09 VMax Dyno numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This is from one of the Yahoo lists with actual dyno numbers. HP seems lower than what I expected since Yammy claimed 197 at the crank

Cycle World has released their VMax dyno testing.
174 rwhps and 113ftlbs at the rear wheel on the CW dyno.
The most powerful motorcycle they have ever tested!

I don't know about the last line as "most powerful" ... maybe for torque but certainly not for HP.

Yeah, I agree Buster. Dale Walker ran 10.13 at 138 mph (I think). Some are blaming the Bridgestone tires. I blame the porkiness.

Yeah, I agree Buster. Dale Walker ran 10.13 at 128 mph (I think). Some are blaming the Bridgestone tires. I blame the porkiness.

Is that 1/4 mile time from an 09? I haven't seen any 1/4 mile times yet.

Yeah, I agree Buster. Dale Walker ran 10.13 at 128 mph (I think). Some are blaming the Bridgestone tires. I blame the porkiness.

That doesn't seem right, I am around 165 rwh (with NOS) and I can run 130 mph (I'm 220+lbs too) I'm suing a progressive control on my nos and so it isn't even hitting 100% until 2 or 3 seconds into the run.

I would think with 174 rwh he should be mid maybe upper 130's mph???

Seems about right being it's a shaft drive, would have been nice to see it a bit higher.

I wouldn't get too crazy over the 1/4 mile times just yet people! Lets see, we've seen one run at 9.43 @ 142mph and now a run at 10.13 @ 138mph (he thinks).

Last edited:
This is from one of the Yahoo lists with actual dyno numbers. HP seems lower than what I expected since Yammy claimed 197 at the crank

I don't know about the last line as "most powerful" ... maybe for torque but certainly not for HP.

Seems pretty good to me. I think that stock 'busa's are putting down around 160 rwhp? and zx-14's around 165 rwhp? and we know that niether one of them are even close torque wise.

I think the weak link is going to be the stock rear tire. I will wait until there is some time for people to get used on how to launch it and maybe try some different tires first.

Seems pretty good to me. I think that stock 'busa's are putting down around 160 rwhp? and zx-14's around 165 rwhp? and we know that niether one of them are even close torque wise.

I think the weak link is going to be the stock rear tire. I will wait until there is some time for people to get used on how to launch it and maybe try some different tires first.

I searched Cycle World's forum and they dyno'd a 08 Busa at 177.5 HP and about 103 ft/lbs. That is why I was a bit dubious of that statement. I guess it is an accepted practice for a magazine to tell the bike manufacturer what they want to hear.

I searched Cycle World's forum and they dyno'd a 08 Busa at 177.5 HP and about 103 ft/lbs. That is why I was a bit dubious of that statement. I guess it is an accepted practice for a magazine to tell the bike manufacturer what they want to hear.

Oops! okay, I was going from memory, which I guess is info from a couple of years ago. I didn't realize the new ones were that much stronger. :confused2:
I stand corrected.

That doesn't seem right, I am around 165 rwh (with NOS) and I can run 130 mph (I'm 220+lbs too) I'm suing a progressive control on my nos and so it isn't even hitting 100% until 2 or 3 seconds into the run.

I would think with 174 rwh he should be mid maybe upper 130's mph???

He ran 138 MPH which is almost deab balls on the walls for the weight to hp ratio, thats about right. 10.1's sounds as his 60ft was lacking a lil I figured high 9's which it will run as he stated the bridgestones which SUCK!! Put a shinko stealth 003 and you will see 9.80's no problem put pee wee on it weighing 145 lbs and you will see 9.60's 9.70's which I figured 6 months ago

sounds about right, you look at the stock 1st gens. Claimed 145 at the crank but slap it on the dyno your getting around 116 to the pavement.

I'm thinking still 197 at the crank and after going through the trans and the shaft 174, still fits the power loss.

10.13 is hauling for a bike that size. People are just going to have to realize that it is no giant killer. It's going to be hard to run with bikes that make the same hp and weigh 100+ lbs less. I would stop aiming for 14's and busas and set my sights on b-kings, brutales, and speed triples.

10.13 is hauling for a bike that size. People are just going to have to realize that it is no giant killer. It's going to be hard to run with bikes that make the same hp and weigh 100+ lbs less. I would stop aiming for 14's and busas and set my sights on b-kings, brutales, and speed triples.

Exactly Bawls. That's why I'm not getting an '09....I already can beat those bikes although the new Speed Triples I'm not sure about. Shit, I'll just get one of those lol.

Some of us aren't in it to be the absolute fastest most powerful ride in the world which many of you can't live without being the quickest out there. You will always be disappointed. Stick with whatever makes you happy, I'm thrilled beyond belief to get my '09 Max, I've been waiting so damn long for it! I find it funny how people pass judgement on a bike based on one 1/4 mile run, have we forgotten the 9.43 @ 142mph or you don't believe that ever happened? LOL, whatever, stick with what makes sense to you!

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the BKings have proven (informally, of course) to be at least as fast as the 'Busa in the 1/4. Beyond that, the Busa mops the floor with the naked bike, of course.

Back