Award Request for CaptainKyle! -AWARDED-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for CaptainKyle!

• Yes

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

SpecOps13

Reaction score
- SpecOps13

------------------
Sender Information

Userid: 4339
User Name: SpecOps13
What is your name?: Dave or Grumpy:rofl_200:

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: Mod Monkey
Description: Awarded to users with innovative ideas that they have modded their VMax with.

Recipient username : CaptainKyle

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

CaptainKyle has been a driving force for many VMax Riders in Florida for a long time. His Tech Days have lead to many a mod being performed. He's always there to supply parts or get his hands dirty helping with anything. I can't count how many VMax's I've seen him work on. He does his own paint work, obtains hard to find parts and has them PowderCoated for exchange, now stocks parts, is a Fantastic Wrench.. What else have I missed... I feel this award is way, way overdue... As with a few others here, the Award should read "Master Mod Monkey". IMHO...

Just a few of the pictures I have of bikes Kyle's worked on and the parts he's had on hand for all of us. 1 through 4 are "Orange Peel" I called it "Agent Orange". It was in and out and I can't even find pictures of it finished here.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Parts 1.jpg
    Parts 1.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Parts 2.jpg
    Parts 2.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Parts 3.jpg
    Parts 3.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 15
Re: Award Request for CaptainKyle!

i YES , HE IS THE MAN , AND I CANT WAIT TO COME DOWN THERE AND MEET ALL OF YOU GUYS IN PERSON ! .. :punk:

CaptainKyle has been a driving force for many VMax Riders in Florida for a long time. His Tech Days have lead to many a mod being performed. He's always there to supply parts or get his hands dirty helping with anything. I can't count how many VMax's I've seen him work on. He does his own paint work, obtains hard to find parts and has them PowderCoated for exchange, now stocks parts, is a Fantastic Wrench.. What else have I missed... I feel this award is way, way overdue... As with a few others here, the Award should read "Master Mod Monkey". IMHO...

Enough,enough.........YOU HAD ME AT TECH DAY, MAN!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

CaptainKyle:You_Rock:

Tim, We can't wait to meet you either...:biglaugh:

Mike, Yes and that was a Great Day too....:biglaugh: Hope it can happen again....

Last edited:

Thanks all ! Here are a couple pics of Agent orange as Dave called it.

Attachments

• orange crush 4.jpg
    orange crush 4.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 17
  • orange cush 2.jpg
    orange cush 2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 14
  • orange crush.jpg
    orange crush.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 17
  • orange crush 6.jpg
    orange crush 6.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 14
  • orange crush 3.jpg
    orange crush 3.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Yup Kyle, The guy had you build and paint that bike to make a strong statement... It shows what you do almost every single day...
Work, Work, Work on VMax's....... Well, other bike's at times......:rofl_200:

Definately yes vote for me........................:clapping:

this is an easy yes. from my day one, the cap'n has been by my side showing this scallywag the ropes :punk::clapping:

safety-pirate-smiley.jpg

Oops, I just checked the guys site, the Orange bike is officially called "Project Orange Crush". My Badd....:bang head:

I knew the Orange part was right......

Seems right to me. Good deed doer, bike modifier, all around good guy. Keep up the good work.

This was a very easy call ! :clapping::clapping::clapping: Absolutely yes !

I'm gonna call Kyle in a few minutes and hopefully have a safe ride up to see him. He's working on an 85 and an 89. I need to have him get some Metzler's on order for my 94. And, maybe I can be of some small help to him...

Well, I made it there to see Kyle today. It never ceases to amaze me how much he's got going on all at one time... Here's some of what was going on today...

Kyle had painted this 85 rear wheel and had a new tire mounted and it was going back together by the time I got there about 10:30 AM. Next, the front wheel came off and I watched in amazement as Kyle cleaned and painted the wheel in less than half an hour... Great results BTW... He's a perfectionist, things have to be better than good if he's got the say in the matter...

I got a picture of Kyle on the run finally. going to grab a rag or something.

Christine's 85 (Kyle still lays claim to this bike but we know who rides it 90% of the time).. Kyle's 89 has taken a back seat for a few days. He's awaiting a Kerker 4-1 set up that's at the shop for Ceramic Coat... He has another set of carbs all ready to go on it.. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This bike may undergo an amazing transformation over the next month or so. Depends on whether it will actually run. It suffered severe neglect in South Florida.. So far, it looks like a surviver. It turns over and the A/F Screws turn freely. This is gonna be like raising the dead but if anyone can do it it's Kyle...

My Bike Strafer. I did manage to get a couple diddly videos that you can find posted in another thread..

Oh, and a representative of the Other Companies Bike.. A V-Rod.:rofl_200:

Dave

Attachments

• 85 In Process 1.jpg
    85 In Process 1.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 85 In Process 2.jpg
    85 In Process 2.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 85 Front Wheel Painted.jpg
    85 Front Wheel Painted.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CaptainKyle.jpg
    CaptainKyle.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Christine's 85.jpg
    Christine's 85.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 13
  • Kyle's 89.jpg
    Kyle's 89.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 12
  • The Amazing 86.jpg
    The Amazing 86.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Strafer.jpg
    Strafer.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 12
  • One of the Other Brand Motorcycles.jpg
    One of the Other Brand Motorcycles.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 14

Good pics Dave. I synced the carbs & took the 85 for a ride it runs great & starts really easy now the carbs were beyond out of wack. I am headed to the paint store tomorrow to get the paint for it & pick up some paint for a Faux cover a guy called & said he wanted painted today.

Damn I miss my bike and my friends and hanging out and riding.

Wassup in the garage Kyle, it looks like a lot of space!! Did some spring cleaning? ;)

He has part of a warehouse now too.... Good to hear from you G.

Damn I miss my bike and my friends and hanging out and riding.

Wassup in the garage Kyle, it looks like a lot of space!! Did some spring cleaning? ;)
No I need to clean up again & the warehouse sure helps out a bit. There are only 5 bikes here right now so I can actually fit them all in the garage.

Latest posts

Back