Any reason for a ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
So today I heard on the radio there was a peach festival in lewiston NY, about 50 miles away. So I thought " I like peaches". So I jumped on the Max, went there and paid a dollar for a couple of peaches, and came home. A nice 100 mile ride. A few months ago I heard about a little stand that sells caramel popcorn in Olcott NY, again about 50 miles away. So I thought " I like caramel popcorn". and you know the rest of the story.
I know you really don't need an excuse to ride, but it's kind of funny the little things we come up with to get out.:eusa_dance:
Tim

Yeppers,
when the opportunity arises, I do the same thing. Went to breakfast the other morning, in Mt. Pleasant, a town 70 miles north and came back via Mt. Vernon, which is 20 miles west of Mt. Pleasant. 2 tanks worth of breakfast, back at the house by noon!!

Wheeeeeeeee:punk:

To me thats what riding is all about. Enjoy. My season is winding down up here. about 3 maybe 4 weeks left, if I stretch it.

KJShover: You're just moving from riding to all the winter fun things.

KJShover: You're just moving from riding to all the winter fun things.

Thats the way I look at it, c'ept I don't have any real desires to change or add anything to it.

I've already ordered a Morley's jet kit for it. I've been rapid fireing questions to EFM on thier Autoclutch. It sounds like it might be something I might pull the trigger on.

I had a lockup on my XS11, it took some 10ths off the e.t. and gave me more mph on the big end. But, at $700 for the Vmax I might be able to put that money to better use elsewere. 2 years of Vmax insurance, 2 months of fuel oil for the house and 3 tanks of gas in my truck, a few months of groceries, etc.

They modify your clutch and give you a 3/8" spacer for your cover. so if it were to go, you would have to have a spare clutch on hand (stock would be fine) to keep it on the road. but it does have a lifetime warranty on material and workmanship. They've tested it on engines making 280hp and had no slippage.

I guess I'm still up against the fact that my bike is running too good, and I'm in no big hurry in changing anything. LOL Who knows, come January, when cabin fever has fully set in, that may change.

I hear ya KJ... The more you change... The more that breaks...

I'd throw the money towards some radials. You'll love the change and what good is a locking clutch when you have less tire to work with? lol

Chris

So today I heard on the radio there was a peach festival in lewiston NY, about 50 miles away. So I thought " I like peaches". So I jumped on the Max, went there and paid a dollar for a couple of peaches, and came home. A nice 100 mile ride. A few months ago I heard about a little stand that sells caramel popcorn in Olcott NY, again about 50 miles away. So I thought " I like caramel popcorn". and you know the rest of the story.
I know you really don't need an excuse to ride, but it's kind of funny the little things we come up with to get out.:eusa_dance:
Tim

Same here....funny thing too is....i'll have to run an errand up to the store 5 minutes away that I have to take the car for....and go....."eh, maybe tomorrow"........

Thats cool, I think I would loose my mind at the peach festival thou, I can't stand peach fuzz, just typing about it is making the hair on my arms stand up.

Yep, any reason is good enough. Todays excuse was dropping off some bills. One at the water co, one at the sewage co. Both are about 3 miles from home and have a drop off box outside. Ending up taking the long way home and hitting the highway for a couple exits for 130mph fun! The ride wasn't long enough but it felt good to get out on the road. Its been awhile since I've done any riding.

Today I needed to turn my time in for work, about 5 miles away. It turned into a 30 mile, go get an ice cream with my 9 year old daughter ride. :clapping:

Back