9.43@142mph!!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE MY SCOOTER AND ITS FASTER THAN YOUR BOOOOOOSA AND THE NEW 09 VMAX!!
I make 9.8 HP so kiss my ass and mines faster and you will never be as cool as me cause I am faster, did I mention my scooter is faster than you?
My scooter is the best of all bestes1 I guess my last post didnt make it, I dont see why, it doesnt smell and worse than all the bullshit I been reading in thread.

I've never been to a track, all I do is magazine race. Pfft ya got me.

The VMax is the quintesential motorcycle for all things race oriented. Better?

RJ - No need to get it twisted, I owned a damn VMax and will again. Why the hostility when I put down physical numbers on a bike and explain why I don't think the same way you do?
you do not need to get but hurt about it. I was just posting real world stuff I have seen with my own eye's. try it you might like it.

Well the 1st Gen 'Busa's are known for second gear issues. I have a back cut trans arriving tomorrow for the bike. I can ride it but WOT in 2nd the bike skips once or twice due to the dogs rounding. Back cutting them cures this, I also have billet shift forks for it to.

Mine's a 99, right now the 'Busa is on a stock MAP, full Yosh system, large air box mod, 6" stretch, 190 shinko, lowered 2" in the back, and a strap up front. With a weak fuel pump (it crapped out on me the next day or two after the dyno) on what I've been told is a conservative dyno the bike put down 156/96. Same dyno had an 06 ZX14 piped, PCIII, air box mods etc lay down 162 to give you a comparo.

The PCIII is coming over the winter as well as a 60 dry hit and either a sidewinder or the Brock's Megaphone or Alien Head. I want to get the air shift on too. I walk around at 265lbs so if I can get the bike in the low 9's I'll be happy on that set up. Should be around 220-230 rwhp next spring.

2nd gear issues are due to rider. Undercut tranny and billet forks are nice and allow the bike to shift very nice though. Ya might pickup hardened shift shafts from Brock while yer at it.
The yosh pipe is not a hp/tq maker on the Busa. The large airbox mod(if your sure it has the "large" mod) is too much as well, especially considering your weight. It really hurts tq. Yeah, the dyno was a little low. I dyno'd mine(04) with totally stk airbox(flapper still active even) and stk exhaust(cans removed on dyno) and it pulled 157 to the wheel with 98ft/lb of tq. Most yosh equiped Busa's properly tuned are in the mid 160's.
The configuration you mentioned above is capable of low 9's at your wieght, but your gonna need to get your 60's in the 1.4's. Your wheelbase is certainly capable of supporting that as is the tire.
Be sure to gear for your wieght. Also be sure to get a look-see at the clutch. Stk clutch hub(the factory lockup part) is not gonna allow you to cut good 60's with your weight and it being stretched.
If i were you, i'd also run all LONG stacks in the airbox as well. Hurts hp slightly up top but will add down low and in the midrange where a "big guy" can benifit most.

Sorry for the threadjack guys. Was not trying to take away from the original post!

I LOVE MY SCOOTER AND ITS FASTER THAN YOUR BOOOOOOSA AND THE NEW 09 VMAX!!
I make 9.8 HP so kiss my ass and mines faster and you will never be as cool as me cause I am faster, did I mention my scooter is faster than you?
My scooter is the best of all bestes1 I guess my last post didnt make it, I dont see why, it doesnt smell and worse than all the bullshit I been reading in thread.

What!! Your scooter will be faster than my new Max? Well that does it, I'm calling the dealer right now to cancel my order!

2 Stangs - I'm not hurt, it just seems it's a round -e-round of posts. I used to live at the strip as well. I've seen what the above mentioned bikes can do, I'm not a magazine racer in the least bit.

RJ - Not sure if you get my point, which has been the same the whole thread or not. I hope you get what I'm saying. I've said it several times in the thread, I'm not a (insert brand here) guy. I'm going off of real numbers and it isn't adding up. Not saying that it will never happen. I've beaten several sport bikes even on highway rolls on my last Max. Shouldn't have, but did.

KJ - I thought you were joking but wanted to make sure haha.

Birdofprey - I can start another thread if you want so we don't hijack this one. - EDIT - I started one in the General BS section. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=47337#post47337

Lankee - We already know everything you have is faster bar none. :D

All - Read my sig, it's still the truth. ;)

ok cool...interesting....now lets ask ourselves a few questions based on the info..

The max has 200hp and a rumored 240hp if in race mode.... the speed limiter is set to 147.... if those et's above are right and the bike moves well off the line are we not in the ball park to break 9 seconds? (similar terminal velocities would suggest that, or at least suggest the engineers were thinking that, ells why not limit the bike to 150 even)

second...we have heard now about a 9.43 pass....if that was a stock bike best attempt then we could begin to see our guesses are correct....bike has the power, launches well (like a streatched bike) and is in the running...

Where did you hear about the "race mode"?

thought bike can tell went drag racing and allows another 6 or 8 mph thats it

Where did you hear about the "race mode"?

horshack.jpg

What!! Your scooter will be faster than my new Max? Well that does it, I'm calling the dealer right now to cancel my order!

Yeah hell yeah my scooter is supposed to run low 9's at 160 MPH I cant verify this though, but its what I been told:confused2: It also has a race mode that is supposed to drop the ET by a whole second.

I bet I have less in that bike than you think. I also sold my VMax and my 67 Dart project to fund it.

Hey no worries Mate! I was just pokin fun at ya!

I've been reading this thread. and I think RJ's summary is about right. made me laugh.
I say speculation is great and debating is fun sometimes. But it's nothing to get all worked up and mad about.
The day will come when a new 09 VMAx rolls up to the line next to a Busa, And that's When the Real Fun will begin.
Until then... :confused2: why get all worked up over it.

Its very VERY typical of UK magazines to run slower in the quarter mile for the same bike test than us magazines. If you ever do the comparison you will see this.

oh and your wrong about the BS.... it will never stop.... some guy goes 10 even on the new max with a sack of potash on his back and no licence and some one here will no doubt say ........

Sorry, I read all the other posts, but couldn't concentrate. WTF is a sack of potash!!??:ummm::biglaugh:

Sorry, I read all the other posts, but couldn't concentrate. WTF is a sack of potash!!??:ummm::biglaugh:

baahahahahhahaha!!
I was wondering when someone was gonna see that! hahahahah..... it seemed to fit at the time...

Yeah hell yeah my scooter is supposed to run low 9's at 160 MPH I cant verify this though, but its what I been told:confused2: It also has a race mode that is supposed to drop the ET by a whole second.

hahaha.... well everyone contributes in their own little way i suppose....:confused2:

I just love this prose:

"
We've ridden them all. The ZX-14. The Vulcan 2000 with its 2053 cc v-twin. The Hayabusa, and the Honda Rune with its 1832 cc flat six fed by a half dozen throttle bodies. Nothing leaves a stop light like the new VMax. The VMax is laying down more than 100 pound/feet of torque at the rear tire before inline-fours like the ZX-14 and Hayabusa have finished clearing their throats. Like many things in life, it is something you have to experience to fully appreciate and understand."

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22august08_2009_star_vmax.htm

I just love this prose:

"
We've ridden them all. The ZX-14. The Vulcan 2000 with its 2053 cc v-twin. The Hayabusa, and the Honda Rune with its 1832 cc flat six fed by a half dozen throttle bodies. Nothing leaves a stop light like the new VMax. The VMax is laying down more than 100 pound/feet of torque at the rear tire before inline-fours like the ZX-14 and Hayabusa have finished clearing their throats. Like many things in life, it is something you have to experience to fully appreciate and understand."

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22august08_2009_star_vmax.htm

Yep, and with my Gen 1 I could smack around a CBR600RR at a stoplight, too. However, if I let him wind it up, at all, he'd kick my ass. I'll show you the T-shirt, sometime.

Latest posts

Back