To-do List: Your V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright, so I finally got my bike up and running. Works great. Faster then I need it to be. Feels great. But of course I still have a too do list. For me most of my too do list is cosmetic.

Now it seems a lot of people here have had their bike for a while and already set up. But if you do have a too do list, feel free to post it in the thread, give advice, show photos, ect ect.

1. New Handle bars - I already ordered one from Sean and I hope to see it this week, really looking foreword to it.

2. New lines - I have a new brake line in the mail with my handle bar but I eventually want to replace all the lines and such, white if I can.

3. Paint Job - This will more then likely come in later on, during the winter or something. My bike is black and I want to add two white racing stripes. Or one, or one and a half.. not sure yet. :D

4. New tires/wheels - To be honest I am up in the air if I am ever going to replace the wheels or not. Eventually yes, I am thinking 18 inches. But no where near the top of my to do list. Same thing with my tires. They seem pretty new and have plenty of grip still. That being said. I am wanting to go with a very wide back tire... not drag strip wide.. but noticeably wide. The kicker... I want white walls. Thats right. I said it. White walls.

5. Windscreen - This will probably be one of the first things I get. Looking to get a mid size one... Something that will brake the wind but wont stand up 8 feet in front of me.

6. Highway Bars / Foot Pegs - Not 100% on the highway bars... I gotta say I am interested though. And I am not looking for anything fancy as far as foot pegs go.

7. Gen2 scoops - I really am interested, but I would like to see some photos of Gen1 bikes with the newer Scoops on them.

8. Clear covers - Deffently looking to order some from Sean down the road.

9. And many many more.....

Good topic!!
1) Install Harlan shift light. 2) Remove forks, clean, new oil and ricor intiminators. 3) get bike Dynoed and see where I'm at A/F wise, then possibly remove carbs for main jet change. 4) RIDE!!

(1)Two small oil leaks (2) get used to the 3inch over swing arm ( 3) Ride like I havent been able to in three years! rode with the carbs in the rain ............and made it home ,wouldnt do that with the EFI!

1) Take care of oil leaks. Think I've got them kicked, but need a ride through traffic on a hot day to be sure.

2. Morley seat. Had enough of my ass falling asleep.

3. PCW clutch kit.

4. Repaint engine. My 97's mill is all faded out and looks kind of shitty. Every last flake of paint has worn off the water pump elbow as well.

5. Clear covers. I like to see all the spinny thingies inside.

6. Touch up rear fender. A few scuffs/scratches from stuff rubbing on the luggage rack.

7. Remove and polish the SS Holeshots. I discovered that Purple Power severely etches stainless when it's hot and there's a big "spray" blob etched into one of them.

Things I've taken care of so far:
-Added HP3 led's to all gauges
-Added real water temp gauge. I hate "dummy" gauges with no numbers on them.
-Added COO oil pressure gauge. Was going to do the "dreaded o ring fix", but I have better than normal pressure so I suspect something's already been fixed and I left it alone.
-Fixed issue with right side Holeshot can slipping off the header every so often.
-Fix high speed wobble (PCW did this)

I too like the topic...... 1. Have Sean finish 2. Have Sean finish 3. is the most important! "Have Sean Finish"

Gannon

Excellent topic! :punk:

top-ten-sign%5B1%5D.jpg

1. Starter clutch and motor
2. Kjellberg cables and fan override
3. Fine tune forks
4. COPs and battery gauge
5. Reshape saddle
6. Mirrors, turn signals and tail light
7. Stage 7, Mark's Exhaust, and AFR gauge
8. PCW/Bartlett/DD clutch upgrade
9. Solid motor mounts and caliper upgrade
10. Rear suspension, swing arm bearings, tires

Last edited:
I suspect this will soon be 10 pages long and not surprised if it gets stickied.:rofl_200:

1) Brakes: Brembo on 320mm wave rotors, new master with matching for clutch. Braided lines to go with them. (acquired)
2) Chassis: Frame brace and braced swing arm.
3) Wheels: Depending on avaliablity at time of purchase LIGHT 18inch or LIGHTER 17 inch- If I do 17 inch I will also do vmax/venture swap to keep final drive ratio as close to stock as I can.
4) Engine: Morley's jet kit and full headers. Mill ask to have bung welded into pipes so I can attach a EGT monitor. Dyna 3000 for control of ignition and rev limiter.
5) Aesthetics: Various body panels to buy/build/modify and paint. New grips, mirrors and whatnot.

1) Paint

End of list. For now

Wayyy ahead in the future,

Taylor USD front end with 180 tire
Taylor +6 swingarm with 300 tire
Taylor wheels

*Oil change. ( what's the best Vmax oil ) Just kidding, no reply needed.:biglaugh:

*Check/change plugs.

*Change coolent.

*New tires soon.

*Ride, ride, ride......

I'll guess I'm going to chime in here now:

1. Burn up my old tire to install my new Shinkos that have been sitting boxed since last fall. Damn stock tires have over 6000 miles on them and still going....BURN BABY BURN!!!

2. Waiting on my new custom made, out of china, LED accent lights that I will be showing off at Thunder in the Valley if all goes well. Damn things took me 3 weeks to find a vendor to fabricate what I was looking for....details to come

3. Install LED accent lights with 4 stage wireless remote system.

4. F. Maerz frame brace.

5. change oil

6. check & change out plugs.

7. Depending on how plugs look, if all are black n rich, might lean out to 147.5 mains as Sean Morley initially recommended to be running with my Supertrapps. I'm already getting about 42mpg, cant imagine what leaning out would give me!

8. New rear progressive springs.

9. Install unique hard to find speedo sequential shift light with volt meter. Details to be posted once installed! Awesome idea too since having the LED lights I will need to monitor my battery level.

Thats it for now....my mod monkey isnt digging too deep at this time.....

I don't know from experience on the vmax, but I've been using LEDs since high school electonics shop class and I can't see them drawing that much. Particularly if you also have LED turn signals and brake lamp. Still a volt meter can't be a bad choice though i've not heard of a shift light/volt meter combo! Have seen a volt meter/mirror so anything is possible.

Nice Post

1.Venture shaft drive
2.Mark's perfomance exhaust 4-1
3, frame support bars
4. headlight 7' with a small fairing
5.2nd stage camshafts
6.the other 3 clear covers that i am missing
7, swingarm with 6.25 rim for 220 tyre

I don't know from experience on the vmax, but I've been using LEDs since high school electonics shop class and I can't see them drawing that much. Particularly if you also have LED turn signals and brake lamp. Still a volt meter can't be a bad choice though i've not heard of a shift light/volt meter combo! Have seen a volt meter/mirror so anything is possible.

Oh it exists, but not in the USA. Most of the HOT V-max products are manufactured abroad as you have probably seen by now. I will not disclose the make until I have it adapted to the vmax application.

I do have LEDs for all my turn signals, dual brake lights, & console without any load balancers added. The accent lights are custom made from China that have about 60 SMD5050 (tri-LEDs) per foot. I just like knowing what my battery voltage level is at.

Sounds cool, you'll have to keep us updated. I'm looking at the koso rx-2n and trying to decide if it fits with my overall plan myself.

my to do list is.
1. break into the 10's on the quater mile ( i know what i was doing wrong. and will get there)
2. 17 inch rear wheel ? FJR maybe

3. put more woman on the back seat. Than last year :punk:

Finish putting it all back together after replacing the trans(thanks Sean) Motor, swingarm and exhaust all back together. Now its finding time for all the little stuff...

My first free weekend coming up, and Ive got three friends stopping over to get some help. One needs tires swapped and a full service. Another wants help re-jetting his Vstar1100 and removing the AIS system. The last one is a fellow legion Rider, and wants to install progressive springs on his electra glide. On the positive side...I wont need to "buy" any beer this weekend :)

Latest posts

Back