Anybody run their "H" rated tires faster than 130?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
The manual states to use V rated tires on this bike. I don't plan on riding at sustained speeds of 130+, but I am curious about your opinions as to whether or not an H rated tire will hold up... I would think tire ratings would be conservative, but what do you guys think?

They are rated based on continuous speed for 2 hours. I was above 130 yesterday on my H tires. :)

I have heard that the ratings are made for an hour of continous use at the given speed.... I'm not sure how true that is, but I don't think you will have any problems speed wise. The other thing to look at is the rated weights. Using a tire that has a lower rated weight may wear out or fail sooner. Not sure if any of this helps, but it is what I have heard.

I had my ME880 over 200mph on the dyno. Would not suggest it done like that on a regular basis but normal street riding (and playing) will be just fine. The tire grew tremedously from the extreme centrifugal force. Stayed together and went on to get worn out by me (didn't take long)!

Sean

I have been above 130 numerous times and over 140 (according to my speedometer 149- my brothers FZ1 said 145:confused2:) on my Bridgestones and Dunlops.
Does that make me a bad person?:biglaugh:

I have been above 130 numerous times and over 140 (according to my speedometer 149- my brothers FZ1 said 145:confused2:) on my Bridgestones and Dunlops.
Does that make me a bad person?:biglaugh:

No, but your avatars make you a bad person... :rofl_200:

just kidding....

Latest posts

Back