2014 Thunder in the Valley - PA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes HyperPete there are numerous wives and girlfriends that regularly attend, I'm sure your significant other would feel comfortable with our group. It is the Days Inn at 601 and I-70 in Somerset.
I'll put a plug in for Sean Morley's work on Corbin seats, while I don't have a Corbin, I've sat on one redone by Sean and it was way softer than the stock Corbin I sat on. It might pay you to call him and see what he could do for you.
I will contact him. I also have the stock seat - I'm leaning toward having that reworked cause that danged fuel filler hole is the pits!!!

Yes HyperPete there are numerous wives and girlfriends that regularly attend, I'm sure your significant other would feel comfortable with our group. It is the Days Inn at 601 and I-70 in Somerset.
Room reserved for Friday and Saturday nights!

I will contact him. I also have the stock seat - I'm leaning toward having that reworked cause that danged fuel filler hole is the pits!!!
Sean did my seat and for me it's perfect! He can also make the stock rear section wider and more comfortable too.
Glad to hear you were able to get a room, they can get a little scarce the closer we get.

Hello everyone looks like at this point I will be able to make out to the Thunder put me down as coming at this point. I did get reservations today to make sure I had a room. Looking forward to meeting some new people that love to ride and especially love their Vmaxes!:biglaugh:

The list is still growing, make sure you get your name on it here.....

I am sure we will have over 50+ vmax riders this year since we only account for about 50% of the people coming usually.

Another great year in the works and do checkout the VMOA Thunder event calendar which is nearly complete:

http://www.vmoa.net/modules/xcenter/?storyid=33

Michael I went to the vmoa event calender Nice job. Looks like my group will be able to make the dinner ride so count us in.

Just to let everyone know my rides are fast paced from time to time but we wont leave you behind and my route's are easy to fallow so dont miss out because you dont think you can keep up. If we have more than 10 rider's i will have two leaders and two groups that will stay togather through out the day. We just like to hit the twisties and hammer the streights from time to time. But we also like to stop here and there for vidio time.

Looks like I'm going to make it. Planing on getting to thunder on Thursday afternoon. Put me on the list. Lee Langschied thanks.

Lee I have one hell of a nice route planed for our ride to sumerset. We will be leaving toledo ohio around 7:30ish if anyone want to ride with us we will be taking route 20 to 250 across to wheeling west virginia Than i have a scenic back route from wheeling to sumerset.

I am going to try to get off work that weekend....shouldn't be a problem. Only thing is, I don't trust my '85 to ride that far (170 miles) as I have never rode that far on it at one time. It doesn't have any problems that I know of other than a very small leak around the valve cover however it is 29 years old. My concern is, if I were to trailer it up there, I'm sure finding a parking place for a truck and trailer will probably be impossible. Anybody live close by that would be willing to let me park my truck and trailer??

I am going to try to get off work that weekend....shouldn't be a problem. Only thing is, I don't trust my '85 to ride that far (170 miles) as I have never rode that far on it at one time. It doesn't have any problems that I know of other than a very small leak around the valve cover however it is 29 years old. My concern is, if I were to trailer it up there, I'm sure finding a parking place for a truck and trailer will probably be impossible. Anybody live close by that would be willing to let me park my truck and trailer??
You can park your truck and trailer at the Days Inn in Somerset where we all stay or at Scott Trimpeys in Stoystown (about 10 miles from our hotel).

I didn't think there would be much parking at the Days Inn. That would be perfect. Right after I asked that question, I found out about Scott Trimpey's place on the VMOA site. I will shoot him an email and ask about parking there just in case the parking lot at the hotel is filled up.

There is always plenty of parking for trailers at the Days Inn. Either way there or at Scotts will work just fine....Hope to catch you there!

Room at Days Inn reserved! My buddy Seth and I will be rollin in on Thursday night and stayin till Sunday afternoon. Cant wait.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back