Adding a pig tail for battery charger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unscrew the terminal bolts (ground first), put the ring terminal connectors on the bolts, and screw them back in. Should be pretty easy. I'm assuming this is for a battery tender or optimate.

Deltran (Battery Tender) sells a polarized connector so you won't start a fire by allowing the hot + lead to accidently go to ground, and start some costly pyrotechnics.

Oh. There are two little latches under the cutouts in the rear fender. That flips the center section of the seat. Battery is there in front of the tank. (unless this is a gen2, and I didn't notice the subforum because I'm on my phone).

None of my seats are bolted. Easier to get gas from a can to the tank and get to everything under the seat. They only fly off if you flip the bike. Not recommended to do that though. Have pigtails on all of my bikes regardless of brand. Batteries last much longer....

I have an odyssey battery. I don't put a lot of miles in the max and haven't plugged a tender in for at least three years.

It's lasted much longer than any traditional lead acid battery I've owned to date

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I cut a hole in the plastic shroud around the ignition switch and added a cigarette lighter socket. Directly to battery through a fuse. I can charge through it, or stick a USB adapter in there and charge my phone.

I fitted one to my 85 max when I first got it. I was having trouble with the battery charging like many Max owners so it was simple to connect a plug to easily charge my bike for an hour or so before leaving home.

I will take a photo tonight.

I connected the wires directly to the battery terminals and then ran them down the right side of the bike to a water proof plug.

Its quick and easy.

I fixed the charging problem later, but it was so easy to give the boke a quick charge before going for a ride

I thought the bolt holes for the seat were purely cosmetic. As for a trickle charger I have it running from the battery to the same area as the gas cap that way I can leave the seat on while having it on a charger in the garage.

+1, makes life so much easier! It is also better to take seat off if your Vmax is overloaded with a bunch of stuff on the or in the seat area!:rofl_200:

But who would ever overload their bike with stuff all over the back seat, and I don't know, like, ride it half way across North America?

Back