthy:

I ride my 99 Max rain, shine, cold and hot. Of course, here in Texas we get something like 11 months of summer and a couple weeks of bad water skiing weather.

Im still riding in Florida. LOL I know why I dont like snow now they were supposed to pick up my other bike in Tennesee today but they cant get in or out where the bike is located so now its stuck there untill my carrier comes back thru in Febuary this sucks.

I've been riding the Vmax during the Winter commuting to work and back, running errands, etc. The only thing that has stopped me is the snow/ice/salt.

In Indiana right now it's in the teens in the morning (to work) and about 20s-30s in the evening (to home). I have decent Winter gear but nothing's heated. Usually only my hands will start to freeze after a while or the visor fogs. I really enjoy the ride, but people at work think I'm nuts.

Any other bike yetis out there...who's still riding? Sorry...guys in Cali, Hawaii, deserts, other hot places don't count. :)
Rockatansky is rarin' to get some runs on "Skyshot" but with the snow on the ground now we can't hook her up enough to get escape velocity. He had to back down on a few tries last night. At least the KX has knobies on it so we'll be firing that up for some air time soon.

true enough, i guess if youre gonna buy a sled, why get anything but the best... Yamaha

I beat the absolute piss out of my RX and it still runs great, though it really doesn't like the E10 fuel. Gives it an annoying farty hesitation when you nail it.

At the other end of the spectrum, one of my friends bought a brand new 2011 Polaris "rush" 800. 15 miles in, one of the lower a-arms....buckles. Didn't crash, didn't hit anything, it just creased itself on landing from jumping a small snowbank. About 30 miles later, it completely failed at speed and the entire right suspension collapsed, instantly barrel rolling the sled. The shock snapped in half and it was $1600 to repair it, and Polaris wouldn't warranty it. The sled had like 50 miles on it when this happened. And the "rush" is supposed to be the top-of-the-line polaris flagship for aggressive riders.

He was taking it easy, new sled and all. I hit the same snowbank he did, but a lot faster and got much more air off it. No issues for me, or any of the other 5 non-polaris sleds that were with us.

Its 36 degrees here in Iowa and Im goin riding. Whos with me?

as soon as the snowplow clears my street and I finish blowing out the driveway after the 7 " of snow fall last night .... I'll be on my way .... :rofl_200: Don't wait for me !!!!

:rofl_200: Don't wait for me !!!!

OK Jeff!

Man, that sucked. I had to pull multiple U-turns avoiding water. I rode a bit of hard pack ice. Roads were filthy. But the carbs needed that.:thumbs up: And the second gear burn out in front of walmart felt good.

Latest posts

Back