Yet ANOTHER sign the world is truly coming to an end!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"And I still question the common sense of anyone that would. That Duc would bring me no more pleasure then does my 8 year old V Max when I?m riding it. All the Duc could do, other than go somewhat faster, is say "look at what I can afford, and YOU can?t!" "

A Ducati that makes 220-240 horsepower RELIABLY without heavy modifications would be infinitely more pleasurable to me than most other bikes.

If someones income range makes buying a $70,000 bike no different than me buying a $300 mini-bike then I don't see the incongruity..........It's all about scale.

Rusty

Plus, you have to set valve clearances every 7500 miles at least....and that isn't fun on a desmo.

Mark

Plus, you have to set valve clearances every 7500 miles at least....and that isn't fun on a desmo.

Mark

that, to me has always been Ducati's downfall, the expensive maintenance required.

the newer models, (1098 and 8whatever ) have been extended somewhat from what I read. I seem to remeber reading that it's included for 3 years

hell, any dealer performed maint. is high on any bike.

that's why I wrench on my own stuff

now, the question is, could I or would I on a more expensive bike like a Duc

I guess if falls under "If you can afford the bike, you should be able to afford the maintenance required"

Last edited:
and not on the subject of Ducati, but if I didn't have a family that bleeds me dry, I would seriously consider a more exotic bike in the future.

I really like the naked MV

B1098RR_RFred.gif

B1098RR_LFred.gif

122_0310_MV_Agusta_BrutaleS_02zMV_A.jpg

122_0310_MV_Agusta_BrutaleS_01zMV_A.jpg

its funny how we all accuse people with more money than us as not having comment sence. Or that we accuse those who spent more than us (on anything) as having been irresponsible.

RJ,

Before you gitcher panties all in a bunch because you think I made a derogatory statement

no sweat Phil...i wasn't bustin on ya.... i was just making a statement about what i see every day in my own life with ANYTHING that is expensive... Im an average guy too by the way... ha ha ha... i save for my toys and for the record...my duc was 500 bucks less than my vmax....ha...
My point...(probably said in a shitty way) was that we all take the view that anyone who spends more than us is wastfull or crazy... For instance i know guys who think me buyin my vmax (14000 brand new) was crazy waste...."when you can get a gixxer 1000 that will kick its ass for less".. no what i mean? we all look at the world and say "you spent more than me on your house? well thats just a waste" boats, cars, watches, dinner, etc etc etc..... the worst case of this is the old breast enlargement thing... "oh thats just too much...." ha ha ha ha ha

sometimes the written word comes out wrong i didnt me to sound like i was bustin on ya bud..... Visit me for a beer some day...a nice cold Canadian one...my treat!

"And I still question the common sense of anyone that would. That Duc would bring me no more pleasure then does my 8 year old V Max when I?m riding it. All the Duc could do, other than go somewhat faster, is say "look at what I can afford, and YOU can?t!" "

A Ducati that makes 220-240 horsepower RELIABLY without heavy modifications would be infinitely more pleasurable to me than most other bikes.

If someones income range makes buying a $70,000 bike no different than me buying a $300 mini-bike then I don't see the incongruity..........It's all about scale.

Rusty

some of us probably have boats or suv s in that range... so say a guys decides to sell his boat , trailer and truck for haulin it around and take up motorcycling.... would that be close tp a fair trade? i mean toys right? so like 45000 for a new F150 in Canada (full spec), nice boat and triler for 30000? seems about right no? suddenly that 70000 bike is not that outrageous.... especiall when a corvette is now around 80 grand and jeess this is looking not all that bad.... Its just that we are all aware that a bike can be had for a lot less i suppose.... but you can say the same about a Hundai and a porsche

that, to me has always been Ducati's downfall, the expensive maintenance required.

the newer models, (1098 and 7whatever ) have been extended somewhat from what I read. I seem to remeber reading that it's included for 3 years

hell, any dealer performed maint. is high on any bike.

that's why I wrench on my own stuff

now, the question is, could I or would I on a more expensive bike like a Duc

I guess if falls under "If you can afford the bike, you should be able to afford the maintenance required"

biggest ducati myth of all time...i was worried too once then actually took a look at the procedure in the book.... its not a big deal to do yourself. in fact i change the belt anyway... its part of the fun of owning a bike...doin your own stuff...

Attachments

• MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1098 08  1.jpg
    MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1098 08 1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 11
  • MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1098 08  3.jpg
    MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1098 08 3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • V2_mogirl_janvier2008-1.jpg
    V2_mogirl_janvier2008-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 26
RJ...

Glad to know we're cool Bro' Thanks for that offer...Should ya get down my way...I'll throw some 'gator on the grill, share some Southern Comfort on the rocks, and swap some war stories with ya!

I don't 'hate the rich'...I don't 'envy' either...but still feel that 70-72k bux, is way too much to spend on a decent ride...

But if you're a 'Jay Leno', you can always have one of those jet powered things, that will likely melt that Duc...and leave it way behind, for a paltry 100k or so... AND one of everything else too! More power to 'em!

Take care Mah Fren'!...

Philthy

If I Had Enough Money To Spend 70,000.00 On A Motorcycle, It Had Better Go 6.80's In The 1/4 Mile All Day Long & Come With An Umbrella Girl !!! Ha,ha, !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back