-AWARDED-Award Request for MILES LONG!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for MILES LONG!

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
- COP RUNNER

------------------
Sender Information

Userid: 887
User Name: COP RUNNER
What is your name?: TIM

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: Mod Monkey
Description: Awarded to users with innovative ideas that they have modded their VMax with.

Recipient user name : MILES LONG

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

AFTER ONE OF HIS RECENT POSTS , I WENT INTO HIS ALBUMS AND LOOKED AT ALL OF THE FABRICATING THAT HE HAS DONE , HE IS WAY OVERDUE FOR THIS AWARD ! . TRUST ME ! EVERYBODY NEEDS TO LOOK AT HIS ALBUMS ! . CLICK ON THIS LINK . http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=584
-----------------------------------------------------

Re: Award Request for MILES LONG!

100% Yes, amazing what fantastic creations are overlooked.... Actually, it's sad that we overlook'd that Awesome Work until now.....

Yes, I recall having looked at his aux gas tank setup & I believe there was some give & take about the way it was done. We all get to make changes which work for us, and may inspire others, so he deserves it for promoting a better function and doing things a stocker doesn't.

Yes. He has done some great, unique mods to make the bike suit his needs. That's what its all about.

Thanks for the nomination, Tim, thanks to all for the kind words.....

This is unexpected, I didn't think anyone would have too much interest in my bike, because my mods are not related to increased performance, or appearance (I clean and polish the bike only once a year, in the spring). Except for the muffler caps, the engine, carburation and exhaust are completely stock. Everything else, however, has been fair game.
After dealing with the poor handling issues, my goal was to wind up with a dual-purpose bike, a street version and a touring one. It takes about three hours to switch fairings, remove the rear seat and grab rails, and install the larger gas tank , trunk, bags, and nose scoop. It's not a Venture or Gold Wing, but it does get me to where I want to go.
I get a huge kick out of fabricating things from scratch, such as metal and fibreglass body parts, but what I really enjoy is modifying, or converting, totally unrelated items to use on the bike. Such as the square tubing from a weight-lifting bench that became the bolt-on external frame to eliminate the high-speed wobble. Or scabbing the heating unit and vibrating motors from a car cushion and putting them into the rider's seat (women are fascinated when I show them this mod)
And then there is the headlight trim ring. It started it's life as a 8 inch stainless steel frying pan. It thought it was safe, tucked away with the rest of it's buddies in the pot and pan cabinet. But then I converted the fairings to take 7 inch headlights, so.......out comes the bottom of the pan, bend in and finish the rough edge, sand down and polish, add the "eyelid", and presto, one motorcyle headlight trim ring.
My wife is still looking for her pan, 5 years later, and occasionally asks me if I've seen it around. She walks right by it everytime she's in the garage. I just can't get up the courage to break the news to her.
Peace&Love, Miles

Attachments

• P1010687.jpg
    P1010687.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8

Very nice...........I've been wanting mine to be more touring capable for years but yours is light-years ahead........great job!!

I voted yes, Miles is my bud and who could resist a smile like that...:rofl_200:

YUP. Miles, your auxiliary tank and console are simply EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!!

Monkey-Wrench-250x300.gif

I saw the album a couple weeks ago and thought he already had awards for the fuel tank & dash. Gets my yes vote. :punk::punk:

Thanks for the nomination, Tim, thanks to all for the kind words.....

This is unexpected, I didn't think anyone would have too much interest in my bike, because my mods are not related to increased performance, or appearance (I clean and polish the bike only once a year, in the spring). Except for the muffler caps, the engine, carburation and exhaust are completely stock. Everything else, however, has been fair game.
After dealing with the poor handling issues, my goal was to wind up with a dual-purpose bike, a street version and a touring one. It takes about three hours to switch fairings, remove the rear seat and grab rails, and install the larger gas tank , trunk, bags, and nose scoop. It's not a Venture or Gold Wing, but it does get me to where I want to go.
I get a huge kick out of fabricating things from scratch, such as metal and fiberglass body parts, but what I really enjoy is modifying, or converting, totally unrelated items to use on the bike. Such as the square tubing from a weight-lifting bench that became the bolt-on external frame to eliminate the high-speed wobble. Or scabbing the heating unit and vibrating motors from a car cushion and putting them into the rider's seat (women are fascinated when I show them this mod)
And then there is the headlight trim ring. It started it's life as a 8 inch stainless steel frying pan. It thought it was safe, tucked away with the rest of it's buddies in the pot and pan cabinet. But then I converted the fairings to take 7 inch headlights, so.......out comes the bottom of the pan, bend in and finish the rough edge, sand down and polish, add the "eyelid", and presto, one motorcycle headlight trim ring.
My wife is still looking for her pan, 5 years later, and occasionally asks me if I've seen it around. She walks right by it every time she's in the garage. I just can't get up the courage to break the news to her.
Peace&Love, Miles
i " FRYING PAN " THATS AWESOME AND FUNNIER THEN HELL ! . :rofl_200: .:rofl_200: .:rofl_200:

Back