"99" is for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probly won't be able to get off it at the Dr.'s office.....but at least it won't fall over on me, I'll just beep the horn and one of those cute little nurses will come out and get me off.....I meant HELP me off!! :hihi:

NOW I see where you're going with this !!! LOL
Whatever works for you my friend. :punk:

Hey 'G', cool you got another max....and a dark carbon fiber one at that....widely acknowledged as the fastest ones, but everybody knows that! :punk:

Actually my '00 is bright orange! How's that for a change!?

All good down under, if your spyder develops wings you should come visit! :biglaugh:

im not sure dan wont just pull this off ," oh nurse can you come out and help me get off"...... lol i know he wouldnt pass up such a opportunity

I been thinking, as I'm staring at the thermometer hovering around 38? or so, I can wear any old insulated stuff to stay warm on the Spyder....nobody's gonna notice. I mean, it's not like piloting a 'nitrous v max', right? You're expected to be way cool on one of those, you got an IMAGE to uphold!! :coolgleamA::smoke000:

But the Web Crawler? Shit, I'm just another old guy on a fixed income trying to save gas money.....people will just think "look at that old geezer sitting at the green light, probly dreaming of the nitrous v max he had 'back in the day'!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

On the other hand....that's a de-tuned version of the 1000 cc, 143 hp Aprilla motor under the hood....a little mapping tweakage and we're talking a totally different breed o' cat........!! :eek:h yeah:

:punk::punk: yup a little map change and more then a killer beast, what ya think spiderman?, trade in your screwdivers for a computer

Well, the deal is done! I trailered '99 down to the NYC area yesterday, met the new owner who had ridden the train up from Washington DC and rented a u-haul to bring her home.

The transfer went off well other than the area we chose to meet in being a little confusing....but cell comm. and good ol' visual contact served us well!

His only drawback was the seat....being a long time Corbin rider the MAXGASSER just wasn't to his liking, so I will list the MAXGASSER for him in the buy/sell section, along with contact info.

The dim lights on my truck burned out on the way home so I had to leave them on bright....either that or 'stealth' mode (which didn't seem wise :biglaugh:) so after 3 hours of oncoming drivers 'flashing me off' it was nice to get home! :worthy:

Again, somebody got a hell of a nice bike. I'm glad the deal went down smooth Buddy. I'm looking fwd to seeing the new ride too. Leave some rubber on the Taconic for me....lol

Well, the deal is done! I trailered '99 down to the NYC area yesterday, met the new owner who had ridden the train up from Washington DC and rented a u-haul to bring her home.

The transfer went off well other than the area we chose to meet in being a little confusing....but cell comm. and good ol' visual contact served us well!

His only drawback was the seat....being a long time Corbin rider the MAXGASSER just wasn't to his liking, so I will list the MAXGASSER for him in the buy/sell section, along with contact info.

The dim lights on my truck burned out on the way home so I had to leave them on bright....either that or 'stealth' mode (which didn't seem wise :biglaugh:) so after 3 hours of oncoming drivers 'flashing me off' it was nice to get home! :worthy:

Congrats on the sale of the 99 - I have a corbin seat if he is looking for one. It in good shape, but is the old style with the flap.

Mike

Congratulations on the transactions.

Why didn't you just use the headlight adjustment screws to aim the lights 'down' for the trip? Cops like to give tickets for people using their brights, especially if you are behind them!

Twenty-four years ago I was hauling a 16' trailer containing a disassembled WW II-era Mercury to Montreal. As I went thru the metro NY/NJ area, I came to a tollbooth. Being the same time of year as now, the weather was cold, overcast, and dark all-day. I had my lights on. I also had my properly-aimed Lucas driving (fog) lights on. When I got into the toll booth/gate area, I paid my toll and waited for the gate arm to ascend. And waited, and waited. I rolled-down the window and asked my toll booth attendant, "do I owe more money?"

"No," she replied.

"Is the gate broken?" I asked.

Again, she said, "no." Nothing else.

"Well, then what's the matter?" I asked.

"Turn-off your lights," she said.

"But it's dark out!" I replied, wondering why she told me this.

"Turn-off your lights, your 'extra' lights!" she demanded.

"What?" I wasn't sure I heard her correctly.

"You can't have those lights on and I'm not raising the barricade until you turn 'em off!" she said.

So I thumbed the switch off and she raised the barricade, and I made sure the rear of the trailer was clear of the thing before I flipped 'em back-on.

Maaybe it was snipe-mating season and the light pollution distracted the amorous critters! :ummm::biglaugh:

Congratulations on the transactions.

Why didn't you just use the headlight adjustment screws to aim the lights 'down' for the trip? Cops like to give tickets for people using their brights, especially if you are behind them!

The adjuster mechanisms are screwed up and I decided to chance the ticket rather than take a chance on breaking those little machines....think I priced them at $90 each a few years ago. Believe the ticket would have been cheaper! :rofl_200:

i CONGRATS DANNY , BUT IT HAS TO BE BITTER-SWEET !

Yeah, a little Timmy, but you know how it is Brother....you do what you have to.

There's a sunny side tho, Heidi loves the Spyder and even asks when we can go for a ride....so, as much as I loved roaming thru the mountains on '99, it's even more fun roaming thru the mountains with my beautiful wife with me! :punk:

Me too Danny . I enjoy riding through the mountalins with my girlfriend of 27 years and talking .............. err ................ listening to her take on life. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 24
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 22
Me too Danny . I enjoy riding through the mountalins with my girlfriend of 27 years and talking .............. err ................ listening to her take on life. :rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: I know Paul!! As much as I love and enjoy her company, when she suggested getting 'one of those things so we can talk back & forth' I had to come up with many reasons why that wasn't a real great idea.....'the helmets aren't designed......', 'I need to listen to the engine.....', and lastly, and the kicker I thought.....'that would be great honey, but maybe the distraction would actually be unsafe!' :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back