Anyone have these mirrors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help ya there Abe, but i've always wanted to try these:
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZkosoQ20mirrorQQ_armrsZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_fromZR7QQ_mdoZQQ_sopZ12

Thats a link to several, so you can see different colors. Dunno about their quality, but their guages sure are NICE! "Looks" to me like they would provide a good rear view. I'm running ZX-9 and ZX-7 brake/clutch masters w/o mirror provisions, so i can't use them....

damnit bird.... those look nice! and are cheap...

i clicked ona couple and said it would fit yamaha models, but no specific mention of LH threads..

IMHO art of mirrors:

BS010A.jpg

I got tired of looking at my shoulders so I bought bar end mirrors, cheap from ebay. They work great, the only drawback is splitting thru the traffic and keeping a distance between cars because of the width. I prefer the look of them also.

Attachments

• bar end (Large).jpg
    bar end (Large).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 66
fake carbon fiber is not cool, functional or stylish. Don't poo poo your bike up with junk.

Once you go bar end mirrors you won't go back! My buddy has those Rizoma mirrors on his bike. I think they were 300 U.S.

CRG and Oberon make good bar end mirrors.

I had a set of Cobras elephant ears on mine for a while but they were chrome so I binned them.

Those are good looking mirrors,I have bar ends and I would agree that it would be hard to go back to standard location.Got mine from Iron Pony for around $50.00

Attachments

• finished after winter overhaul 016.jpg
    finished after winter overhaul 016.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 48
Not bad, eh? Let us know how you like them. I've not tried them, but would be happy to if i had something to attatch them to...

I will! Thanks for the link to them! There coming from Hong Kong so hopefully I get them before the end of the summer:rofl_200:

I will! Thanks for the link to them! There coming from Hong Kong so hopefully I get them before the end of the summer:rofl_200:

def let us know.... i like my bar ends but i could be swayed perhaps...

For those of you who went to bar ends, how are you covering up the mounting holes for the stk mirrors? I was thinking about a couple of those black, snap on bolt cover things if you know what I'm referring to. Any other suggestions?

for a quick fix until i find some nice looking plugs i painted a couple low profile screws and pushed them down into the holes with a little silicone,they actually aren't noticable at all.

For those of you who went to bar ends, how are you covering up the mounting holes for the stk mirrors? I was thinking about a couple of those black, snap on bolt cover things if you know what I'm referring to. Any other suggestions?

ah something i actually know a legit answer to!

the FJR and YZF master cylinders were taken out of the parts bin but use mirrors elsewhere, there is a yamaha plug that fits right in there and works great!

check out this thread:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3026

i quoted the pics from an FJR and gave the part numbers, check out posts# 23 and 46

i think they're $2 or $3 apiece, expensive for a piece of plastic but fit perfectly. they're not threaded so they just plug into the holes

it also helps my old bike and my roommates up until a few days ago was a 2005 yzf600 so i just stole the plug out of it and made sure it worked first!

ah something i actually know a legit answer to!

the FJR and YZF master cylinders were taken out of the parts bin but use mirrors elsewhere, there is a yamaha plug that fits right in there and works great!

check out this thread:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3026

i quoted the pics from an FJR and gave the part numbers, check out posts# 23 and 46

i think they're $2 or $3 apiece, expensive for a piece of plastic but fit perfectly. they're not threaded so they just plug into the holes

it also helps my old bike and my roommates up until a few days ago was a 2005 yzf600 so i just stole the plug out of it and made sure it worked first!

Hmm, good stuff. Thanks Garrett.

Back